Edouard to Leicester for £15m - Daily Mail

I don’t understand why a team will pay £15m for a player that they could sign on pre contract about 3-4 months into the new season and then offer a token amount for him for the remaining season or get him for nothing the following season.

It's because they want him for the first half of the season and because if they let it go to precontracts there's a chance he'll pick another side.

Also bear in mind that although they're not paying a transfer fee to the club, agents are ruthless now at exploiting that fact for a bigger weekly wage and a huge signing on fee so they're not saving all of what the transfer fee would be.

Thinking about it, their rebuild is going to be absolutely hilarious.
They need a new goalkeeper and an entire new back 4 if Ajer leaves with Julianne being out injured.
Brown is finished. Turnbull can't play 90 minutes. They've overhyped Soro. McGregor has gone stale.

If Edouard leaves then that leaves Ajeti Klimala and Griffiths.
Ajeti looks poor.
Klimala hasn't got it.
Griffiths will be in the gutter.

It's a good time to be a bear.

We have a real chance of dominating for the next few years if we can keep this squad together with only minimal sales of first team players.
The good times are only just beginning I feel.

That will be the inflated fee as well if it ever happens. He should sit on his hands for a wee while then go for nothing.

getting a player like Edouard for 4 seasons and making a profit of £3m+ isn’t as bad as it sounds.

Assuming the figures touted are true, the £12m will appear on their. balance sheet.

I’m really happy that’s all their getting for them though.

A key point is that theyre already looking at a big rebuild this summer

Add another name gone means the pot is diluted further

If Ajer goes too, they will need to spend a fortune (or get very lucky) just to stand still. An ageing McGregor, the returning nae-neck, Turnbull (who struggles to last 60 min never mind 90) and the vastly overrated Soro - that’s what they’re pinning their hopes on. It took Stevie G and co 3 seasons to turn us fully round, it will take them at least that, considering we‘ll offer superior opposition to what Lennon provided.

What will be important to the dhims is money in the through the door.

40% of the circa £6m profit means £2.4M to PSG = £12.6M incoming.

They may of course still have some of the £9M transfer fee still to pay but after this length of time maybe not.

It is all about cash flow for them and I can't see anyone paying more than £15M if that is even true.

He is by far their best player though and he won't be replaced like for like unless they get lucky with a Morelos type for next to nothing.

If Alfie goes in the summer we have a similar replacement problem but all-in-all it's good for us to see the back of Edouard.

Somebody better let Leicester know that Brenda is about to enter that phase where he typically undoes all the good work he has done in re-invigorating an already good team.

Gets them back up to a level of performnce but then starts to bring in his own signings and the wheels come off one at a time.

Edouard is good by SPFL standards. He's no Vardy.

It's because they want him for the first half of the season and because if they let it go to precontracts there's a chance he'll pick another side.

Also bear in mind that although they're not paying a transfer fee to the club, agents are ruthless now at exploiting that fact for a bigger weekly wage and a huge signing on fee so they're not saving all of what the transfer fee would be.
Still think paying a team £15m when an opportunity will arise to get the player for only a token amount, let’s say £3m, only 3-4months into the new season, will be something all teams will be looking at. The player himself will also be thinking he will get far more favourable deals with a pre contract deal, why would he not want to wait a few months.

I’ve said all along that he would be their only player that I could see strengthening out team. He would be a massive loss to them.

The way it is going they'll be lucky to get a combined 30 million for Edouard, Ajer and Christie. Considering those 3 are their only real cash cows left, that is dreadful.

How are they going to finance an entire squad rebuild (along with the board and backroom rebuild). This isn't just 4/5 players they need. The tims need 10+ players in the summer with atleast 6/7 starters (3/4 squad players). They aren't getting players of the quality of those 3 leaving for 2/3 million pound. Especially the way they spend 2/3 million (Klimala, Bayo, Shvied, etc).

This summer they need to sign atleast a GK, 2 RBs, 3 CBs, LB, CM, RM, LM, 2 STs. They have a dreadful recruitment process and even if they get a new one in place by the summer, they won't have time to properly scout and assess that many players before the season starts.

It's is going to be a very hard season for Timothy next season. I can't wait for all their pish about us being poor and them immediately bouncing back with ease to come back and kick them right in the baws.

I honestly don't think 90% of them realise how ridiculously hard it is to build a coaching, scouting and backroom structure. While having to rebuild a squad and having those players suit a manger's philosophy, play style and training methods. It takes 2/3 years, not one summer.

Wait 6 months they can sign him for nowt.
Exactly what I was going to say. At the very least, bringing him in on loan and just make sure there is a clause allowing them to send him back in January and then sign him on a bosman.

