Edouard considering seeing out his contract and leaving on a free next summer

Memories of Bobo.

Any excuse to post this. IMO, thee most ridiculous piece of journalism ever.

BOBO BALDE'S refusal to move to Birmingham during the summer transfer window has cost him his place in Celtic's Champions League squad.

The 33-strong Hoops group registered with Uefa for the competition which kicks off next week includes nine defenders, among them Jo Doumbe and Paul Caddis.

But Balde is out, which means even if Celtic suffer a spate of injuries to centre-backs Gary Caldwell, Stephen McManus, Glenn Loovens and Darren O'Dea, they would not be able to bring him in.
IIRC celtic pulled a few stunts that season in order to try and sicken him into doing something silly and break the terms of his contract, so they could tear it up. However much to their annoyance balde turned up every day, trained with the kids and went home.

Last edited:
Hahaha

celtic PR trying to paint £15M as a good deal for other clubs.
I’d say 15-20m is about right for him but hard to even justify that based on last season when he never tried a leg. He still got a fair amount of goals but showed that typically French trait of throwing a strop and being utterly abject when it mattered most.

I swear he missed some absolute sitters on purpose at times.

I’d say 15-20m is about right for him but hard to even justify that based on last season when he never tried a leg. He still got a fair amount of goals but showed that typically French trait of throwing a strop and being utterly abject when it mattered most.

If his contract had 3-4 years to run

Hahaha

celtic PR trying to paint £15M as a good deal for other clubs.

The article is also saying that the reason he's not going to Leicester is because the scum still want about half of what they were looking for last summer (£25million).

It looks as though Rodgers was gonna do them a turn for £15million but the board wont sanction anything above that so they're just gonna sign Daka instead, hence the spin of Edouard may be happy to stay for his final season and leave for free next year, aye NB :D

IIRC celtic pulled a few stunts that season in order to try and sicken him into doing something silly and break the terms of his contract, so they could tear it up. However much to their annoyance balded turned up every day, trained with the kids and went home.
Such dedication deserves rewarded. Big Bobo earned every penny of his loyalty bonus.

The article is also saying that the reason he's not going to Leicester is because the scum still want about half of what they were looking for last summer (£25million).

It looks as though Rodgers was gonna do them a turn for £15million but the board wont sanction anything above that so they're just gonna sign Daka instead, hence the spin of Edouard may be happy to stay for his final season and leave for free next year, aye NB :D
Perhaps if Celtic go around telling everyone how crap he is and how he's had a bad season they can knock his value down to half what they are looking for?

consider this

with a year to go on his contract he's taken the decision to slow down, not bother trying etc

imagine that this season when he wants to stay fit enough to coin in a good contract offer in January
he'll be wrapping himself up in bubblewrap for games
Thing is, he still scored 22 for them last season, when he wasn’t trying.

IIRC celtic pulled a few stunts that season in order to try and sicken him into doing something silly and break the terms of his contract, so they could tear it up. However much to their annoyance balded turned up every day, trained with the kids and went home.
I remember he took up photography as a hobby to keep himself occupied while he ran his contract down. I think he held out to the bitter end as ironically he was due a loyalty bonus.

Have you not just contradicted yourself in the first sentence?

It's the SPFL he's operating in, not a top notch league. How many goals did this so called top class striker score in the league without taking penalties into account?

I'm not asking you specifically, just asking in general.

It's the SPFL he's operating in, not a top notch league. How many goals did this so called top class striker score in the league without taking penalties into account?

He scored 18 goals in 31 league games, 13 if you exclude penalties. Alfie scored 12 in the league in 29 games. Roofe scored 14 in 24. All per Transfermarkt.

He scored 18 goals in 31 league games, 13 if you exclude penalties. Alfie scored 12 in the league in 29 games. Roofe scored 14 in 24. All per Transfermarkt.
As you well know, there's no way the same press that put a ludicrous money value on frenchie would do the same with Alfie or Roofe.

What’s the totals when you add in assists? For all those rating Frenchie over our own players - why?? I think numbers show there isn’t much to separate them - add in the fact our boys have done it in Europe to a better degree as well and the argument should be the other way round. It is amazing how one sided the press are here and how they continue to be. Watch for the article how leagues poorer when some of these guys leave and then a good riddance for when our players do!

As you well know, there's no way the same press that put a ludicrous money value on frenchie would do the same with Alfie or Roofe.
You asked how many goals Edouard scored and I told you in comparison to our players. When did I give any opinion on value and where does the press come in to that?

He took up photography if I remember correctly. Would be even funnier this time around if the oldest u-21 in the world did it.

