Eduard v Alfie - price tag

Hard one this. Alfredo is quicker better agility and finishing is just as good apart from when he lets stuff get to his head. Edouard is younger pretty quick and more relaxed but hasn't been successful in Europe. I'll judge it after another season between them both but price tag might be higher for edouard due to the age unfortunately
Not sure he is quicker ? it's one area I think he is lacking

Edouard is an excellent player, no doubt about that.

But so is Alfie, no doubt about that either.

It’s a mixture of discipline and dodgy referees that hold Alfie back.

Well they do play their part when they make it headline news and completely ignore similar acts against the player himself. Was there ever really any mention of Lego raking his studs down Morelos’ achilles before he lifted his hands and got himself sent off? Or the various sly kicks and punches from opposition players throughout Scotland looking to provoke a reaction?

Nope, none at all. To read about it you’d have had to have come on this forum. Now Morelos isn’t blameless at all, he clearly has to learn to control his impulse and walk away, but the media are absolutely to blame for helping to encourage this sort of nonsense, they’re so one sided over it, it’s ridiculous and them and the officials/compliance officer all turning a blind eye to those provocations is a big part of what pours petrol on the fire and encourages players to chip away at him knowing full well they’ll get away with it and Alfie absolutely won’t should he retaliate.

Wasnt Brown called "really clever" for that? Then contrast that to Alfie accidentally clipping Julien and Sutton screaming about how "naughty" it was

The narrative has been set regarding Alfie. If it was me and i had no attachment to the club, id have demanded a move ages ago

I'm sure that when other clubs enter into negotiations regarding a transfer fee for one of Rangers' players, in this case, Morelos, they will automatically low-ball the offer because they are all too aware that the club's financial situation is such that they will be more prone to make a deal. Whereas with the yahoos, the perception is that they are in a more stable situation financially, and are not therefore under the same duress to accept a deal that in their view doesn't match their valuation of the targeted player.

They're both worth what anyone is willing to pay for them.

What I would say is the EPL is awash with forwards like Edouard, but there's not many as physical and all action as Alfie, and some team will pay big money for that when that asset is aligned with some of the top class finishing he displayed in the Europa League.

Wasnt Brown called "really clever" for that? Then contrast that to Alfie accidentally clipping Julien and Sutton screaming about how "naughty" it was

The narrative has been set regarding Alfie. If it was me and i had no attachment to the club, id have demanded a move ages ago

Yeah it was a farce to be honest. The only player out there who could rake an opposition players achilles and have it laughed off. If roles were reversed and Alfie did the provoking you can guarantee he’d have been banned by the CO before he got out the stadium.

Why do people not realise that outside Scotland people will only really class 4 games a season as big games ? If he doesn't score against them then he'll be marked down for it whether you agree or not.

Also you are talking bollocks with your examples, Aguero has scored a few against Liverpool and the Rush comment ? just behave
Mistaken about Aguero, what I should have said was he has never scored at Anfield, as for Rush, what do you mean ? Liverpool record scorer has scored 3 goals in 31 games against Man Utd, and as for Alfie I think people outside of Scotland would look at his goals in Europe before any against any team from here (including them)

giphy.gif
I should have said he's never scored at Anfield

I think it’s got more to do with how much he cost them so they think he should be valued more!!
When alfredos scored so many big goals in Europe why would O.F goals effect the value so much absolutely None sense, the league not rated so Euro goals are valued more.
so imo he’s worth more than Eduard based on that.

Mistaken about Aguero, what I should have said was he has never scored at Anfield, as for Rush, what do you mean ? Liverpool record scorer has scored 3 goals in 31 games against Man Utd, and as for Alfie I think people outside of Scotland would look at his goals in Europe before any against any team from here (including them)
WHat I mean about Rush is Man U were pish in his first stint, he scored plenty against Everton who were their main rivals for most of his time (25 according to Google). It's a nonsense comparison when there are bigger teams in the league

He has played against no one in Scotland. We have been under strength as a team and up against since we came back to the top division.

Last season is the closest we have ran them until we shat the bed again from January. Rogic Et al have been swanning about in a one horse race for god knows how many years. Look how bad it’s gotten when guys like Lego is being championed as a better player than Barry Ferguson.

From what I’ve seen of him he is slow and when pressured by good players disappears from the game. It’s easy to look good against the Scottish dross who don’t display anywhere near the same level of aggression and effort against Celtc.

Just another over rated guy in an ordinary league in the same category as the thumb.
Thats like saying then that Kent, Morelos et al are also over rated playing in an ordinary league?
The celtic players, like it or not, have made some remarkable milestones both during our absence and our presence.
Griffiths is a c*nt of a guy, literally! Yet anywhere within 25 yards of goal I fancy him to score regardless of the opposition.
Forrest alone scored and assisted more than our entire midfield.
Christie and Mcgregor both have ability as well.
To deny that is just folly.
Based purely on their ability, and not their wankish personalities (or Forrest predator tendencies) we would take players of their ability in our squad no question.

There’s arguments for both being better than the other.
They are also two different types of player.

Edouard doesn’t have the same disciplinary draw-back and he has a knack of scoring in the old firm games. This is were Morelos, so far, has struggled.

