Eddie Howe - Biggest fraud in football?

Those core players you mentioned , Ake fair enough , however...

Wilson - 3 million from Coventry City.

Brooks - signed from Sheffield Utd , was on loan at non league Halifax town the previous season.

Fraser - 400k signing from the sheep.

King - Free Transfer from Blackburn.

its hardly a core of experienced pros who you would expect to compete at the top end of the premier league.
It doesn't matter where you come from. All of them are quality premier league players and outside of Brooks have all been there for 3+ seasons. With that core they should be able to improve it year on year and shoot up the table. They should be doing similar to Wolves, instead they have gotten worse season on season because Howe has been a complete disaster in the transfer market for the majority of his big money signings. Their defence and keeper situation are still dreadful outside of Ake, their options in central midfield aren't very good either.

Surely these guys themselves must know they've surfed the good times in teams where you're basically shooting fish in a barrel. If I was a top manager, had done everything, won everything, and had dream money I could never spend, I would wonder if I could take a nothing team to be something, and if I did it, it would mean as much as the glory days with the glitterati.

Like Jose finishing 2nd with Man United

It doesn't matter where you come from. All of them are quality premier league players and outside of Brooks have all been there for 3+ seasons. With that core they should be able to improve it year on year and shoot up the table. They should be doing similar to Wolves, instead they have gotten worse season on season because Howe has been a complete disaster in the transfer market for the majority of his big money signings. Their defence and keeper situation are still dreadful outside of Ake, their options in central midfield aren't very good either.

I think it’s more the fact they have over-achieved in the past ,with the size of the club and squad they have they probably are now where many would expected them to have been the last few seasons , in a relegation battle. have to remember even new teams to the league like Vills are spending over 100 million, spending a bit of cash down there guarantees nothing.

I can think of bigger frauds in football than Eddie Howe. I think this is the 5th consecutive season Bournemouth have been in the English Premiership after guiding
Bournemouth from the foot of the fourth tier to the Premier league in seven years.

As a supporter of a club that actively interviewed, employed, then funded Pedro Caixinha.... I don't think we should be throwing stones in glass houses......

He’s a wet wipe and a loser. A lot of Tims seem to think he will be their next manager.

He’s the type that would reckon a draw away to Ross County is a great result.

He took Bournemouth from languishing in League 2 to the Premier League.

I’d say that’s why his reputation is so high.
Me,being an old Cherries fan from way back,watched every game I could
when they were on TV.Game after game they were struggling to put the ball in the net,and guess who was sitting on the bench unused game after game? Our own Jerome Defoe.Yeah a real genius is Howe.

Howe would never cope with the expectations, Hughes on the other hand would be a decent punt.
I actually think Hughes would be far more able to cope with the demands of the OF than Howe. He's a better Manager as well - and would give them the 'name' they are looking for. Wouldn't be surprised if they are considering him. Would he consider them though? Surely a job in the EPL for Hughes if he wants it.

Howe is good manager but haven’t seen enough to think he’d come up and boss it, even tho he’s an egotistical maniac Rodgers was a far superior hire

Eddie Howe is a wet wipe.

Just wait till they draw a game and the slabbering hordes implode he will be like WTF am i doing here.

Mark Hughes i hope gets it cant mind whos autobiography i read that said he has zero personality or connection on a personal level with players.

Reactions: TQ3
Eddie Howe is a wet wipe.

Just wait till they draw a game and the slabbering hordes implode he will be like WTF am i doing here.

Mark Hughes i hope gets it cant mind whos autobiography i read that said he has zero personality or connection on a personal level with players.
Barton possibly? Think he even offered him a square go

No matter what happens Bournemouth fans won’t want rid of him. He literally can do no wrong. There is no doubting he did a great job at the start but personally I dont think he is premiership level and if they make it back they need a change
Just woke up after a bad night sleep so I’ve maybe missed something but who do you mean?

Hughes is a cheque book manager and imho isn’t that great

Howe is a good manager but could he handle suddenly being in the limelight and his every move being scrutinised
What has Hughes actually done, I just have him as a failure who actually thinks he is good .
As for Howe, he's good when things are going well, as soon as it goes awry he breaks.
Either will do for me :))

Howe is a fucking shambles in the transfer market and a soggy wank rag of a guy.

Hughes is a total fucking dinosaur, although he would likely channel the spirit of wibble and reincarnate his hammer throwing stoke principles and turn the scum into an XI of dirty fucking bastards.

Really hope they spunk loads of money on either one of these and that it goes up in fucking smoke setting them back a decade.

I wouldn't want Howe in charge of them but Mark Hughes? Ha! That guy's an absolute dinosaur. All the charisma of Tony Mowbray and as much motivational skills to boot. A no mark. Sacked by his last three clubs.

Did very well at Blackburn Hughes, what got him the City job - little since. Were good to watch and follow in Europe, brilliant season 06/07.

Howe comes across as a wet blanket, and I think he'd get better offers down South anyway.

Hughes is a bloody awful manager. I'd be delighted if they gave it to him.

My father in law is a Celtic fan and has said Lennon will resign on Thursday and Howe will be coming in from what he's heard.
It’s a rumour they’ve bought after a fake Stephen McGowan account said it. The real journalist, Stephen McGowan then said it was fake news.

Hughes is a cheque book manager and imho isn’t that great

Howe is a good manager but could he handle suddenly being in the limelight and his every move being scrutinised
Howe is also poor when it comes to transfers also his teams are very soft his Bournemouth team especially in there last two seasons would of struggled at easter road and Livingstone where its physical and you need to dig in

It’s well documented that when he was at Burnley, he couldn’t wait to get back down south, and Burnley like Bournemouth, don’t have any great expectations. He can have the filth job for me.

It’s well documented that when he was at Burnley, he couldn’t wait to get back down south, and Burnley like Bournemouth, don’t have any great expectations. He can have the filth job for me.
not strictly true - the reason he left was because his mum died. He wanted to return south to be near family.

he is a total drip though but i'm not having anyone call him out on the way things ended at Burnley. Totally understandable. It's all in here

Back