Early examples of Dembele Dollars?

Not a dembele dollar but always think of the African defender signed by strachan who claimed to listen to every Celtic game he could on the bbc world service in his wooden hut growing up is a classic.

The Korean midfielder they sold to Swansea for “£8 million” only for Swansea to break their record transfer 3 days later for £5.75milloon.
N'Guemo was the radio fan.

Nothing will ever beat the Daily Record’s front page headline that Messi was threatening to quit Barcelona unless they signed Celtic’s Dembelé.

That was truly astounding. Who even has the brass neck to print that tosh.
When they’re getting money from Celtic they would do it in a heartbeat

can we give an honouraable mention to Mr Ronaldo Cully? I

aka Crespo Cully

He Wrote

my fav article ever.....

bobo Bald rules himself out of Celtic's Champion's League squad by NOT moving to Birmingham.

Euro snub for frozen out Balde

• Evening Times
  • 12 Sep 2008
  • By RONNIE CULLY
BOBO BALDE’S refusal to move to Birmingham during the summer transfer window has cost him his place in Celtic’s Champions League squad.
The 33-strong Hoops group registered with Uefa for the competition which kicks off next week includes nine defenders, among them Jo Doumbe and Paul Caddis.
But Balde is out, which means even if Celtic suffer a spate of injuries to centrebacks Gary Caldwell, Stephen McManus, Glenn

aka Crespo Cully

He Wrote

my fav article ever.....

bobo Bald rules himself out of Celtic's Champion's League squad by NOT moving to Birmingham.

• Evening Times
  • 12 Sep 2008
  • By RONNIE CULLY
BOBO BALDE’S refusal to move to Birmingham during the summer transfer window has cost him his place in Celtic’s Champions League squad.
The 33-strong Hoops group registered with Uefa for the competition which kicks off next week includes nine defenders, among them Jo Doumbe and Paul Caddis.
But Balde is out, which means even if Celtic suffer a spate of injuries to centrebacks Gary Caldwell, Stephen McManus, Glenn

Forgot about that one!! :D :D :D

aka Crespo Cully

He Wrote

my fav article ever.....

• Evening Times
  • 12 Sep 2008
  • By RONNIE CULLY
Fùcking what?

That reads like a story from the National Enquirer.

Reactions: TNT
Who was the guy they signed who they said was the next "Makalele" (mibbees Kabousi or something like that) It worked for them as they got a work permit for a player who didn't have any of the necessary requirements

As someone said earlier the one where they signed the wrong one was brilliant. The sheep also tried to use the dembele dollars when trying to sell McKenna

I’ve read the following in the papers:

Brian McLaughlin was the new Jinky Johnston
Simon Donnelly is the new Dalglish and my personal favourite, Efe Ambrose is the new Yaya Toure.

It used to annoy me, I find it hilarious now.

It's a strange habit they have. Every new player has to be the "new" someone. Why can't he just be the original :))

The Polish FA president has apparently said that all the Polish clubs undervalue their players and Celtic have signed a player as good as 90 million Lautaro Martinez.

I heard an interview on the radio with some Polish football journalist who said that their new signing was like Mbappe - I kid you not.

aka Crespo Cully

He Wrote

my fav article ever.....

• Evening Times
  • 12 Sep 2008
  • By RONNIE CULLY
I had to read that about 5 times. haha. What the f*ck. :D Good old Cully, the epitome of toeing the line for the mentally challenged.

I remember Didier Agathe (who to be fair was a player) being linked with 10m moves to Juve and Valencia. One season later he cant get a game for Gordon Strachan. They eventually terminated his contract and he left on a free.

If you can stand it there is also this story....

See to be fair, religion and personal beliefs aside that's a really nice gesture from him. I mean, his armoured tank story will go down in folklore but that's a nice gesture.

If I remember correctly they called him Musonda Junior on his jersey ala Neymar, utterly shameless

Absolute boak inducing Fannie's. Aye cos life works like that, next time I'm at 5s or 7s I'll get KB Junior on the back of my top. That'll have me leaving everyone in my trail on the pitch, or it'll just get me a right sore one for being such a tit.

Mcstay also to. I'm sure there was not one bid for him.

Can't remember his value, but he was bummed up severely. ( May be the wrong phrase, probably not. ) :))
There was rumoured interest from us pre Mo Jo I've been told on a few occasions.

Em. Em. Nah. Not risking a ban. Thanks anyway.

I know, I know... excuse the link. CPd the paragraph.

"The 54-year-old was linked with moves to Italian side Udinese, Germany, Everton and even their bitter Old Firm rivals but he remained at Parkhead for all of his career, making over 500 appearances"

OP is daft example. They got 10 milion for him in 2010/11, which is more than our record fee received?

They also undersold Van Dijk and Dembele considering they sold a crocked left back for 25 million.

Sooner we start selling our players for big money we will be winning leagues. Fact is they do very well selling their players.

We haven't sold a player for decentprofit since Alan Hutton?

I know, I know... excuse the link. CPd the paragraph.

"The 54-year-old was linked with moves to Italian side Udinese, Germany, Everton and even their bitter Old Firm rivals but he remained at Parkhead for all of his career, making over 500 appearances"

Just fell off my carpet there. Think that's why no one buys a paper these days.
Just made up shite.

They name Udinese, then Germany? Anyone in Germany? back to Everton, then us.
Ffs. What a rag.

Last edited:
OP is daft example. They got 10 milion for him in 2010/11, which is more than our record fee received?

They also undersold Van Dijk and Dembele considering they sold a crocked left back for 25 million.

Sooner we start selling our players for big money we will be winning leagues. Fact is they do very well selling their players.

We haven't sold a player for decentprofit since Alan Hutton?
Aye. We had Martin Bain!!

I’ve read the following in the papers:

Brian McLaughlin was the new Jinky Johnston
Simon Donnelly is the new Dalglish and my personal favourite, Efe Ambrose is the new Yaya Toure.

It used to annoy me, I find it hilarious now.

Surely Fulton was the new Baggio tops the lot

I remember Didier Agathe (who to be fair was a player) being linked with 10m moves to Juve and Valencia. One season later he cant get a game for Gordon Strachan. They eventually terminated his contract and he left on a free.

If you can stand it there is also this story....
Mad to think he played in a Scottish Cup final for us against Kilnockie FC

They once signed a chinese fellow called Du Wei who was tipped to be a star by Maradona according to esteemed press ( back when he was morbidly obese and snorting half of Colombia )
I remember his debut well. Lost to Clyde in Scottish Cup

They once signed a chinese fellow called Du Wei who was tipped to be a star by Maradona according to esteemed press ( back when he was morbidly obese and snorting half of Colombia )
I remember his debut well. Lost to Clyde in Scottish Cup

My own personal favourite - Mo Bangura.
2 players at the Swedish club they bought him from. One was a goal scorer the other, well ended up at The Rhats.
Story being they bought the wrong one

Back