Edmiston Drive is looking very nice.

Spot on, the road should be changed to monoblock surface, granite blocks etc with restrictions and provisions for matchdays. The road should be emergency vehicles only but won’t be.
Agree completely.

Uplighters in blue for the stadium frontage as well.

And get rid of the street lights which spoil my nice photo shots of our beautiful and historic Main Stand

Reactions: hms
q4RZqDS.jpg

I would like to see the main stretch of the road along the front of the main stand ripped up and possibly re-done in possibly a nice block design, could even reduce the speed along that stretch to 20mph.

With a main stand like ours it really should have the surroundings brought upto scratch to do it justice.

I would like to see the main stretch of the road along the front of the main stand ripped up and possibly re-done in possibly a nice block design, could even reduce the speed along that stretch to 20mph.

With a main stand like ours it really should have the surroundings brought upto scratch to do it justice.
Unfortunately that would require a council who:-

A. Had two brass coins to rub together due to Scot Gov budget slashes.

B. Had more than absolute zero interest in anything that would benefit Rangers

Unfortunately that would require a council who:-

A. Had two brass coins to rub together due to Scot Gov budget slashes.

B. Had more than absolute zero interest in anything that would benefit Rangers
Agree but there is no need for that road to be a dual carriageway now. If Gers offered to pay maybe it could be made single and enough for the amount of traffic. A halfway house might be enough for GCC also easier police to close on match days. As someone said earlier about the big sewer renewal last year there is a lot of utility apparatus underneath and would restrict some if what we might want do.

After reading this post jumped into the car and drove down to have a look.Forgot my phone so no pics.Magnificent looking.Also agree with everyone else who have commented on the state of the road.

I don't understand why they haven't taken the opportunity to do it when there have been no fans. Terrible planning.

Same reason roads in Glasgow generally are in as bad a state as I can remember for a long time.

Giving adequate budget to the council to fix potholes doesn’t buy votes like some other uses of the money do.

The road at the front of the stadium is a private road, we own from the roundabout to Edmiston House. Probably the reason why GCC don't really maintain it!

Edit - Sorry just had a look, looks like GCC have just adopted from Copland Rd to Helen Street on 20th Sept 2020.

Last edited:
Was over with my son this morning to view slab bought for my 70th last year,we are both peed off at not getting to games,like everyone else.Like other posters we walked right round the outside of the stadium,seeing all the posters,billboards etc.,and were also pleased to see work ongoing for Edmiston House.

It would be great if there were 50000 going there tomorrow afternoon, 55 in the pocket, cup tie coming up, lording it over hibs, another party, letting the team know we're proud of them

Don't forget we had loads of lolly available to put unpronounceable dead language signage on ambiuolanses, poleiausus cars, road signs and train stations.
aye, even the snnp cult know what a police car looks like without it being in two languages they cant
understand

Last edited:
aye, even the snnp cult know what a police car looks like without it being in two languages they cant
cant understand
In the North East there’s wankers whining about the local dialect, Doric, complete with ancient tales of being given the belt at school for not using the Queens English, wasn’t very effective as maist o the loons spikken tae me are barely understood!
Scots is another of their hobbyhorses, as are Gaelic, the Highland Clearances (still going on today apparently) English invaders and a myriad of perceived slights and grievances that can only be solved by independence. Apart from potholes, bus services, rural hospital sevices, NHS dentistry, which after 14 years of SNP government are not.
All lunacy above courtesy of the local SNP candidates Facebook page.

Took the wee one up today just for a wee walk round the stadium (at her request, by the way!), all these wee touches, such as the 55 lamppost banners, are great and it will be a tremendous feeling once we're allowed back in.

In the North East there’s wankers whining about the local dialect, Doric, complete with ancient tales of being given the belt at school for not using the Queens English, wasn’t very effective as maist o the loons spikken tae me are barely understood!
Scots is another of their hobbyhorses, as are Gaelic, the Highland Clearances (still going on today apparently) English invaders and a myriad of perceived slights and grievances that can only be solved by independence. Apart from potholes, bus services, rural hospital sevices, NHS dentistry, which after 14 years of SNP government are not.
All lunacy above courtesy of the local SNP candidates Facebook page.
they didnt go to school, educated in some field in the middle of nowhere encircled with some standing rocks

they didnt go to school, educated in some field in the middle of nowhere encircled with some standing rocks
Aye, but that’s only the SNP voters. Most of the NE people I associate with are brand new to be fair.
As an aside, half the nutters on the SNP candidates facebook page aren't even in the constituency but assure him he’s their choice!

Aye, but that’s only the SNP voters. Most of the NE people I associate with are brand new to be fair.
As an aside, half the nutters on the SNP candidates facebook page aren't even in the constituency but assure him he’s their choice!
nutters only see ssnp and put an X next to it, lets hope they tick the box and feck it up

The lampposts look great, the tarmac on the road is a mess.

When Scottish Water had the place dug up for months, you would have thought it was an ideal time to renew it all, the Council could have got it all done for half price with SWater footing a proportion of the bill.

I would have expected the council to ask for a full resurface. Very surprised if they haven’t.

Agree but there is no need for that road to be a dual carriageway now. If Gers offered to pay maybe it could be made single and enough for the amount of traffic. A halfway house might be enough for GCC also easier police to close on match days. As someone said earlier about the big sewer renewal last year there is a lot of utility apparatus underneath and would restrict some if what we might want do.

It wasn’t a sewer, it’s a water main.

It should definitely be improved and semi pedestrianised but I agree that Rangers would have to take the initiative and offer some funding.

We also need to look at the bits we currently own as well. It’s like a big brutalist 1970s car park at the moment. Improved walkways, lighting and a few trees wouldn’t go amiss as well. Hopefully this is in the clubs thoughts for after the museum build

I would have expected the council to ask for a full resurface. Very surprised if they haven’t.

It wasn’t a sewer, it’s a water main.

It should definitely be improved and semi pedestrianised but I agree that Rangers would have to take the initiative and offer some funding.

We also need to look at the bits we currently own as well. It’s like a big brutalist 1970s car park at the moment. Improved walkways, lighting and a few trees wouldn’t go amiss as well. Hopefully this is in the clubs thoughts for after the museum build
Doesn't really make any difference as they usually are laid not far apart my info was a sewer. The requirement to resurface usually depends on the area for reinstatement but if the road surface was already shit SW would prob tell them where to go. Agree about the bits we do own and maybe other small lots we could buy to improve and increase parking as GCC pressure will be on us. The board should maybe be more vocal about the preferential assistance given to the parkhead club. I don't see GCC demolishing a school and giving us the land for nothing anytime soon. Some in that other chamber of secrets will be determined to surround or build us in with housing.

Back