Eddie Howe

It defeats the purpose of going down the DoF route if it’s the incoming manager that brings one in one with him imo.

I thought whole idea was about structure but more importantly continuity.

Still wouldn’t be surprised if those beasts cave in to his demands out of sheer desperation now. Couldn’t care either way if they get him, but this is excellent that he’s messing them about. Now if he takes it he’ll be under even more pressure!

Maybe he told them he doesn't believe they have the best squad in the country and asked for more cash.

This is another hokey cokey episode for them, howe is one foot in one foot out. I think he is playing them like a fiddle.

Manager wants to appoint his own director of football. How does that work when the manager eventually moves on - the DOF leaves too?

Then there is a whole rebuild of the football structure, again.

Lol.

He must have dodgy pictures of someone there. If they rate him so highly why not give him the job?

Utterly bizarre to be so desperate to keep a Coaching Assistant through so many managers, especially when hes never done anything particularly outstanding.

Its no surprise they have used the hack media to suggest Howe is desperate to take the job, minus a few small details (like actually wanting to take the job).

Big John Knows

The release from Howe is hilarious as his signing was apparently imminent. Yet more egg on their faces, even if he does eventually sign.

That’s it they’ll be wanting to try and steal the headlines win we officially lift the trophy and if we win the Scottish cup tie.

He will not sign until either of them but will defo be their manager IMO.

If it was a PR rouse Howe wouldn't be telling his representatives to tell the media he was keeping his options open, that gets him off to a bad start with the monobrows straight away.

If it was a PR rouse Howe wouldn't be telling his representatives to tell the media he was keeping his options open, that gets him off to a bad start with the monobrows straight away.

I think the opposite it’ll be ‘Eddie could not resist Celts etc’.

All the Daily Record and The Scottish Sun do is hedge their bets and they went full on with this one. I suspect it’s backtracking from them in him wanting his choice of Director of Football and more made up nonsense.

The Record and the Sun is as much use for getting information from as a chocolate fireplace.

Wanting his own director of football? That’s the equivalent of me getting offered a new job and only taking it on the basis that they hire my pal as my boss!
I don't think the Sun or Daily Record actually understand what a DoF is. They probably still think it's an experienced general manager that comes in to help an inexperienced manager.

Eddie Howe - "The job might be of interest but Id need a few absolute guarantees before I can commit. Firstly I want to bring my own coaching people that I trust, that is very important. Secondly Id need assurances of the available budget as I have assessed the squad and believe a number of players would need to be acquired. At this stage Id say a ballpark of £X for X players."

Celtic Recruitment Team - "We fully understand the importance of trust thats why youll have Big John Kennedy there to bounce ideas off. He knows the club and is very brave. As far as players go Leigh Griffiths is nearly fit and firing, when he is hes arguably the best striker in Scotland. Wee Callum McGregor is good at appearing in front of the cameras and taking bullets. Plus we've got 3 goalies all about the same standard so lots to choose from there. We'll sort a few loans out to cover the rest of the squad gaps. So can we tell the Scottish Media its a go?"

Eddie Howe - ...

Said it before, but imagine any interview with someone like Howe just now.

He will go into a meeting to find out key aspects of the job, like objectives, budget, wages etc...

Right off he will be told that he cant use the term old firm or say Rangers in a press conference or the fans will be all over him.

That has to be an eye opener of massive proportions to any manager from England.

there seems to be a slight swing in posts on kerrydale, now he isn't being lorded as he was this time yesterday. Brilliant.

I’ve thought for a while this would end up falling through. They could easily push the boat out and pay someone like Howe a big wage to sell season tickets.

Where it falls down is Howe will be looking for concrete assurances that he will be backed heavily in the transfer market over the next few years. They probably need 10+ first team players including a complete new defence and keeper so the rebuild is huge.

The only way they can fund it is selling key players which makes the rebuild even bigger

The only way Celtic don't appoint a Kennedy or a Clarke is if rich uncle Des gets his wallet out and gets serious.

The stars aligned perfectly for them with Rodgers but it won't happen again.

Daily Record

£5m for Ntcham
£20m minimum for Ajer
£25m minimum for Edouard
£8m for Christie

Hahaha
Half that for them and that's pretty much there wack will be lucky if anyone will Touch Ntcham right now other than a loan deal

Daily Record

£5m for Ntcham
£20m minimum for Ajer
£25m minimum for Edouard
£8m for Christie

Hahaha
Ajer and Eduard are both only contracted until 2022 and are not signing extensions. They will have to take what they can in the summer and it won’t be anywhere near that.

No team could possibly have watched Christie this season and decided they will bid real money for him

Daily Record

£5m for Ntcham
£20m minimum for Ajer
£25m minimum for Edouard
£8m for Christie

Hahaha

Even during our 9 in a row back in the 90's the tabloids always had Celtc's team as worth more money than Rangers. lol
Shoo Keevins had the Collins / McStay midfield as the " best in Britain ".

What do we think Bears, will he be in position for our cup game against them? Personally, I hope so and I hope we thrash them so they then have that hope of a new manager bounce taken away from them and have to sweat it out over the summer.. in SG we trust.
Whatever happens I'm not worried. They should be worried about us !

He must have dodgy pictures of someone there. If they rate him so highly why not give him the job?

Utterly bizarre to be so desperate to keep a Coaching Assistant through so many managers, especially when hes never done anything particularly outstanding.

Its no surprise they have used the hack media to suggest Howe is desperate to take the job, minus a few small details (like actually wanting to take the job).
Apparently he’s the boards mole in the dressing room. A grass

Back