Eddie Howe

The only way Celtic don't appoint a Kennedy or a Clarke is if rich uncle Des gets his wallet out and gets serious.

The stars aligned perfectly for them with Rodgers but it won't happen again.
The only way they appoint Kennedy imo is if they win all remaining games and the Scottish cup, which would mean two wins versus the champions, that's not going to happen so fingers crossed its Clarke. :)) :shh: B-D

Haven't listened to SSB this week, but old Shoo was fairly adamant late last week that Howe would be announced on Tuesday once the Stock Exchange reopened after the Easter break and that was the only reason there was no announcement about the "done deal".

Typical MSM in Scotland.... jumping on the first thing they hear or want to believe to be the truth. Although not quite the same as the summer of 1989 when they paraded a new signing prior to him actually signing, it is starting to feel somewhat similar.

My guess is that a few media placemen were given strong indications he was close to a deal and ran with it. Meanwhile, the bold Eddie is using this apparent Celtic link to flush out potential suitors in the EPL to see if their interest is real..... most notably Crystal Palace and maybe Newcastle.

Altogether glorious.

Haven't listened to SSB this week, but old Shoo was fairly adamant late last week that Howe would be announced on Tuesday once the Stock Exchange reopened after the Easter break and that was the only reason there was no announcement about the "done deal".

Typical MSM in Scotland.... jumping on the first thing they hear or want to believe to be the truth. Although not quite the same as the summer of 1989 when they paraded a new signing prior to him actually signing, it is starting to feel somewhat similar.

My guess is that a few media placemen were given strong indications he was close to a deal and ran with it. Meanwhile, the bold Eddie is using this apparent Celtic link to flush out potential suitors in the EPL to see if their interest is real..... most notably Crystal Palace and maybe Newcastle.

Altogether glorious.

Hodgsons steadied the Palace ship but is getting on
I'd think Howe would be interested in that one
plus its not over the Watford Gap so he'll be happy

The only way Celtic don't appoint a Kennedy or a Clarke is if rich uncle Des gets his wallet out and gets serious.

The stars aligned perfectly for them with Rodgers but it won't happen again.
Using good old fashioned terminology, going from Rodgers to TLB was like swapping your Jag for a Lada. Howe seems to be a bit of a Ford, a Ghia at best but more likely an XL :) (younger Bears may need to use Google)

Would this be the first time in history a manager has appointed a DoF and not the other way around? Mental.
Warburton and the “best in the business” isn’t far off. We all know how that worked out. Not exactly a director of football but it appears that it may be a similar role Howe is proposing for his pal at Celtic. Given that Howe has spent roughly the same amount as Klopp then it all works out for us as far as I can see. I still don’t see Howe actually taking the job... Once you’re in that league do you voluntarily drop out?

Back