Easter road memories

One of my favourite trips was Vladmir Weiss debut. He came on changed the game and we won comfortably 3-0 with Miller scoring a hat-trick I'm sure.

More recently the midweek game in 2017 was cracking. Battered by Hibs for the majority of the matc and Windass and Morelos with 2 great first half goals to win after being 1-0 down, atmosphere was fantastic.

My favourite was the 4-1 win just after Christmas in the 2009/10 season. They took the lead after about 15 seconds. I wasn't at it but spent the day in the pub with pretty much every member of my family and most of my mates. Great day. Fucking love Christmas time.

Was the venue for my first away game. Trouble at the wee railway bridge saw me losing my uncle and as a six year old I end up walking the streets of Edinburgh on my Tod. Not sure what time it was but it was pitch black and the polis drove me home to East Kilbride after finding me standing at a bus stop.

Character building stuff :))

Was the venue for my first away game. Trouble at the wee railway bridge saw me losing my uncle and as a six year old I end up walking the streets of Edinburgh on my Tod. Not sure what time it was but it was pitch black and the polis drove me home to East Kilbride after finding me standing at a bus stop.

Fair play to the polis.

Tears on the train after a drybrough cup semi defeat early 70s, said train arrived late with no windows in glasgow.
Colin Stein 1975 wins us the stop 10 league a couple of years later, I was still at school but both games stay with me.

My first visit to Easter Rd, 1975 when we clinched the league.
Mention for a 4-3 game about 1997. I think we went ahead and were then 2-3 down and Albertz scored the winner.

Last time I was there was Helicopter Sunday. Obviously that's my best memory.

Was also there the day Hughes scored a last minute winner, that was some celebration.

Watched the 5-5 game in the London Pub in Hamburg, was some atmosphere.

My favourite was the 4-1 win just after Christmas in the 2009/10 season. They took the lead after about 15 seconds. I wasn't at it but spent the day in the pub with pretty much every member of my family and most of my mates. Great day. Fucking love Christmas time.
Aye that was some day out. Watched in a pub in EK with my dad and my mates then ended the night falling asleep in a bus stop outside Binghams. Good times.

Reactions: TN8
The slope on the Park and Souness debut stick in my head.
Not positives but memories.
If memory serves me correct the slope went from left to right downwards viewing from away fans perspective. Happy to be corrected.

A few doings in the Dryborough and League Cups early in the season in the early 70's. A cup replay with the gates shut before ko, 49,000 inside and thousands more locked out, another doing for us but we got the result thanks to big Gas Meter and a double from wee Tommy.
1975 and Colin Stein, with John Greig appearing for the last 2mins.
The start of the Souness revolution.
Winning titles there in 1994 and 2010.
A Gazza masterclass in 1995.
.....and the helicopter changing direction.

I fucking loathe Easter Road.

Missed Helicopter Sunday due to holiday despite attending every single other fucking game that season.

And of course, the Ramsdens shambles.

My highlight is a Steven Hughes last minute winner in a shite season ffs.

Fu.ck Easter Road.

The 2002/2003 season. Love watching the Easter Road games on that First to 50 DVD.

There was a midweek game that season that Fergie put us 1-0 up in the 2nd half and the Gers fans behind the goal go mental when it goes in.

Same when Lovenkrands scores the winner in the 3-2 league cup game there that season.

Last time I went there was 2011 just before Christmas. Jelavic scored twice I think in the 2nd half. Kept us 4 points clear but we lost to St Mirren shortly after.

I bet you’re uncle got an earful for that mate? :))

Had some absolute crackers over the years. Don't think I ever seen us lose there.

This one last year the media willing us to drop points before beating them at the pig stay ensured it was a happy Christmas and that Aribo goal was top drawer

I bet you’re uncle got an earful for that mate? :))

Just a bit. Couple of years later he left me and my cousin outside the Clock Inn cambuslang. Left via another door and my Gran had to walk up from the circuit to pick us up as he had got a taxi back to EK :)

Kids of today don’t realise how easy they have got it. I would regularly have to go to games at Aberdeen and Dundee in the boot of my uncles mates estate motor. :))

Stein's header in 1975.
Evening game in Walter's 2nd stint, neck and neck with Timmy in the closing stages of the league and we pound the Hibs defense and eventually got an equalizer to help us win the title, a bit like being at an away match in the 70's with an amazing crowd experience.:D

1973 cup replay , gates closed minutes before kickoff with 49 thousand inside.
Unfortunately, I was outside .
Two years later Colin Stein scoring with over 30 thousand bears going crazy to win the league.

There was a game where we were decimated by illness, game had to be played. We still won, around time of Eric Bo Anderson ?

Some great memories mentioned already.

A few others

John Macdonald’s “dive”. Poor guy got pilloried for it for weeks afterwards. It was at the Hibs end, couldn’t see it properly from the Gers end. When you think what goes on nowadays it was mild stuff.

Another time, the Gers and Hibs fans were baying at each other from either side of a rickety old wire fence. Then the fence somehow collapsed and the two sets of supporters could get at each other. Or rather, shyted out of it and nothing happened. Both set s were relieved I think when the polis waded in.

And perhaps the coldest match I’ve ever been at, in a snowstorm maybe late 70s. We were on the train back, and we got talking to some English guy who was trying to get round all the English and Scottish grounds. Asked him why he did it, and he responded “F*ck knows”. Good answer.

a game mid 80's when it was terracing.
the hibs casual mob at the fence separating rangers end from side terracing giving it big "come on"
the bears booted the padlocked gates down and chased them to %^*&.

a game mid 80's when it was terracing.
the hibs casual mob at the fence separating Rangers end from side terracing giving it big "come on"
the bears booted the padlocked gates down and chased them to %^*&.

Was a game late 90s they emerged from a pub across the road from a pub full of Rangers fans and got blootered all over the place aswell.

A few doings in the Dryborough and League Cups early in the season in the early 70's. A cup replay with the gates shut before ko, 49,000 inside and thousands more locked out, another doing for us but we got the result thanks to big Gas Meter and a double from wee Tommy.
1975 and Colin Stein, with John Greig appearing for the last 2mins.
The start of the Souness revolution.
Winning titles there in 1994 and 2010.
A Gazza masterclass in 1995.
.....and the helicopter changing direction.
The McLean game was what floodlight atmosphere was all about.

Random game that I’ve never been able to find footage of since but 3-2 win. Whittaker scored when the Setanta picture went off, Velicka scored a belter and Edu bundled in from a corner

Obviously Helicopter Sunday Part 2 in 2005 but anyone remember the game there a week or 2 after Davie Cooper died in 1995?

Seats on the old terrace with the Yellow Ponchos being handed out as it started off as rain then turned into a full scale blizzard.

I'm sure Stuart McCall scored for us that day too. 1-1 or 1-0.

Back