Edmiston House Supporter Package

Shoe Burns

Anyone any update on this? Paid for this back in May and I believe we were supposed to be issued with certificate etc by mid August

Anyone any update on this? Paid for this back in May and I believe we were supposed to be issued with certificate etc by mid August
There was a thread on this subject on 21st August. The SLO’s response was:-

”the faq online was updated when we got some more clarity on the timeline for EH packs”

The FAQ’s currently state:-

“Supporters in the UK can look forward to receiving their gift in due course”

Doesn’t really help much :rolleyes:

Paid for this months ago and heard nothing since. A courtesy email update advising us what's happening wouldn't be too much to ask

I paid the money a couple of months ago but I’ve given up hope of hearing anything from the club about it.

Was the biggest con going. It’s about the only thing I seen through
How exactly is it a con?

the club are losing money hand over fist, they are now taking on the building and maintenance of a club museum (which folk have been moaning about for donkeys) the club is obviously going to look to get more money from the supporters

call it a donation , call it what you will, it was a way of putting money into the club with the fans getting back recognition with having your name listed and from memory you would get some other perks / tour in advance of it opening

id rather do that than spend money on things like Castore products

How exactly is it a con?

the club are losing money hand over fist, they are now taking on the building and maintenance of a club museum (which folk have been moaning about for donkeys) the club is obviously going to look to get more money from the supporters

call it a donation , call it what you will, it was a way of putting money into the club with the fans getting back recognition with having your name listed and from memory you would get some other perks / tour in advance of it opening

It's those perks that people are talking about. While most folk realise it's essentially a donation, stuff was promised as part of it and nothing has been received

How exactly is it a con?

Edmiston house is a business revenue opportunity. They are not doing nice things because supporters asked for it. They are doing it because they see pound signs, knowing it will have demand. It is funded through loans and Edmiston house packages that were sold.

Communications are woeful.

Our PR and Comms leave a lot to be desired.
For a club of our size, it’s simply not good enough.
It annoys me trying to get hold of the ticket office etc and you see us announcing new partners every other wk emailing about this that and the other for sale yet you can rarely get a hold of anyone if you need help or advice! They only seem to be talking to people if they want to give them money :))

It annoys me trying to get hold of the ticket office etc and you see us announcing new partners every other wk emailing about this that and the other for sale yet you can rarely get a hold of anyone if you need help or advice! They only seem to be talking to people if they want to give them money :))

I emailed the ticket office on the 17th August. I got my response yesterday 21st SEPTEMBER. And it didn’t even answer my enquiry. They just copy and pasted a shite response in.

How exactly is it a con?

Con is probably the wrong choice of words but the fact that they can’t sell it out shows that it was overpriced and Fans seen through it.

it’s basically 4 months to the day since people bought them and people are saying that they haven’t had any comms or received their welcome packs which is ridiculous. The club were rushing to sell these packages when ground wasn’t even broken and they clearly didn’t have the welcome packs organised.

It's those perks that people are talking about. While most folk realise it's essentially a donation, stuff was promised as part of it and nothing has been received
The building work is ongoing, I just don’t see the hurry for a certificate when it’s in early stages, when it gets to a certain milestone or prior to opening would be fine.

granted I think the club have dug a hole for themselves by not just sending out an email now and again.

The building work is ongoing, I just don’t see the hurry for a certificate when it’s in early stages, when it gets to a certain milestone or prior to opening would be fine.

granted I think the club have dug a hole for themselves by not just sending out an email now and again.
Aye, why not just say up front the stuff is coming when it opens. It's just poor communication - folk are pissed off and its completely avoidable. I agree it's not a big issue in the scheme of things

Edmiston house is a business revenue opportunity. They are not doing nice things because supporters asked for it. They are doing it because they see pound signs, knowing it will have demand. It is funded through loans and Edmiston house packages that were sold.
Are rangers a charity? Do they not need to make money / monetise demand from the support for things such as a museum , event space for hosting fans before games outwith hospitality

Con is probably the wrong choice of words but the fact that they can’t sell it out shows that it was overpriced and Fans seen through it.

it’s basically 4 months to the day since people bought them and people are saying that they haven’t had any comms or received their welcome packs which is ridiculous. The club were rushing to sell these packages when ground wasn’t even broken and they clearly didn’t have the welcome packs organised.

Seems like it was a mad rush to get the revenue in over the summer. Season tickets, share issue, Edmiston House. I think it all came too much at one time for a lot of supporters. With cup games and Euro qualifiers added in to the mix.

If it was all staggered over several months, the shares and Edmiston House would have had higher uptakes.

Are rangers a charity? Do they not need to make money / monetise demand from the support for things such as a museum , event space for hosting fans before games outwith hospitality
Who said Rangers are a charity? You are the one talking about calling it a donation. Some folk on here act like Rangers are a charity.

This thread is about people paying money into the club and not receiving the product they expected. The exact opposite of a charity.

Everything around the club feels tired, not interested flat and lethargic.

It's like the board have completely switched off from the fans. Communication barely exists. Things don't seem to be done properly.

Feels like we need fresh blood on the board or within the operational side and some people with an energetic and dynamic outlook and who actually want dialogue and communication with the fans.

Last edited:

I’m with you as regards the poor communication, should’nt be too hard for them to fire out an email / update on the website even if just to say there is a delay with the certificates

I was happy to support this at the time, felt that it was a good opportunity for supporters to get involved.

I expected by supporting it to recieve updates or something. The welcome pack or whatever it is was never gonna be great, but why do rangers keep making deadlines and timescales they won't keep... If I tell a 'customer' I am going to do something by a date, I do it.

Same with mygers points, will be updated every 12 weeks or whatever, why say that and then not do it (last updates there was about a year between them). I don't actually care about mygers points, i just wish they would either do what they promise or not promise anything.

Seems like it was a mad rush to get the revenue in over the summer. Season tickets, share issue, Edmiston House. I think it all came too much at one time for a lot of supporters. With cup games and Euro qualifiers added in to the mix.

If it was all staggered over several months, the shares and Edmiston House would have had higher uptakes.
There is an element of perfect storm / timing with the number of the Rangers related products / season tickets / shares and Edmiston house outlays this year

the 150th anniversary , the good feeling with ‘55 I can see why they went for it this summer though,

them still trying to flog the fan photo montage thing is getting a bit of a joke even I’ll admit on that one!

There is an element of perfect storm / timing with the number of the Rangers related products / season tickets / shares and Edmiston house outlays this year

the 150th anniversary , the good feeling with ‘55 I can see why they went for it this summer though,

them still trying to flog the fan photo montage thing is getting a bit of a joke even I’ll admit on that one!

I paid £20 for two 55 branded Dairy Milks B-DB-D. Mrs still won’t let me live that one down. And I never seen a single square of it.

Parted with £300 for 2 on 24th May. As I have said before, even a wee membership card or some kind of small acknowledgment of the purchase (outwith the standard receipt) would’ve been well received.

Everyone that paid it understood the timescales however to have heard nothing 4 months down the line is a bit poor.

A very poor show from the club, the support are parting with their hard earned cash to keep the club ticking over. £300 from me and not a word since, not good enough rangers.

Back