Eddie Howe

It would take a result akin to the 4-0 defeat to St Mirren that sacked Mowbray or the defeat to ICT for Barnes before Lennon will be sacked.

He will limp on for the the time being, which is probably the best result for us

Appointing a “project manager” (being very kind here) mid season who doesn’t know the league would be superb for us.

Would be an upgrade on Lennon as he would re-introduce video analysis and nutrition / diet controls (bye bye Leigh).

Alex Neil probably a better appointment in terms of knowing the Scottish game.

It seems that the bold Eddie is this seasons Brendan Rodgers with the bookies making him favourite for the scum job.

The guy got homesick working in Burnley and wanted to return south so I can’t see him coming to Scotland.
Dont know if covered already on the thread, but he didn't get homesick. His mother died and he returned south.

He would either be a massive successful or a complete flop, I don’t think their would be any middle ground

I think they’ll change manager before they play Hearts.

they’ll let Lennon take the heat in Milan and the remaining dead rubber. New manager gets Hearts and a season defining OF game at Ibrox.

Not bothered about who they bring in, we’re a proper side and adding real quality every window. If we keep going on the same trajectory their situation will become more and more irrelevant and after almost 10 years of pish I’m buzzing about it.

Would be an upgrade on Lennon as he would re-introduce video analysis and nutrition / diet controls (bye bye Leigh).

Alex Neil probably a better appointment in terms of knowing the Scottish game.

They don’t do video analysis etc already?

Surely not.

I don’t see how they would finance it, he was on big wages so they are probably looking at 50k p\w, he would also be looking for significant transfer funds

Was on £4 million a year at Bournemouth, don't see him accepting a new job for less than that. Plus he knows there will be jobs in the EPL soon once the clubs in the relegation zone start panicking. No chance he's going to them. It'll be another manager from the poundland shelf.

Who honestly would touch that job right now?

If they can turn on Lennon so badly imagine what would happen to and outsider?

Now let me think. Sandbanks with Ruskies behind me or The Gallowgate with fk knows who is behind me ?

I don't think they'll go for Howe if they do sack Lennon, but I reckon he'd improve them.

He's nowhere near as good as Rodgers, but we were mostly confident Rodgers wouldn't handle it up here. Howe is good at getting his teams to work hard, which is where they're lacking right now. I'd much prefer they went for someone like O'Neill who is way past it.

It wouldn’t concern me if they appointed him. Feel like our management and coaching team is light years ahead, even with Howe it would take some time to get up to speed and they’ve still got the same players. He’d be trying to get a tune out and old violin, which won’t be sustainable.

Their investment last 2 windows has been largely poor. All costs money. I’m not convinced they’ve got money to burn.

I was listening to a podcast, I think it was Open Goal, and they were speaking about Howe. Apparently Defoe isn't a big fan of his, didn't speak very highly of him.
An ex player, cant remember who, picked him apart on talksport when he was nearing the end of his Bournemouth tenure. He reckoned that Howe couldn't handle big name players or players transferred in from big clubs. Gave JD, Jordan Ibe and a few others as examples. Couldn't get a game out of any of them. Makes sense when you think about it now.

I think they’ll change manager before they play Hearts.

they’ll let Lennon take the heat in Milan and the remaining dead rubber. New manager gets Hearts and a season defining OF game at Ibrox.
Lawwell isn’t that stupid. He wouldn’t have a new manager take a potential hit early doors. They’ll only change when it’s gone well and truly.

Id expect John Kennedy as caretaker is the first port of call option

He wouldn't know what had hit him at the piggery.

No previous knowledge of Scottish football and joining halfway through a season of this magnitude?

If they appoint him, just hand us the title now.
Eddie ain’t daft.

Would the Derby job be of greater interest? Having said that he might not fancy having Steve McLaren above him.

I actually think Howe might get it, his time is coming to an end at Bournemouth and he knows it, make the bheasts court him, get the pay day then a way out of his present club.

A new challenge being promised millions, when in fact he’ll get liewell, a club on the way down, court cases galore and a poisonous atmosphere

I actually think Howe might get it, his time is coming to an end at Bournemouth and he knows it, make the bheasts court him, get the pay day then a way out of his present club.

A new challenge being promised millions, when in fact he’ll get liewell, a club on the way down, court cases galore and a poisonous atmosphere

Howe left Bournemouth at the end of last season mate. He's currently unemployed.

Can’t see him taking over mid season when they are trailing. He will want to bring his own players and have a full pre season , if Lennon goes my money would be on an interim gaffer and then Howe next summer.

They won't be able to buy their way out of that mess. They have no money and Edouards inflated transfer fee is shrinking every week. Lenny will stay. He will win on Sunday, get beat on Thursday and win his home league games. He will win against Hertz and all will be well again with Timmy.
Yep, I can see them winning their next 5 league games before they come to us, which will leave a Lennon in charge. He will get punted after we gub them, and it’s Strachan or Malky to see the season out.

I can see them winning all there domestic games up until us at new year. They’ve got a relatively straightforward schedule with most games being at home.

If we continue winning up until 2nd January and beat them he’s gone. Tough game ahead for us though so 1 game at a time.

Howe might do a job of rebuilding from the ground up, but I don’t see him as the type of manager who can turn a team’s season around.

If Lennon goes and someone takes over then I suspect it will only happen when there is some acceptance that the league is lost.
Unless they can find either a person who has a hide made of leather and a neck made of brass or else someone who has the sort of ego that believes he can turn water into wine.

Who would want to risk taking over at the moment when they are behind Rangers and the side looks like it may take a bit of time to pull them back into line by which time it may be too late?
That would then encumber the incoming manager with the burden of being the man who fckd up ten in a row.
Who would want to inherit this historical/reputational encumbrance, unless the financials were such that you would take this nonsense on the chin as the financial trade-off would be worth it?

They’ve shot themselves in the foot with all the protests and Lennon out banners. Can’t see any potential manager wanting all that grief if things don’t go well

They could do a lot worse than Eddie Howe, if, when, Lennon goes. He's a good manager. Whether he or someone like Marco Silva are within their budget is another thing. I don't rate Silva at all.

I remember FF labelling Brendan Rodgers a dud.

A Clarke, di Canio, Strachan, Kennedy, Ross type appointment won't happen, IMO. I just don't see them going that low.

Back