Eating popcorn at the football??!!

After forcing down as many pints as I can before the game it's usually gaviscon I eat during it

A couple of skinny latte's and a tub of sweet popcorn.

Someone should have uppercut the cunt straight up through the bottom of that box.

Should have been ejected for even trying to purchase popcorn. Americanism even creeping into football now.

tenor.gif

They serve it at the football in Spain weird eating popcorn instead of a pie
I've watched people sitting at games in Spanish football building amazing looking sandwiches from scratch. Everything in their bag - the baguette, the meats and cheeses and the olive oil. Was certainly different. Even sitting eating just bags of seeds - wee piles of the shells everywhere. Popcorn is mental though. :D

Easier to eat than a McGhees pie at Ibrox

Welded to the carton and you end up bare hand eating the gravy

I remember folk on the RSC complaining when Ibrox first started selling Blue Nose Burgers. "It's the end of football as we know it"

I'm all for popcorn, or corn dogs, f*ck it, I want chicken wings at the game.

Did I see a sign for pizza back in tbe club deck the other week or was I imagining it? Sure it said gluten free pies as well. :eek:

Ibrox had popcorn on sale during the Rugby at the Commonwealth Games.

Went to a New York City game a couple of years and you could get anything you desired from popcorn and Ice Cream to a Jonny Rockets franchise and bottled Buds.

Did I see a sign for pizza back in tbe club deck the other week or was I imagining it? Sure it said gluten free pies as well. :eek:

Went to a New York City game a couple of years and you could get anything you desired from popcorn and Ice Cream to a Jonny Rockets franchise and bottled Buds.
The Dolphins stadium in Miami had a number of massive balconies containing various types of eateries; everything from ribs to sushi. And that was before their major renovation.

The above would seem wrong at a British stadium imo. I go to the NFL games in London regularly, and when the Giants V Redskins game was played at Twickenham I heard one punter moaning that (unlike Wembley), they didn't have Vietnamese street food! Make do with a pasty and pint you knob.

The North American's have the right idea, was at the Blue Jays game recently and they have a range of about 20-30 types of beer you can buy, Hotdogs, Nachos, Burgers, Pizza, Poutine, Ribs (and popcorn) were just some of the food options.

Granted it might take away from the "excellent" atmosphere at Ibrox these days.

The Dolphins stadium in Miami had a number of massive balconies containing various types of eateries; everything from ribs to sushi. And that was before their major renovation.

The above would seem wrong at a British stadium imo. I go to the NFL games in London regularly, and when the Giants V Redskins game was played at Twickenham I heard one punter moaning that (unlike Wembley), they didn't have Vietnamese street food! Make do with a pasty and pint you knob.

Haha. Vietnamese street food. Brilliant 1st world problem that.

Marlins Park has a "nightclub" run by a South Beach hotel, The Clevelandwr as well, which they operate as a hospitaliy experience on game days.

The North American's have the right idea, was at the Blue Jays game recently and they have a range of about 20-30 types of beer you can buy, Hotdogs, Nachos, Burgers, Pizza, Poutine, Ribs (and popcorn) were just some of the food options.

Had to google poutine, not sure if that would go down well in MSF.

I would rather my usual.. Chips, onions, tomato sauce, mayo & vinegar before entering the stadium.

And a wee bovril at half time. Can't beat it.

Haha. Vietnamese street food. Brilliant 1st world problem that.

Marlins Park has a "nightclub" run by a South Beach hotel, The Clevelandwr as well, which they operate as a hospitaliy experience on game days.

I think the nightclubs in stadiums are becoming more common, I'm sure the Cowboys have something called a 'party deck'. The Colorado State University now have a craft beer porch, which almost sounds more mental except when you consider how big Americans are on college sports.

I went to watch Valencia in february and they sold packets of sunflower seeds inside the ground, alongside non alcoholic beer... such a disappointment

To be honest anything to make the catering better at Ibrox is a bonus. If people don't want whats on offer they don't need to buy it. A bit more variety would be nice. Would be great if we could get a beer at the kiosk but I can't see that ever changing here.

I think the nightclubs in stadiums are becoming more common, I'm sure the Cowboys have something called a 'party deck'. The Colorado State University now have a craft beer porch, which almost sounds more mental except when you consider how big Americans are on college sports.
Miami FC in NASL have a craft beer stand too. Thats a University stadium they play in too.

To be honest anything to make the catering better at Ibrox is a bonus. If people don't want whats on offer they don't need to buy it. A bit more variety would be nice. Would be great if we could get a beer at the kiosk but I can't see that ever changing here.

Yeah I think the beer at the football thing is long gone for most punters in the UK. Which is a shame but the cops don't know how to police it and folk take it to the extreme.

As for food variety, they should do more stuff before and after the game, get people spending money on the club stuff rather than local chippys and kebab shops but most times they just want the fans in and then out again so they can shut up the stadium.

Yeah I think the beer at the football thing is long gone for most punters in the UK. Which is a shame but the cops don't know how to police it and folk take it to the extreme.

As for food variety, they should do more stuff before and after the game, get people spending money on the club stuff rather than local chippys and kebab shops but most times they just want the fans in and then out again so they can shut up the stadium.
Can get a pint in English stadiums. Stamford Bridge say alcohol might not be available at some fixtures (where there could potentially be trouble) but I've been to Champions League games and v Arsenal etc and they still had it on sale. Away end at the Etihad too.

Not cheap pints right enough.

Can get a pint in English stadiums. Stamford Bridge say alcohol might not be available at some fixtures (where there could potentially be trouble) but I've been to Champions League games and v Arsenal etc and they still had it on sale. Away end at the Etihad too.

Not cheap pints right enough.

Yeah sorry I meant in Scotland, forgot I've had some beers down South.

Still think we a missing a trick.

Yeah sorry I meant in Scotland, forgot I've had some beers down South.

Still think we a missing a trick.
Would probably be able to renegotiate the current deal we have too if beer became available, or if we took it back into the clubs hands would be a great source of revenue on a Sat afternoon. Think the profit margins are 1000 %

Used to get blue popcorn at Scotland games in the 90s if my memory serves me correctly.

Don't remember that. Right enough I only went to 3 Scotland games in the 90s and all 3 were at Ibrox.

Family stand with the school in the mid 90s at Hampden. Almost certain they sold it.

Scotland vs Sweden at Ibrox by any chance?

Family stand with the school in the mid 90s at Hampden. Almost certain they sold it.

Scotland vs Sweden at Ibrox by any chance?
Malta and Germany in 93 and Denmark in 98.

Also just remembered a game against Argentina at Hampden in 1990 with a certain Claudio Caniggia playing.

I wouldn't mind the idea of better snacks at football. Salty popcorn or pretzels would be fine. Would be out of place at lower league grounds though.

Back