Edinburgh derby

I was impressed by the lad Bartley for hivs, strong and imposing, held the centre mid and let McGinn/McGeouch rampage about doing what they do.

Was a poor game. Hibs the better side but they are pish.

Hearts look rank but will no doubt give us a game on Saturday.

Obviously a win against Kilmarnock is a must, but need to be right up for it against Hearts. They are not good at all, but let’s face it neither are we. We’re more than capable of winning but they’re another physical side and we need to stand up to that much better than we did against Motherwell.

Hopefully that same Hearts team will appear when we meet them at Murrayfield, because they were utterly pish tonight.

McGinn and McGeouch were allowed to run the midfield with Bartley giving them a bit of dig, and their full backs were completely rinsed by nothing more than pace.

Walker is completely isolated out wide, and drifts inside all the time trying to get on the ball, which means Hearts have no width to their play.

As much as I hate them, HIVs totally bossed that game, although they also looked lightweight up front. Neither of these two is anything great, which shows how shit Hearts were tonight. Seriously hope they play like that again at the weekend.

Hearts are toilet, long balls up to Lafferty who is like a big skinny Waghorn cant trap a bag of cement, to think people were desperate for him to come back.

John Soutter first CB i've seen hit corners since sinisa mihajlovic

Hearts have been grinding out results recently but they really lack any quality. I will be really disappointed it we don't get 3 points off them.

Some points from what I saw:

1. Hearts were rubbish, and were epitomised by Lafferty's anonymous performance.
2. Hibs have a solid team built around some promising players. The game at Easter Road will be very tough.
3. While not being of the greatest quality (and let's face it - few derbies are, least of all ours) it was an entertaining watch.
4. The referee was so poor it should serve as a gentle reminder that most of the referees in Scotland are simply consistently incompetent and not out to get us or any other team.

Press them high up the park on Saturday, attack them with pace down both flanks. Both their full backs got ruined from Barker and Boyle last night

Back