Edouard clear dive yesterday

Clear dive nothing to debate. Will anything be done, not holding my breath. If that had been a Rangers player the fallout would have been frightening.

If the CO does not react, the SFA and SPFL needs to be taken to the cleaners about it, as impartiality is not given.

This was a Scottish showpiece event, there were 15 cameras et al, so there sure is evidence enough.

Collum looked absolutely terrified at the weekend as though he knew he would be getting the blame if Hearts won.

Not quite sure i agree with the point about VAR, didnt the ex Ger on commentry say it might have soft but it is a penalty. Celtic will make sure its someone like Dodds that is the video ref its not going to end bias and people in refereeing/media/sfa crawling. Maybe it would be a red card for keeper too if Craig Thomson gets the job of making sure the big decisions are correct.

I think you will see a lot more of Lennons Celtic using this tactic, get it in box hit the grass...which team in world sport isnt going to take advantage of friendly refs desperate to help ? i dont blame them tbh.

That's not how VAR works. There is a panel of officials viewing decisions. They do not make any decisions directly. They simply communicate to the referee if they have seen something with the aid of video replays that means the referee's decision is contentious. The referee then had opportunity to go and view the incident as many times as he feels necessary and can then either stand by his original decision or rule the other way.

So yeah, I'm sure it is open to abuse, but certainly not in the way you suggest.

Back