Being honest here they will struggle to replace him, he is a decent player when he applies himself. Can you blame him for chucking it under a snus chewing wreck?

They won't be spending £9m on another striker any time soon.

The way it is going they'll be lucky to get a combined 30 million for Edouard, Ajer and Christie. Considering those 3 are their only real cash cows left, that is dreadful.

How are they going to finance an entire squad rebuild (along with the board and backroom rebuild). This isn't just 4/5 players they need. The tims need 10+ players in the summer with atleast 6/7 starters (3/4 squad players). They aren't getting players of the quality of those 3 leaving for 2/3 million pound. Especially the way they spend 2/3 million (Klimala, Bayo, Shvied, etc).

This summer they need to sign atleast a GK, 2 RBs, 3 CBs, LB, CM, RM, LM, 2 STs. They have a dreadful recruitment process and even if they get a new one in place by the summer, they won't have time to properly scout and assess that many players before the season starts.

It's is going to be a very hard season for Timothy next season. I can't wait for all their pish about us being poor and them immediately bouncing back with ease to come back and kick them right in the baws.

I honestly don't think 90% of them realise how ridiculously hard it is to build a coaching, scouting and backroom structure. While having to rebuild a squad and having those players suit a manger's philosophy, play style and training methods. It takes 2/3 years, not one summer.
With the euros this summer to throw a further spanner into the works. They will also have an early qualifying campaign where they need to hit the ground running in July.

We've seen how difficult it is to get big numbers in. Add in a new coaching staff and director of football then it will not be easy.

if he does go there, they're in for a shock if they expect the pace and workrate that Vardy offers

It says a £15M deal. Not £15M fee. One word but a world of difference.

Considering they paid £9M for him and PSG are due a large sell on fee they'll struggle to make anything on him.

Only way they'll make any cash will be by adding their own sell on fee in this deal in the hope he moves from Leicester quickly and for big money.

According to the Fiddleboard, its Arsenal for £20m, or West Ham for £10m cash plus players. Even if they get £20m, it’s a profit of £6.6m, not bad, but not the massive return they foresaw.

We should calm down a bit. If we had £15m to spend, I'm sure we could get 4 or 5 decent players for that with the correct scouting. Hagi, Morelos, Itten, Roofe, Goldson and Barasic cost less than £15m combined and throw in Arfield, McGregor, Balogun and Wright as Bosmans and thats a competent team.
I don't expect them to recruit as good as that, but let's not go overboard.

According to the Fiddleboard, its Arsenal for £20m, or West Ham for £10m cash plus players. Even if they get £20m, it’s a profit of £6.6m, not bad, but not the massive return they foresaw.
All the more reason to shut him out in the two remaining games. Keeps the fee lower.

We should calm down a bit. If we had £15m to spend, I'm sure we could get 4 or 5 decent players for that with the correct scouting. Hagi, Morelos, Itten, Roofe, Goldson and Barasic cost less than £15m combined and throw in Arfield, McGregor, Balogun and Wright as Bosmans and thats a competent team.
Hopefully if they do get £15m, they choose to down the Duffy, Barkas and Ajeti route.

Thinking about it, their rebuild is going to be absolutely hilarious.
They need a new goalkeeper and an entire new back 4 if Ajer leaves with Julianne being out injured.
Brown is finished. Turnbull can't play 90 minutes. They've overhyped Soro. McGregor has gone stale.

If Edouard leaves then that leaves Ajeti Klimala and Griffiths.
Ajeti looks poor.
Klimala hasn't got it.
Griffiths will be in the gutter.

It's a good time to be a bear.

We have a real chance of dominating for the next few years if we can keep this squad together with only minimal sales of first team players.
It's all hilarious. They need to completely rebuild their squad with a new Chairman, not joining until July, who will have to recruit a DoF who will have to recruit a Manager. Then they can really start their recruitment. If they do it in another order then there will be mistakes/friction.

I think they will be lucky to get £10m, not because I don't think he is a good player because I think he is but he has 12 months left on his contract and wants out. He will down tools and force his way out.

Still it gives them £10m to spend.

Ideally they keep him and he is unhappy then leaves for free next summer.

It’s good news for us as without his goals this season then they wouldn’t be on second place. They will struggle to replace him with a player of the same quality and their recruiting of Irish themed names or Irish players isn’t cutting it.

As for the rest of their team all I can say is B-)

£12m after PSG get their fee. Then you have to consider that they are likely to post a £30m+ loss for this season and face the same the following season unless they can make sufficient player sales, luck their way to the CL (with a new squad, manager, dof, chairman, etc) or convince someone to sink money in to them.