What’s the totals when you add in assists? For all those rating Frenchie over our own players - why?? I think numbers show there isn’t much to separate them - add in the fact our boys have done it in Europe to a better degree as well and the argument should be the other way round. It is amazing how one sided the press are here and how they continue to be. Watch for the article how leagues poorer when some of these guys leave and then a good riddance for when our players do!
Last year Edouard had 6 assists in the league, Alfie had 5 and Roofe 3. In Europe, Edouard had 4 goals in 7 games (EL and CL) Alfie had 5 in 13 and Roofe 2 in 8. If you exclude the qualifiers then it’s 2 in 4 for Edouard, 3 in 10 for Alfie and 2 in 7 for Roofe. All in the EL. Again all per Transfermarkt. The season before Alfie obviously scored 14 in 17 in Europe, but in the other 2 of the last 3 years their records in Europe (in statistical terms) have been similar.

You asked for stats and I’m providing them. I’m not saying any player is better or more valuable than any other, or passing any comment on how the press value players so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Good on him - I hope all their superstars stay to try and impress the new world class coaching team they have managed to assemble.B-D

Last year Edouard had 6 assists in the league, Alfie had 5 and Roofe 3. In Europe, Edouard had 4 goals in 7 games (EL and CL) Alfie had 5 in 13 and Roofe 2 in 8. If you exclude the qualifiers then it’s 2 in 4 for Edouard, 3 in 10 for Alfie and 2 in 7 for Roofe. All in the EL. Again all per Transfermarkt. The season before Alfie obviously scored 14 in 17 in Europe, but in the other 2 of the last 3 years their records in Europe (in statistical terms) have been similar.

You asked for stats and I’m providing them. I’m not saying any player is better or more valuable than any other, or passing any comment on how the press value players so please don’t shoot the messenger.
Ok I didn’t think they were as close in Europe but my point was realistically I think we’ve 3 top strikers, roofe here a season so let’s forget him but the other two should both being talked up. The phone ins should be arguing over who’s best but panelists being split or fairly even where as we see one as £50million bestest player ever and the other aye but he’s not scored in this match so lucky if £10mil. It shows we’ve no interest in promoting our game and for the main it’s all jealousy and hatred that runs apparent in our media that should be neutral.

Perhaps edourd thinks 'target practice' is shooting an air rifle at random strangers from a car.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alfredo-morelos/leistungsdaten/spieler/338962

Alfie 17 goals 13 assists 44 matches

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/odsonne-edouard/leistungsdaten/spieler/344152

Edouard 22 goals 6 assists 40 matches

I notice BBC only have Edouard down for 4 assists yet transfermarkt have him down for 5 in the league.

And thats just for this past season. The numbers over the 3 years they have both been competing in Scotland favours Alfie more according to the previous thread that had all the numbers.

All objective data points to Alfie being at least as dangerous as Edouard across all competitions and more effective in Europe against the tougher opposition.

Alfie is also on a longer contract

Only a moron could rate a player less effective in Europe, on a shorter contract, as the more valuable.

I’m saying that his ability makes him about 15-20m worth. To that effect I’d be expecting Rangers to look for similar or realistically even more when it comes to Morelos.

Penalties or not he’s still a good striker, especially if he’s in the mood. He’s scored a fair few against Rangers in the past that weren’t penalties. I use that example as that’s the toughest domestic game.

He hasn’t progressed at all since Rodgers left Celtic so the supposed 40m they were quoting for him was always pie in the sky. Morelos on the other hand has improved leaps and bounds and is the better all round player.

If ive contradicted myself then that’s fair enough we all make mistakes.

I notice BBC only have Edouard down for 4 assists yet transfermarkt have him down for 5 in the league.

And thats just for this past season. The numbers over the 3 years they have both been competing in Scotland favours Alfie more according to the previous thread that had all the numbers.

All objective data points to Alfie being at least as dangerous as Edouard across all competitions and more effective in Europe against the tougher opposition.

Only a moron could rate a player less effective in Europe, on a shorter contract, as the more valuable.
This is where these data analysts fall down. Anyone who watched us would know Alfie was given a different roll that season there, dropping deep & dragging defenders all over the shop which allowed for goals to come from way more players. His stats took a major hit because of that but he became a much more useful team player over the piece & in turn, elevated the values of our other players.

Madness that people actually want him to leave rather than stay and leave for free, i get hes a good player who could cause us problems but does anyone actually believe french eddie will be bursting a gut in his last season when he will be leaving for free at the risk of a bad injury and not getting a lucrative contract elsewhere, not a chance. I hope he stays, it will be great and how i will laugh, i hope it happens so much they will be pig sick.

I’m saying that his ability makes him about 15-20m worth. To that effect I’d be expecting Rangers to look for similar or realistically even more when it comes to Morelos.

Penalties or not he’s still a good striker, especially if he’s in the mood. He’s scored a fair few against Rangers in the past that weren’t penalties. I use that example as that’s the toughest domestic game.

