Eddie Howe

Howe 1/8 Kennedy 11/1

That’s the odds on who starts next season in charge with Betfair.

I wish they would just announce he had got the job. Sick of hearing about the lady's front bottom already.

Dont come on here and make me sick of hearing it.

It’s because he’s likely to see out 10 games in which case, they pay out. I have 1 tenner on at 6/1
Yeah you and me both.

Need him to finish the season and take charge of 2 Cup games. If they'd sacked Lennon when they should have, we'd be millionaires by now.

Well £70-aires anyway.

Let’s not be arrogant like they were at the start of this season, he’s a good coach and will improve them and it’s silly to dismiss it as otherwise

Let’s not be arrogant like they were at the start of this season, he’s a good coach and will improve them and it’s silly to dismiss it as otherwise

Said the same earlier.

That lot done it with Gerrard and ended up looking like complete tits. If he gets the players he wants in, then were looking at a challenge.

That would be very Celtic 20/21 build up Howe, then announce Kennedy. They haven’t given me a laugh in a couple of weeks. This needs to happen.
That's actually a step up from offering Lennon the job in the showers

It;s all part of the big game that they are playing.

Howe isn't the big name that their supporters wanted or expected. So, they primed the mhedia 2 weeks ago with stories that Roy Keane was the favourite, knowing full well that none of their fans wanted Keane. After a week of 'Keane favourite to be next Celtc Manager', they got the mhedia to change the story to 'Eddie Howe now favourite to be next Celtc Manager'.

Knowing that Howe is an upgrade on Keane, by doing this, they got more of their gullible fans onside to Howe's appointment.

It will now be strung out for another week or two (probably till just before the OF game), making the gullible think how lucky they will be if they get Howe.

Once they are satisfied that the gullible hordes have moved from "Howe isn't good enough, we deserve better" to "Wow, we're lucky to be getting Eddie Howe, it was nearly Roy Keane" then their work is done.

Howe will then be announced with a vaguely worded statement saying that he will be given money to rebuild for next season and the more backing the gullible hordes give them, the more he will have to spend.

This will quickly be followed by Season Tickets going on sale.
Classic manipulation of the masses which is employed by the powerful at all times. Without going into details look at what governments worldwide have gotten away with in the past year in the name of protecting us whilst stripping us of basic human freedoms.

I don’t think how will be in place until at least after our cup tie with them. They don’t want the negativity that would surround a cup exit to Rangers.

The consensus of the scum hordes seems to be that he shouldn't start until the end of this season as he would get the blame when we pump them twice at Ibrox. They are not as stupid as they look.

This season would be a free hit for him and give him some valuable time to assess what he’s got to work with.
People say that, but first impressions matter and ultimately if he failed to improve them (difficult I know) then many would have him written off already.

I’ve never been overly keen with managers taking over at this point, by all means go to training and watch the games but actually taking charge is a huge risk IMO.

I felt it was incredibly daft Pedro done it, you are associating yourself with a disaster of a season.

He won’t want that, but if he has any confidence in himself, he would want to come in and win the Cup.
No matter the odds, I always have hope that we are going to win, I assume all football players, managers and fans are the same?

He’d look like an absolute coward if he ducked out of trying to win the Scottish Cup. It’s not as if he’s busy at the moment with other work.

Thats one thing going against him... his lack of other commitments.

He’d be an idiot to take the job on now.

A stuttering start and two losses to us and he already will have some of their support wanting him out.

First impressions count in football. Taking over a demoralised and failed squad 90% through the season would be a stupid move.

I can still see Steamy Clarke turning up there after the Euros, but announced before it, maybe they will string the hoardes along until the STs are done, and then say Eddie has a problem at home, he won’t be here in time, we have acted swiftly to get an international manager!

Catch 22 really if he comes in early he'll have a better assessment of the squad and who's needing replaced and things like that but taking over early and not having a good start could see the pressure pile on early

I don’t think how will be in place until at least after our cup tie with them. They don’t want the negativity that would surround a cup exit to Rangers.
If it was me I would want to show what I had and come in right away and try to win. Management is such a short stint at most places anyway why not take the gamble?
Of course I hope he does come and we win but anyone who has confidence in themselves would want to get stuck in now.

I have a feeling he’s gona patch them, which would be hilarious tbh
A while stadium at Ibrox singing “Eddie Howe Eddie Howe na na na na na na...Eddie Eddie Howe” whilst doing the dance off the video would be trolling of the highest quality!

I don't think they're high on his list and will be desperate to land an EPL job. If it was Davie Moyes I'd be more concerned as he's a good Manager,but once he sees the manky Green brigade at their worse I think he'll regret it. Surprised a Sheffield It's or that I'll didn't go for him.

Come in now on a big bucks deal, get pumped twice at lbrox, fail to adequately replace the 10 players likely to leave in the summer, get properly humiliated at Ibrox in the first Old Firm game of next season and chased out the door with a heavy severance package before Christmas.

Back on the south coast with your feet up and an extra couple of million in the bank for 6/7 months work - good work if you can get it :D

He won’t want that, but if he has any confidence in himself, he would want to come in and win the Cup.
No matter the odds, I always have hope that we are going to win, I assume all football players, managers and fans are the same?

Sometimes you should play the longer game to enhance your chances of winning, septic are shite he should off for another 5 or 6 years and then have a look.

He’d be an idiot to take the job on now.

A stuttering start and two losses to us and he already will have some of their support wanting him out.

First impressions count in football. Taking over a demoralised and failed squad 90% through the season would be a stupid move.
And then on that basis, telling their board how much money he’s going to need to improve them would make for a rather difficult start to his tenure. But presumably he’s given then some idea of his cash requirements already, and maybe that’s what’s causing the delay.

Still think it will be Clarke eventually.

And then on that basis, telling their board how much money he’s going to need to improve them would make for a rather difficult start to his tenure. But presumably he’s given then some idea of his cash requirements already, and maybe that’s what’s causing the delay.

Still think it will be Clarke eventually.
The delay is because he wants to bring his own DOF, Celtic want him to work under this Harkin fella from Man City.

I think.

Back