Eddie Howe Leaving Bournemouth.

He did wel with a Championship team but buying players to turn them into Premiership players was his down fall

By all accounts he was a very good man manager of the players he brought up through the divisions with him and got them to over achieve but really struggled to get the best out of big money signings who just didn't take to his management style.

saw a video of him doing some coaching, was impressed by him - i think he will go onto bigger things

On paper he looks a great manager. In reality he is not, any manager that refuses to change and adapt is doomed to fail.

Think he did amazingly well to get them up and also stay there. I feel as though there are worse teams than them in league and surprised they ended up where they did.

However, I don’t think tactically he’s improved and they were easy to play against at times. Even when doing well, they still shipped plenty of goals and this season with them drying up a bit for Wilson they couldn’t get away with it. Losing Brooks to injury and Fraser’s contract situation never helped but they really needed to get a decent defender or 2. His approach reminds me a bit of Warburton, one way of playing and a bit soft.

One of the most overrated managers going. The manager equalvalent of a young English Premier league player who goes through a purple patch

A purple patch? Give me a break. The guy who took little Bournemouth from the brink of relegation out of the Football League - while starting the season on -17 points - all the way to the Premier League and staying there for 5 seasons, including a 9th place finish. Overrated indeed

Think oor Jermain will have a wee smile about that tonight.

Not exactly sure he was Howe's biggest fan:)
I listened to part of Defoe's interview on the Beautiful Game and I was very surprised to hear that Howe never spoke to him all the time he was at Bournemouth.

they spent heavy in the championship as well before promotion iirc.Or heavily for a club of their size and fan base.There is a Russian mega money man behind them I believe so it sort of makes the 'did it on a shoe string'story a bit redundant.
I like him and have no problems with Bournemouth.Must be crippling him though.think I heard today he spent 25 years around that club one way or another
No issue in giving the guy credit for keeping a club like Bournemouth in the PL for 5 years or even getting them there in the first place but to say he had limited resources or a shoestring budget is nonsense.

They signed our own Jermaine Defoe at 34 on a 3 year contract worth the guts of 80k a week

Reactions: jtc
Their net spend will be reflected in the fact they had no one worth selling for big money.

Very hard to survive more than a season in the EPL without spending big.

Backs up how good a job Dyche has done.

He made some good signings too.

Ake
Brooks
Lerma
Wilson
King
Billing
Fraser

They are a League 1 level club and will probably end up back there in a few seasons.
100% small ground small fan base unless they bounced back next season they probably never be back in the EPL.

I like him think he's a very honest manager who always trys to set up a side to play football hope he gets a decent job.

Might be wrong but I'm not convinced he'll ever do much more of note in management. Some people are just suited to certain clubs, like Alan Curbishley at Charlton or Tony Pulis at Stoke.

Nothing against him or Bournemouth but I was glad to see them go down, bankrolled by a wealthy Russian to reach the Prem and then lived off the Sky money. A League One/Lower end of Championship club at best. Rangers are 20 times the size of Bournemouth and it always frustrated me seeing them throwing around £20m+ on players when we could never dream of that

When he took over at Bournemouth first time round at age 31 they were 2nd bottom of League 2 thirteen points from safety more than half way through the season.

He kept them up then got them promoted to League 1 the following season.

After returning from Burnley he led them to the EPL where they have spent 5 seasons including a top half finish.

They are a small club with a stadium that holds 12,000.

He has done an incredible job with them yet some think 2 or 3 bad signings make him a bad manager.

Could see them trying for Gerrard. Don’t think he’d go though

Gerrard is a smart man and will only leave for the right job and only once he’s done a proper job up here.

He’ll be smart enough to see that Bournemouth are now a team certain for a massively decline.They will probably do a Portsmouth/Bolton/Blackpool and end back in League 1 soon enough.

The Bournemouth job will not be overly sought after.

He's done a cracking job with them, in my opinion, keeping them in the top tier as long as they did. I can see them slipping back down the leagues to their natural position now.

Can see him biding his time to see if a position at a top half team comes up.

A man involved in football and a club who genuinely cares.

They almost ended up in League Two. He came in at 31, made them a Premiership club through hard work, desire, passion and ability.

Fantastic. Seems a good guy does Eddie Howe. A talented manager too. Won't be out of work for long.

Crystal Palace should bin Roy Hodgson and approach Eddie Howe. Hodgson is finished.

Bournemouth are supposedly in a terrible way financially. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them slide down the leagues.

He did a good job bringing them up the leagues eventually into the premier league and getting them to 9th one season but i don't think he's a particularly good manager. He cannot organise a defence and he's extremely poor at picking out players in the market. You look at their best 11 and about half of them have been at the club when they were still in the lower leagues, that's horrible when you've spunked away roughly 250 million and only made 1 sale of a first team regular in that time. Howe will likely get a decent gig next as he still has a reputation but i can easily see him being a manager who just hangs around the championship in the future, maybe finding his way back to the prem but the talk of him being the next great english manager was always rather silly.

Will end up at West Ham after Moyes gets boot after poor start to season, you heard it here first :)

He’ll end up at Bristol City.

I thought they appointed Chris Hughton. Talksport said that a week ago when I had it on briefly. Just seen they haven’t. More likely they would get Paul Cook. Howe is too good for them.

This is a guy I would have loved to have seen at Ibrox, although, one he’s on mega wages, and I believe at times he can be aloof.

Bournemouth spent fortunes to get where there are. Poster boy for all that’s wrong with English football, spunking millions on bang average players

I like Howe. I was hoping we’d have gone for him when we went for Warburton.

Done well with limited resources there. Will be interesting to see how his career goes now.
I like him , but He’s spent nearly 170 million in the last three season , Hardly limited resources.

I like him , but He’s spent nearly 170 million in the last three season , Hardly limited resources.

Relative to where he started from and relative to what many teams in the EPL are spending I still think it's modest resources, and he's done well in both getting them there and then keeping them there for as long as he did.

Relative to where he started from and relative to what many teams in the EPL are spending I still think it's modest resources, and he's done well in both getting them there and then keeping them there for as long as he did.
No doubt about it he’s done a great job. Probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves he should have been in the frame for the arsenal job imo but never gets mentioned for the big clubs.

It doesn't matter who you are or how good you are, you can outstay your welcome at a club and sometimes clubs just need fresh ideas. It will be the same for Kloop and Liverpool one day.

Howe has worked wonders there but in the end he paid the price for not changing or tweaking his footballing philosophy along with some really poor buys in the market. But he will get a good job somewhere else and I think he's a great young manager.

For the England job? :rolleyes:

Southgate has been brilliant for them. World Cup and Nations League semi finalists, beating teams like Spain and Croatia along the way, and even Sweden who they had a rotten record against and also being on the right side of a penalty shoot out... You can't argue with the job he's doing there. And now they can add the likes of Alexander-Arnold, Foden and Sancho into the mix too. We will see them in more semi's and finals in the years to come I'm pretty sure.

A man involved in football and a club who genuinely cares.

They almost ended up in League Two. He came in at 31, made them a Premiership club through hard work, desire, passion and ability.

Fantastic. Seems a good guy does Eddie Howe. A talented manager too. Won't be out of work for long.

Crystal Palace should bin Roy Hodgson and approach Eddie Howe. Hodgson is finished.
They gave De Boer about 5 games before dumping him though

He reminds me of the guy from ‘striker’ in the sun newspaper (don’t know if it’s still around haven’t read that paper In years , honest!)

Back