Airport Departures, Queues, Delays - ALL UPDATES HERE

We fly from Cardiff on Tuesday so checked the departure board and there is only 3 flights after the one that takes off at half one before we take off at half 5. I would very much doubt that we will have a problem at security :))
you'll Wizz through!

On 0800 to Heathrow and security was pretty busy, loads of bears.
Had fast track security and was through in 5mins.
Might be worth getting if tight on time.
Cost is 6 quid.

Take it easy at the airport bars guys, the police will be looking for an excuse to stop you getting on the flight if you appear "over zealous" after a few, seen it happen before.

Just arrived and the queue is downstairs and through the check-in area. Get here early if yourr leaving from here

I was there last week, they will come along the queue and shout your flight if need be. But there were only 4 bag scanners open from a possible 14 when I was there , so if your bag gets pulled for a random search expect a long wait . As you say get there more than 2 hours before departure

Flying from there tomorrow. Booked fast track to hopefully get through security faster
Last time I was in a huge queue I joked with someone about the fast track sign behind us, I wasn't in fast track, and they said they were!!! Seemed all the queues were bottle necking into one point.
That was Heathrow mind but I wouldn't bank on being that much faster than us normals.

i have been staying in paris, i am checked in at the airport currently in the business lounge flying CDG to Malaga in an hour, maybe just because EU only thing i have had to show so far is my ticket no passport checks or covid crap.

Just arrived and the queue is downstairs and through the check-in area. Get here early if yourr leaving from here
Took about an hour for us. Just had breakfast and still 2 hours until flight. We were upstairs as well so you will make flight but it could be close

On the 0830. Tomorrow How long to get through?

Are there queues at check in?
Id estimate 60-90 mins but im still in it at the moment. They do pull people out though so keep your headphones off. Dont know about check in as i did it online.

i have been staying in paris, i am checked in at the airport currently in the business lounge flying CDG to Malaga in an hour, maybe just because EU only thing i have had to show so far is my ticket no passport checks or covid crap.
Edinburgh to CDG to Seville for me tomorrow so that’s good news.

We’ve got about a 2 hour turnover tonight to make the flight there haha do you think it’ll be a bit quieter later on?

Flying there from Glasgow then getting a flight to Malaga

Is the priority lane opened? I bought fast track last week but read that they’re disregarding it and treating everyone the same

Did not appear to be open in Birmingham this morning using it for those whose flight was due to go before 7am
That’s great :D

Got less than 2 hour layover so bought it, if they’re indeed pulling people up early if their flights close then no issues

can’t believe in this day and age they can’t make it more efficient or out on more staff

They can make it more efficient, in Amsterdam airport they have replaced all the x-ray scanners with CT scanners, this means that nobody has to take anything out of their bags because the security staff can see a 3D picture of the bag.

It is so annoying when you fly through a UK airport that only has X-ray machines and they make you take loads of stuff out of your bags, it really slows everything down.

They can make it more efficient, in Amsterdam airport they have replaced all the x-ray scanners with CT scanners, this means that nobody has to take anything out of their bags because the security staff can see a 3D picture of the bag.

It is so annoying when you fly through a UK airport that only has X-ray machines and they make you take loads of stuff out of your bags, it really slows everything down.
Manchester ain’t even managed to get the escalators working all at once pal never mind that.

I was planning on getting there early tomorrow but the Ryanair website says their bag drop only opens 2 hours before departure. Do they stick to that?

Came back into East Midlands last night from Ibiza. The queue for the automatic passports was ridiculous!
We skipped the queue as my daughter has mobility problems ( one of the few benefits she gets)

time is money and money is time also. with that extra 1 at security you could have had a couple of pints or food or been shopping everyone is losing out with the slow security.

I’m on that flight. I’m getting there early
Good call I think. Even though I know an airport can only be as busy as there are seats on flights, I'll still be there 3 hours early. Sink pints worst case scenario. I have bought security fast pass as well in case.

I was planning on getting there early tomorrow but the Ryanair website says their bag drop only opens 2 hours before departure. Do they stick to that?
If its a generic bag drop for all their flights then you will be able to get them dropped before the 2 hours. if its a specific bag drop then you wont.

can’t believe in this day and age they can’t make it more efficient or out on more staff
When I came back from Malaga a couple of weeks ago there were 4 staff checking the passports.

The queue had thousands in it and was a mile long, we had to start skipping the queue or we would not have made our flight home.

Fucking ridiculous.

If its a generic bag drop for all their flights then you will be able to get them dropped before the 2 hours. if its a specific bag drop then you wont.
I’m hoping it will be generic then with the airport being so busy.

They are preparing for this (or something similar) at Edinburgh. When parking at the multi-storey and coming across the fast track link bridge, you see the area they have prepared for it, along with all the signage noting you won’t have to take items out your pockets etc. No idea when it’s going to commence though, but they area looks 100% ready.

I was there last week, they will come along the queue and shout your flight if need be. But there were only 4 bag scanners open from a possible 14 when I was there , so if your bag gets pulled for a random search expect a long wait . As you say get there more than 2 hours before departure
That's the likely problem. No way round hurrying them up if that happens. Folk need to make sure absolutely no liquids. I once got pulled up for an orange.

Flew Edinburgh to Faro yesterday at 6:45. Arrived at the airport around 4:45/4:50 and was through security by 5:15.

The queues looked dreadful but were fine. I wouldn't want to be running too late as it would be pretty stressful but it was a breeze really.

I’m hoping it will be generic then with the airport being so busy.
Ryanair and Easyjet normally do generic as it means hiring just a couple of desks and staff compared to one for each flight. They care not a jot for the queues. Fly skanky bastards.

Does anyone know if Ryanair need to do any Covid checks at check in/pre security?

Got my boarding pass and not checking in any bags so was planning on just going straight through security.

Back