He hasn’t progressed at all since Rodgers left Celtic so the supposed 40m they were quoting for him was always pie in the sky. Morelos on the other hand has improved leaps and bounds and is the better all round player.

If ive contradicted myself then that’s fair enough we all make mistakes.
It wasn't a dig. I just think you've been caught up in the continual codswallop thrown at us regards filth players by their propaganda agents, who are the ne'erdowells who pass for journalists up here.

And it's not just yahoos who play for the filth who will earn praise, it will be any yahoo. Take the ned O'Donnell for instance.

Now, he was part of a stuffy scottish performance the other night and he had two contributions that stand out.

A shot in the first half that was saved. Fair enough he was up there with the attack.

And then resorting to type in the second half when he scythed down Sterling.

One part of his performance, the former, will be highlighted by the press beyond reality and the latter will be ignored and dismissed by the same goons.

But we all know the reason why the ned O'Donnell will be praised beyond his actual performance.

Oh, and before you reply, I don't want young Patterson, associated with this bunch and their hard-of-hearing manager.

He's a good player but there is no way they will let him run his contract down however funny it would be.

He will be off this summer for a undisclosed fee.

It wasn't a dig. I just think you've been caught up in the continual codswallop thrown at us regards filth players by their propaganda agents, who are the ne'erdowells who pass for journalists up here.

And it's not just yahoos who play for the filth who will earn praise, it will be any yahoo. Take the ned O'Donnell for instance.

Now, he was part of a stuffy scottish performance the other night and he had two contributions that stand out.

A shot in the first half that was saved. Fair enough he was up there with the attack.

And then resorting to type in the second half when he scythed down Sterling.

One part of his performance, the former, will be highlighted by the press beyond reality and the latter will be ignored and dismissed by the same goons.

But we all know the reason why the ned O'Donnell will be praised beyond his actual performance.

Oh, and before you reply, I don't want young Patterson, associated with this bunch and their hard-of-hearing manager.
You won’t have Patterson associated with ‘this bunch’ because his face doesn’t fit. Not one player on the park from the champions of our country. Let’s face it, even if Jack was fit to be called up he would probably be in the squad but wouldn’t be starting. Everyone who has a full set of eyes and ears knows Clarke has his own agenda. O’Donnell still shouldn’t be near international football.

I still think Edouard is a good player.

Madness that people actually want him to leave rather than stay and leave for free, i get hes a good player who could cause us problems but does anyone actually believe french eddie will be bursting a gut in his last season when he will be leaving for free at the risk of a bad injury and not getting a lucrative contract elsewhere, not a chance. I hope he stays, it will be great and how i will laugh, i hope it happens so much they will be pig sick.
He didn’t even try a leg last year ,there is no chance he pulls his weight this year if he stays.
He was going through the motions and doesn’t want to be there .

Non-penalty goals and assists per 90 minutes of football is a more useful statistic than goals and assists per appearance. Goals and assists per appearance is less useful because the statistics get skewed by players not playing the full match.

Football critic supplies the non-penalty goals and assists per 90 minutes for free at the link below. The league rankings for players who played more that 1000 minutes were:

Roofe - 0.98
Hagi - 0.82
Elyounoussi - 0.71
Morelos - 0.69
Cole - 0.67
Arfield - 0.67
Edouard - 0.66

Non-penalty goals and assists per 90 minutes of football is a more useful statistic than goals and assists per appearance. Goals and assists per appearance is less useful because the statistics get skewed by players not playing the full match.

Football critic supplies the non-penalty goals and assists per 90 minutes for free at the link below. The league rankings for players who played more that 1000 minutes were:

Roofe - 0.98
Hagi - 0.82
Elyounoussi - 0.71
Morelos - 0.69
Cole - 0.67
Arfield - 0.67
Edouard - 0.66

Good stats

Didnt know anyone did the per 90 minutes numbers. Thanks for sharing.

the last year of his contract will have bonuses and extras that will cost Sellik a fortune :)

I am sure his agent will be pushng for those to be part of the deal.

wonderful

Roofe - 0.98
Hagi - 0.82
Elyounoussi - 0.71
Morelos - 0.69
Cole - 0.67
Arfield - 0.67
Edouard - 0.66

Roofe was miles ahead on goals per minute all season. He’s the best goalscorer in the league by quite a bit, but it will be interesting to see if he can maintain those numbers as he was exceeding his xG.

Last edited:
Roofe was miles ahead on goals per minute all season. He’s the best goalscorer in the league by quite a bit, but it will be interesting to see if he can maintain those numbers those as he was exceeding his xG.

Yes Roofe has a phenomenal goal contribution rate and so does Hagi, they are the top 2 in the league, so it surprises me when you see Rangers fans criticising those two and heaping praise on other players who have far lower goal contribution rates.

Back