Edouard to Leicester for £15m - Daily Mail

If he’s going into last year of his contract why would you offer to pay £15M for a player you can get for Free, you would be offering substantially a lot less than £15M.
Because you may not want to lose out to another club stumping up. I can't see why people are taking so much interest in this. If it was about Morelos being sold on the cheap. The same people would be gufawing it. When did we start believing what's written in the red tops?

What is his record without the penalties?

Most of whatever fee they will get is only going to cover costs, they’ll need to sell more to have some sort of transfer fees for their new manager.

If he goes there, and they finish top four, wouldnt it be lovely for us to draw them in our CL group next season, giving Brenda and Eddie a skelping would have me pishing myself

celtic are an example why we should avoid building a high-wage team dependent on the money from getting into Europe.

Now they are not getting into the Champions League they are having to sell all their younger valuable players to balance the books financially.

They have lots of older high wage players (Brown, Griffiths, Forrest, Bitton and Rogic) on their books who they probably won't get a good transfer fee for because of their age, we should avoid that too. Players values tend to peak when they are around 26/27 years old.

Last edited:
Wasn't it stated by someone at Celtic that the fee was much lower than that?

Brendan Rodgers said it, im sure. It became fact because Lawwell had his poodles stick the "£9M" out there and as usual the idiots lapped it up.

The fee was actually £6M at the time "with clauses that could see it rise"

Isn't it 40% of the profit goes to PSG.
Could be wrong though.

If they paid £9m for him then flogging him to Leicester for £15million they are profiting £3.6m in that case.

Not quite the £40m Dembele dollaroos they were expecting. Shame.
Is it 40% of the profit? Or is it 40% of the sale price? If the sell on price to PSG is 40% of the sale price then it is £15m x 40% = £6m.

So in that case, they paid £9m and received £9m (£15m less £6m sell on).

Which means they made nothing!!

Now that would be funny.

The only logic I can see from that is it gets him off the wage book, and they would get any future sell on money. And they get £9m back into their cashflow.

KWQQdVp.gif

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say that without him they would be struggling to finish 2nd.

About 95% probability that whoever they bring in will be a downgrade and it’s unlikely they will have anywhere near the full amount to reinvest.

Realistically thats all they can get for him, 15mill is about right, he’ll have a year left on his contract come July. He’s carried them through a lot of games this season, lets face it he’s a good player, but nobody is paying any more than that given the current climate and the fact he’s only got 1 year left come the summer. They got lucky with Dembele who wasn’t worth the money they got and also with spotty face who Arsenal paid 10 mill over the odds for. After what they paid for him and paid his wages + psg’s sell on fee they‘ll be breaking even, lovely.

Excellent, weakens their squad massively and no major financial gains for them given his initial outlay, wages + PSGs piece of the pie. Just leave them with Diver Ajeti, a junkie and the polish guy. I suppose they still have the best player in Scotland R. Christie ....

£15million is a bit steep for a penalty taker in the last year of his contract?
Especially one that has never (unlike Alfredo), had experience of winning knock out ties in Europe. Can he play at a higher level as we’ve seen Alfredo can? I doubt it. If I were Celtic, I’d take the money and run.

Vastly overrated and hyped up by a compliant media beyond belief

His record in Europe is poor very poor for a player of his so called standard , compare it to Morelos’s and it’s woeful and we all know how much they rate Alfredo (not)

Scoring goals ( and a lot of them penalties) in Scottish football doesn’t make you worth millions

Again banging in penalties for the French under 21’s or scoring against some obscure other under 21’s team doesn’t make you worth millions

There has never been any stats to back up this £30 or £40 million valuation he had put on him hence the reason not a single bid had ever been made for him

He enters the last year of his contract next season so why would anyone pay £15 million for a player who can sign a pre contract in 9 months or so

The Tims are desperate for cash this is just paper talk by a friendly journalist

Remember it was only a matter of months ago Nitcham was touted by the usual suspects as a £15 rated player when he couldn’t get a regular first team game , look how that’s turned out

On another note , when Celtic were lording it over Scottish football and flopping badly in Europe against second rate teams over the past 5 years the press were never short of a headline that X player was worth £20 million Y player was worth £25 the list was endless

Funnily enough this Rangers team who are not only doing it in Scotland but also remain undefeated in Europe with some fantastic performances and results have yet to get a single headline that any of our players are worth “ funny money “

I wonder why that is eh !
His figures are without doubt enhanced by penalty’s , he has scored one more goal in league excluding pens , than Roofe and has played over 6 more games .

It makes no sense Leicestershire signing him early, wait and get him for nowt in a year, or nominal fee in January

The fat Frenchman got away with murder up here. He'll be a flop in England.

What did he get away with? I'm not saying I disagree with you, I'm just nosy.

(I have watched some of their games during the downfall but not enough to even notice him half the time).

Or do you just mean he isn't as good as made out?

Ideally the clown does his cruciate on the 21st and spends the next 9 months on the treatment table sucking a wage out of them before signing a pre contract with someone next January. The way this season has gone I'm fully expecting this to happen

What will be important to the dhims is money in the through the door.

40% of the circa £6m profit means £2.4M to PSG = £12.6M incoming.

They may of course still have some of the £9M transfer fee still to pay but after this length of time maybe not.

It is all about cash flow for them and I can't see anyone paying more than £15M if that is even true.

He is by far their best player though and he won't be replaced like for like unless they get lucky with a Morelos type for next to nothing.

If Alfie goes in the summer we have a similar replacement problem but all-in-all it's good for us to see the back of Edouard.
Not if we had a fit Roofe , but agree we need Alfie replacement .