Also, their recruitment has been horrible for a long time so even if they did reinvest the £12m it would be more likely to go on 2 Klimala's and a Barkas than anything decent.

40% of that will go to PSG lol

It will be 40% of profit.
They paid £9.2m for him, so if they get £15m, they will realistically only get £3.6m which they’ve probably paid him in wages.

The reality is that they aren’t actually making any money on him, which is quite hilarious.

Another interesting point regards their rebuild is the management team. As we learned they aren't cheap to hire/sack.

The hoardes still think this was all covid/TLB's fault. A brand new management team and several new first team players going up against our settled line up is unlikely (in my opinion) to do well. If they don't hit the ground running they'll be back in the car park and looking for another new guy which will cost even more cash

They paid PSG a loan fee for his original time there.

There’s the 40% sell on clause

They’ve paid the wages of a £9 million player

They are not making any money on this signing

On top of that he’s hardly burst a gut for them for quite a while.
Exactly. This can only be seen as a poor signing for them, value wise.

By the time PSG take a cut and the fee they paid for him originally is factored in they've more or less let him go for nothing.

They tried to act smart by not selling him last summer and it's bitten them on the backside big time.

On a side note French diddy will down tools now he knows he's leaving come the summer why risk an injury when he's desperate to get away?
This coud he the difference for 55.

Leicester need the back up as Iheanacho and Perez are a bit pish and have no one to back up Vardy who's well into his mid 30's now.

No doubt the first of many. Looking forward to them losing Eduoard (Pen), Ajer, Christie, the loan players and being left with the pish that makes up their squad. Add a terrible Brown still kicking about their midfield in front of a back 4 of Ralston, Welsh, Julien and Taylor in front of 3 pish goalkeepers who play team selection roulette every matchday!

New DoF and new manager trying to wheel and deal with the Euros is on and we're still in a pandemic and they have their wage bill to monitor and earlier CL rounds to navigate!

Might just be an epic start to next season. They will no doubt hound the new guys out the door if they fail to qualify for the CL and if we thought they were panicking this season, wait until a shaky start next season has them abusing their new manager before the schools go back!

Have a sneaking suspicion that Lawell didn't spend £ because of the board and not mainly because of him. Be interesting when the new rugby boy is labelled the same money hoarder because of mad Desmond keeping all the money!

15 million is chicken feed for a premiership side. So paying that out in july and waiting till the following summer for nothing doesn't make much difference to them.

I'll be glad to see the back of him very good player

On Twitter the tramps are in disbelief saying he will never go for that amount, do they not understand that come summer he will have 6 months left before he can sign a pre-contract for nothing. And he’s not going to sign an extension or go to a different club at a higher price out of loyalty, if he wants to go Leicester he can put his foot down and say accept it or I’m going nowhere. It’s player power these days and tbf iil be glad to see the back of him. If they don’t replace him like for like they’ll struggle next season as he constantly bails them out.

Leicester need the back up as Iheanacho and Perez are a bit pish and have no one to back up Vardy who's well into his mid 30's now.

No doubt the first of many. Looking forward to them losing Eduoard (Pen), Ajer, Christie, the loan players and being left with the pish that makes up their squad. Add a terrible Brown still kicking about their midfield in front of a back 4 of Ralston, Welsh, Julien and Taylor in front of 3 pish goalkeepers who play team selection roulette every matchday!

New DoF and new manager trying to wheel and deal with the Euros is on and we're still in a pandemic and they have their wage bill to monitor and earlier CL rounds to navigate!

Might just be an epic start to next season. They will no doubt hound the new guys out the door if they fail to qualify for the CL and if we thought they were panicking this season, wait until a shaky start next season has them abusing their new manager before the schools go back!

Have a sneaking suspicion that Lawell didn't spend £ because of the board and not mainly because of him. Be interesting when the new rugby boy is labelled the same money hoarder because of mad Desmond keeping all the money!

due to the gradual rebuild Stevie has done, we're looking at fine tuning & providing competition for places
example being CB - we had Worrell as 3rd choice and introduced Balogun to replace him with a massive improvement

they need to bring in at least 6 starters and given their record on recruitment, you'd bet on 2 at most being any good

IMO the three men they could build a team around are Edouard, McGregor & Ajer.

The french guy is deffo for the off and there’s rumours McGregor wants out too although I don’t know if that changes now Lennon’s away. There’s also talk of trying to get big bucks for Ajer.

Best of luck with what’s left.

Back