Eddie Howe

Scratcho2021

What do we think Bears, will he be in position for our cup game against them? Personally, I hope so and I hope we thrash them so they then have that hope of a new manager bounce taken away from them and have to sweat it out over the summer.. in SG we trust.

IF & it’s still a bug IF he signs up for the Tramps there is no way he will put himself under immediate pressure by getting pumped out the cup by the Bears.

He must be off his head even considering joining the manks as they are a basket case & unlike Rodgers he won’t be facing a Rangers team that is a basket case so he clearly runs the risk of career suicide.

Worked out well for Pedro...

I can see the positives of it in a certain respect but given Celtic will need a complete squad overhaul in the summer, I think the potential negatives would outweigh the positives. If he comes in loses both OF and drops points in other games, he'd be a few dropped points next season from being under pressure.

It Doesn't seem worth the potential risk, when realistically you only have Turnbull, McGregor and Forrest being first team quality players left next season.

If it was us. I'd want him to sign up and instead of taking over, come in and observe the squad and training to see the quality of the players and what is needed for next season.

He has no idea the pressure he will be under, and he hasn’t had any real pressure as a coach, even when the got relegated he had to resign. He had it cushy at Bournemouth, he won’t get long to feel the heat. It will be Eddie Howe to Eddie Why!

Don’t think he’ll be in place but could be in attendance until end of season to assess squad. New rugby guy will be there first I reckon to assess finances etc and then can tell new manager the facts of life.

Any new manager will know the finances prior to agreeing a deal
Fair enough , however, as CEO you have other financial considerations which may or may not affect other aspects of the club which could impact the manager in day to day operational ways such as r&r trips to Dubai :)

Worked out well for Pedro...

I can see the positives of it in a certain respect but given Celtic will need a complete squad overhaul in the summer, I think the potential negatives would outweigh the positives. If he comes in loses both OF and drops points in other games, he'd be a few dropped points next season from being under pressure.

It Doesn't seem worth the potential risk, when realistically you only have Turnbull, McGregor and Forrest being first team quality players left next season.

If it was us. I'd want him to sign up and instead of taking over, come in and observe the squad and training to see the quality of the players and what is needed for next season.
Problem they'll be facing is the rolling contract they operate.....everybody knows it gonna take longer than a year to sort that shower of shite out.

I'd be surprised if he took over that $hitshow at the moment, he'd probably be gone by the summer. If he's got any sense (which I'm beginning to doubt) he'll wait until the end of the season, then he can strategically plan how he's going to spend the billions of £ that he has no doubt been promised lol

There are very few appointments they could make that would induce any level of fear.

Eddie Howe is not in that bracket.

Howe won't come near until our double header is done. I suspect his decision on when to jump on board will be based on them somehow remaining in the cup at our expense. It would give him a quick trophy and allow him to ' bank' a free pass on next years league with the mhanky hoardes.

If we don't knock them out...they will win the Scottish cup.

I'm not one for kidding on I know spanish but I think I'm close to 100% sure that eddie Howe doesn't translate to rafa Benitez

I remember half of FF saying that Rodgers would be a dud. Most of us were licking our lips at the prospect of Moyes going to them, look at the job he is doing now. I don't really have a clue how Howe will get on. None of us do.

All I know is that we literally couldn't have a better bunch in charge of us.

That article is a little less optimistic than the shite they've normally been sending out.
If they identified a DoF (Harkin) then change their mind it’s not a good look to go back a year later with their tail between their legs if Howe and his own guy doesn’t work out. They clearly had a plan for a structure of their own people. Tearing that up because they desperately want Howe could be the start of shaky foundations being laid.

We are on a roll under an improving manager and coaching team, Howe will be a square peg in a round hole at the rancid, corrupt club. Bring it on.

They have built this guy up into some sort of saviour.

I would really laugh if this fell through

I thought Tories were not welcome. Desmond does indeed love to treat the hordes like shyte. Hopefully Howe also breaks their 1 year rolling contract position and asks for a long one on 3m per year. They need to sign about 18 players and Howe wants to get out his bed at some point in July. Interesting to see how this pans out. Is he home sick already?

Back