Whether we try to pretend otherwise he has been a successful signing for them but the money they were after was laughable even in normal circumstances.

To replace Vardy ? No chance, Vardy works his balls off all game and has that angry,aggressive,competitive side to him and Eduoard is lazy skillful player who downs tools at any sign of a challenge.

I don’t believe they’ll get £15 fir him, maybe if he’s got 2-3 years on his contract. I said before if the sell in the dimmer they’ll be lucky to get their money back on him.

Not sure he is a Vardy type player who will run the channels and chase every cause!
Leicester could get better in my opinio.
Would not surprise me if he stays.

Not sure he is a Vardy type player who will run the channels and chase every cause!
Leicester could get better in my opinio.
Would not surprise me if he stays.
Who is a Vardy type player though? He is almost unique these days. Big picture is that they will (well could) have a major liquidity problem next season. No CL money, refunds for this season to contend with and will really struggle to sell out season tickets again. Without that money how do they attract decent players and the big name manager they need to sell season tickets? No chief exec in place either to do the planning. On the horns of a dilemma comes to mind.

Indulge me. :)

PSG get 40% of the fee greater than £9m.
So £2.4m.

Estimated 20% cut of fee to Agent and Edouard. £3. 0m.

Less Vat at 20% (£15m) = £3.0m.

Therefore.
£15.0m
Less £2.4m PSG
Less £3.0m Edouard
Less £3.0m VAT
Left £6.6m

Duffy £2.0m loan fee
Duffy £0.5m Wages
Court Fees £?.?? TBC

And they kept him only to get the "Ten".

Absolutely glorious.

That's good news. £15m minus the 40% of profit to PSG is only £3.6m profit. Considering they really need two strikers and not one they really have a very hard task of replacing him.

I’d really like to see the actual break down on this. It’s like ping pong allegedly went for “£11million”. That was, unless I’m mistaken the value of the deal in total including his salary over the contract length. So how much cash are the lying 19th Century Terrorist bastards actually getting up front? £2-3m?

Pretty sure they have £25 million to pay this year for their current transfers. That £12.4 million will put a dent in that but it won’t be used to help the massive rebuilding job they need to do.
Whatever new manager comes in he’ll have to do a rebuild with free transfers and loans.
I believe we’ll see 56 and 57 before we get a proper challenge.

A few posts from kerryfail, one saying if he had the choice between Edward or Hooper he'd choose Hooper, another saying its Rangers fans that's made up the 40% clause. They're in so much turmoil, fking love it B-D

So essentially a 3 million profit on a 9 million signing.

Hahahahaha.

That is all.

I’d slso factor n the fact that they’ve had the benefit of being able to field a very good footballer for 4 seasons; like it or not, IF they get £15m, the vast majority of that sum will show on the scum’s balance sheet.

They really need him gone before the end of the current reporting period to mitigate what’s coming financially.

Is his goal scoring record any good without pens?
7 penalties this season and 5 goals against Hamilton in a tally of 16

It’s hardly prolific but the media are spinning it as 16 goals in 24 starts , what they fail to mention is his 7 penalties and an opening day hat-trick against Hamilton

When you break it down and look at his goal stats they are far from impressive

His displays in Europe over the past 3 years have been disappointing as his goal records show

He’s a good striker in Scottish football, that’s all ....

Thinking about it, their rebuild is going to be absolutely hilarious.
They need a new goalkeeper and an entire new back 4 if Ajer leaves with Julianne being out injured.
Brown is finished. Turnbull can't play 90 minutes. They've overhyped Soro. McGregor has gone stale.

If Edouard leaves then that leaves Ajeti Klimala and Griffiths.
Ajeti looks poor.
Klimala hasn't got it.
Griffiths will be in the gutter.

It's a good time to be a bear.

We have a real chance of dominating for the next few years if we can keep this squad together with only minimal sales of first team players.
I reckon realistically barisic, Kamara and Alfie will be most likely to go but it would be 2 of the 3 if it's this summer. I have no doubts at all that there are replacements scouted and identified for every one of our squad. If replacements are decent it shouldn't be a problem.

I’d slso factor n the fact that they’ve had the benefit of being able to field a very good footballer for 4 seasons; like it or not, IF they get £15m, the vast majority of that sum will show on the scum’s balance sheet.

They really need him gone before the end of the current reporting period to mitigate what’s coming financially.

Read this balance sheet patter twice today. Balance sheets can be played with to show a manner of things. Trophies are won on the pitch not in the boardroom. If they cun*s want to have a nice looking balance sheet so be it, they are loosing a talented player and despite what the balance sheet says it won't add much to their ability to spend on their squad.

As much as I hate them, I think he’s a good player, yes Timmy vastly over rate him as he’s yet to do it in Europe at the top level, but he’s quality and they will be severely weaker when he goes. Will be a very good move for him to go to a progressive club like Leicester. My cousins are Leicester fans and they would like him to sign for them.

The mentally challengeds are so fu cking thick moaning about that reported fee being too low.

Only got themselves to blame for not cashing in when he never had any intention of signing a new deal.

The gamble has backfired spectacularly on them, but to be fair, even with his questionable attitude, their season would have been even more of a car crash without his goals.

He is their best player and if he is to leave especially at not too overly a high price minus the PSG percentage then they will struggle to replace him with someone at the same level

Edouard and Frimpong were their best players which a decent manager could build a team around. They will not be able to replace that quality and will probably sign Kevin Nisbett or players of that standard. The future is blue.

Back