Eddie Howe mic'd up during training

Their ball work was at walking pace compared to ours but it looks like their first day tbf

Eddie Howe I admire very much and think he could be an outstanding manager.

He needs to leave Bournemouth. The size of club they are eventually they will have one poor season and be relegated. If he is still there at that point then it will be a blot on his CV. He has taken them far enough and deserves a bigger gig. Bournemouth have peaked under him and it would be a good time to make the step up.

He needs to leave Bournemouth. The size of club they are eventually they will have one poor season and be relegated. If he is still there at that point then it will be a blot on his CV. He has taken them far enough and deserves a bigger gig. Bournemouth have peaked under him and it would be a good time to make the step up.
They said the same about Curbishley and look how that ended for both parties.

Sometimes it’s better to stay together.

He tried Burnley and was homesick,8 years on it would be interesting if a bigger club came calling?

I thought he would been a great fit for Man Utd and would have brought a British ethos back to the club

This will be his hardest season I feel. He has done a great job for Bournemouth up til now, but I think this season will be a struggle. They haven't really made any "first team" signings just a couple of ( typical Howe) younger players who he will try and improve. Keeping hold of Brooks and Ake and getting " Wee Man" to sign a new contract would be great for them but, if they get injuries ( like last season ), they haven't got the quality in depth.

This will be his hardest season I feel. He has done a great job for Bournemouth up til now, but I think this season will be a struggle. They haven't really made any "first team" signings just a couple of ( typical Howe) younger players who he will try and improve. Keeping hold of Brooks and Ake and getting " Wee Man" to sign a new contract would be great for them but, if they get injuries ( like last season ), they haven't got the quality in depth.

That's what I fear for him. He has done a great job, but relegation is a possibility just due to the finances and the size of the club, no real shame in that. However, if he was to get relegated that's a blot on his CV and may put clubs off.

He deserves a bigger job, with all respect to Bournemouth.

I reckon Spurs could take a punt on him if Poch moves on sometime soon. Howe is hitting his glass ceiling though, very difficult to make that next step domestically.

I reckon Spurs could take a punt on him if Poch moves on sometime soon. Howe is hitting his glass ceiling though, very difficult to make that next step domestically.

Would be a great appointment for Spurs, especially if they can't spend a lot of cash on transfers due to the stadium.

That's what I fear for him. He has done a great job, but relegation is a possibility just due to the finances and the size of the club, no real shame in that. However, if he was to get relegated that's a blot on his CV and may put clubs off.

He deserves a bigger job, with all respect to Bournemouth.

I think there are personal/family reasons for him staying where he is.

He’s the guy I wanted us to try to take a punt on when we went for Warburton. Obviously the financial aspect was probably the limiting factor. Would still like to see him at Ibrox one day though.
Agree with this. I’ve always rated him. He’s a manager that needs to be at a bigger club imo.

I think the excitement would've finished Ill Phil off if we turned up to pre-season on bikes :))

Thats fair enough then. I knew he had a hard time at Burnley so that may be the reason he doesn't want to move. Do you think Southampton would be a bigger job?
His mother died and he wanted to move back closer to his family. I think a London club ( West Ham?) would be his likely next destination, but every time the Saints job comes up there is always a chance he would go there. However, at Bournemouth he is in complete control of all things football and he can ride a run of bad results. It depends on his ambition I suppose.

Thats fair enough then. I knew he had a hard time at Burnley so that may be the reason he doesn't want to move. Do you think Southampton would be a bigger job?

Yes, probably. I can’t pretend to know much about the rivalries down there but if those 2 clubs are genuine rivals then Howe doesn’t strike me as the type that would ‘do that’ to Bournemouth.

Sometimes managers are just the right fit for certain clubs and for whatever reason aren’t as successful elsewhere.

This could be the case with Howe, he can almost walk on water down there. A bit like John Lambie at Thistle. Curbishley at Charlton, even big Sam at Bolton.

As stated above ( post 3), Wee Man is Ryan Fraser. On a side note he is entering his last year of his contract, maybe he wants to sign for the Famous on a free? That would have the sheep fans peed off at him even more as they wouldn't get their sell on.

He’s top drawer. Saw him in the flesh last year against Everton and he was by a mile the best player on the pitch. Easily a top 4 EPL player

As stated above ( post 3), Wee Man is Ryan Fraser. On a side note he is entering his last year of his contract, maybe he wants to sign for the Famous on a free? That would have the sheep fans peed off at him even more as they wouldn't get their sell on.

He also has the same neck as James Forrest which makes me suspicious of his leanings.

Yes, probably. I can’t pretend to know much about the rivalries down there but if those 2 clubs are genuine rivals then Howe doesn’t strike me as the type that would ‘do that’ to Bournemouth.

Think there is a bit of rivalry with the clubs being in close proximity but it’s not on the same scale as Southampton - Portsmouth.

Bit of an exaggeration mate. A good player no doubt, but he’s getting nowhere near a matchday squad for Liverpool or Man City Snd with respect if the likes of Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea were to sign guys like him, they’d get no closer to the top two.,

Bit of an exaggeration mate. A good player no doubt, but he’s getting nowhere near a matchday squad for Liverpool or Man City Snd with respect if the likes of Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea were to sign guys like him, they’d get no closer to the top two.,
I must have misjudged other posts on here, as I thought Rangers were The Famous. ( yes it was a tongue in cheek/wishful thinking post )

I must have misjudged other posts on here, as I thought Rangers were The Famous. ( yes it was a tongue in cheek/wishful thinking post )

Haha It took me quite a few reads of this to work out wtf you are going on about mate. I’ve now realised it’s me that’s quoted the wrong person haven’t I? :D

Back