Edmundson

Looks like big George will be starting tomorrow night :cool:

He's definitely starting mate, Gerrard confirmed it in the presser this morning.

Tav out for a couple of weeks with a minor appendix issue and Greg Stewart undergoing a scan for a calf problem.

He's definitely starting mate, Gerrard confirmed it in the presser this morning.

Tav out for a couple of weeks with a minor appendix issue and Greg Stewart undergoing a scan for a calf problem.

Good to be confirmed, but as said above he was always going to start in this one.

Shame about Stewart would have been good for him to get 90 minutes in this one

Good to be confirmed, but as said above he was always going to start in this one.

Shame about Stewart would have been good for him to get 90 minutes in this one

Hopefully nothing too serious with Greg, mate.

Gerrard said he'd been complaining about a tight calf.

Was thinking we would've tried Stewart up front but looks like he's out.

Will be a big test for JD to play so many games in quick succession but he'll do the business no doubt :cool:

With Morelos out for 3 games we can't take any risks with Greg Stewart.
He's next in line to play up front if anything happens to Defoe.

Shows a lot of promise but I just hope the fans are patient with him given his lack of competitive games.

Gutted for Stewart tbh and I say that as someone who wasn’t keen on him signing for us.Been very pleasantly surprised whenever he’s played and actually think he’s been possibly a wee bit hard done by on occasions.

Funny old game.

Big Edmundo seems like a really likeable guy and I can't wait to see him get his chance. Not sure how much he'll be tested considering the opposition, though.

When asked about academy players progressing to the 1st team, he said along the lines of, if they're good enough then they'll get in.
He didn't want players complaining about too many senior players blocking their path.

He also wasn't interested in academy players representatives telling him how many EPL clubs were interested in their player.

A wee dig at Leon King's representatives perhaps?

When asked about academy players progressing to the 1st team, he said along the lines of, if they're good enough then they'll get in.
He didn't want players complaining about too many senior players blocking their path.

He also wasn't interested in academy players representatives telling him how many EPL clubs were interested in their player.

Hopefully young Patterson is ready to get his chance(I haven't seen the lad btw,merely going on what a lot of more knowledgable people who see the youths have said).
It appears Flanagan along with Halliday will be let go in the summer given they haven't been offered new contracts by now,so hopefully now the club is on a much more solid footing some youths will have more opportunities when the time is right.

One thing I'm really confident about is the coaches' judgement on such matters- I'm a huge fan of Beale in particular whose expertise goes somewhat under the radar a bit due to the high profile of Gerrard and Gmac.

very telling comment from the gaffer, imagine it could be several youngsters. Especially like the point if you don’t want to play for rangers, go elsewhere then.

Hopefully young Patterson is ready to get his chance(I haven't seen the lad btw,merely going on what a lot of more knowledgable people who see the youths have said).
It appears Flanagan along with Halliday will be let go in the summer given they haven't been offered new contracts by now,so hopefully now the club is on a much more solid footing some youths will have more opportunities when the time is right.

One thing I'm really confident about is the coaches' judgement on such matters- I'm a huge fan of Beale in particular whose expertise goes somewhat under the radar a bit due to the high profile of Gerrard and Gmac.

Yeah. Pity u didn't catch Lokomotiv game, Patterson was great defensively and going forward...baby Tav! :) Another great was seeing JJ at home on the Right as well as left. Flanagan also went down the Right so I think SG will start with Flanagan at RB but hopefully Patterson on the bench so we can see if he'll get on for Buddies or County game (he's good enough, trust me)

Reactions: cav
Think we can all see big George has real potential.

Gutted for Stewart if he doesn't make it , fancied him to bag a few in this game.

Yes mate I noticed that. Seemed quite pissed off about it too.

I think it would be a bad time to bring in youngsters at this time of the season, i think he'll stick to experienced players, failing that if the money's there, he may bring in a couple of quality players if there are any out there, that's better than weve got.

I think it would be a bad time to bring in youngsters at this time of the season, i think he'll stick to experienced players, failing that if the money's there, he may bring in a couple of quality players if there are any out there, that's better than weve got.
I’m not sure the timing of the season is a big issue,certainly not in comparison to the stage of the player(s) in question development at least anyway that n terms of readiness.

I’m confident the staff we have now are better equipped to make such decisions though,which is huge given where we were not that long ago.

OP hasn't been paying attention to the manager's pressers. Very often the player beside him doesn't start.

Yeah. Pity u didn't catch Lokomotiv game, Patterson was great defensively and going forward...baby Tav! :) Another great was seeing JJ at home on the Right as well as left. Flanagan also went down the Right so I think SG will start with Flanagan at RB but hopefully Patterson on the bench so we can see if he'll get on for Buddies or County game (he's good enough, trust me)

Brilliant to hear mate,I missed quite a few of our Europa games due to work to the point my gaffer went out of his way to get me the YB at Ibrox game off and also sourced a ticket for me!

Excited by the chat about young Patterson

Edmundson looks very serious when going about his business on park and l love that. I have very high hopes for him being a regular in the not too distant future.

That's what sprung to mind as soon as Gerrard said that.

You mean best centre half in the way that the less he plays, the more people on here rate him?

Alan Gow was like fucking Ronaldinho on here at one point.
Of course that’s a possibility.

However I was meaning that once he gets a run in the team he’ll be impossible to displace. He has all the attributes to go right to the top.

Of course that’s a possibility.

However I was meaning that once he gets a run in the team he’ll be impossible to displace. He has all the attributes to go right to the top.

Oldham fans would disagree.

Haven't seen anything from him yet that has me worried and think he looks a good prospect, but always at the back of my mind when a team that are mid table in League 2s fans didn't rate him has me slightly concerns me.

That said, players can step up and improve and he looks to have done just that.

Back