Morelos leads the lone striker role and bullies defenders much better than Edouard and has also proven to be red hot in european fixtures.

Look at how shite the players they have sold have been. Armstrong doesn't get a game for Southampton, Tierney has been injured the whole time and will be pish anyway. Their best player Sinclair doesn't even get a game for PNE. Patrick Roberts and Dumbele are shite as well. And I don't believe for a single minute they got over 10 million for chcolate hips or dumbele.

The whole transfer thing is skewed by the money sloshing round the EPL. Clubs ask for millions for very ordinary players.

I hope we can keep Alfie another year and he bursts the net against they horrible basterts to shut them up...

Personally, I'd take Alfredo every day of the week.

On his day, Morelos can dominate an entire defence. We have seen him do it many times, including against quality European opposition and against that mob from across the city.

The young man is an absolute powerhouse and strikes the ball beautifully. Some of the goals he has scored, at European level, against quality opposition, have been of the highest standard.

I believe the market will decide Morelos' value, and it will decide that he is worth plenty.

I'd still prefer him to stay at Rangers of course. He's absolute quality in my opinion.

Last edited:
No potential buyer of morelos gives a flying fukk if he’s scored against the scum. He’s scored in europe against far better sides than them.

This scenario highlights the area both clubs are in due to the corrupt relative recent history of the infested scottish league and society,

I doubt if both players were sold that they would miss Edouard as much as we would miss Alfie,

this is the reason why Stevie G has to be given a lot more time,

most things on here are fuckin ridiculous or just shite from poets

They're both worth what anyone is willing to pay for them.

What I would say is the EPL is awash with forwards like Edouard, but there's not many as physical and all action as Alfie, and some team will pay big money for that when that asset is aligned with some of the top class finishing he displayed in the Europa League.

spot on Alfie is very different - when you look at that useless Mc Birnie getting sold for £15m Alfie worth double that.Eduard looks a bit soft to me.

Look at how shite the players they have sold have been. Armstrong doesn't get a game for Southampton, Tierney has been injured the whole time and will be pish anyway. Their best player Sinclair doesn't even get a game for PNE. Patrick Roberts and Dumbele are shite as well. And I don't believe for a single minute they got over 10 million for chcolate hips or dumbele.
I like to think what separates us from them is that we're honest and realistic. Armstrong's been one of Southampton's better players since the turn of the year. Biscuit hips has taken some time, but he looked pretty good the last game for Arsenal.

Because for all Alfie’s qualities it’s his weaknesses that let him and us down. He can’t score against them, he’s inconsistent and he clearly has temperamental issues.

He has all the attributes to be a £20m+ striker easily but he really needs to work on those areas of weakness.

Odd how people talk about Morelos letting us down, but don’t also mention him single handedly dragging us through an incredible European run that’s above and beyond what any one of us could dream of.

I like to think what separates us from them is that we're honest and realistic. Armstrong's been one of Southampton's better players since the turn of the year. Biscuit hips has taken some time, but he looked pretty good the last game for Arsenal.
In terms of being realistic I was the one person on here saying he would go to Arsenal while everyone else was saying it was just propaganda. I just don't believe the fee. And a couple of games will show Tierney for what he is in my opinion. Shite.

Thats like saying then that Kent, Morelos et al are also over rated playing in an ordinary league?
The celtic players, like it or not, have made some remarkable milestones both during our absence and our presence.
Griffiths is a c*nt of a guy, literally! Yet anywhere within 25 yards of goal I fancy him to score regardless of the opposition.
Based purely on their ability, and not their wankish personalities (or Forrest predator tendencies) we would take players of their ability in our squad no question.
You’re missing the point completely. We have been under strength in comparison to them due to finances. They have been able to buy superior players and have not come up against similar ability in Scotland.

The tide is starting to turn with that as was shown in games last year and even the previous year. McGregor and Christie have been anonymous in these games due to the improvement in the quality of our players. As for thumb, you really are having a laugh. How has he performed in Europe? Like a fucking donkey and bottle merchant. Couple of free kicks against the magnificent Joe Hart and scoring in Scotland does not make him a feared striker. McGregor and Christie have been found wanting when playing for Scotland.

Everyone of them has had the luxury of playing inferior and less talented players since 2012. Our teams were an abomination against them but what could we do when we couldn’t buy a better quality of player. You can then factor in the corrupt officials (last season was disgusting from the cup final to the game at the glitter dome, against the sheep and the assaults on the Hivs players that went unpunished) we are swimming against the tide massively, in fact it would probably be easier to push water uphill.

Remarkable milestones, really, they have had it easy, the only time they fucked up was employing delia. They went for the cheap option, if they didn’t they would probably be on 6 quadruples. Their achievements mean nothing, they are hollow, embarrassing one horse races and as soon as we start to get close, the cheating increases to monumental standards.

With the language you use to describe them you seem to be a bit of a fan boy which I find somewhat strange.

As for Kent and Morelos, Kent is scoring and performing against the strongest and your best team in the league whilst Alfie was joint top goal scorer in the Europa league. Strange how you dragged them into this talking them down whilst ignoring what I have just said about them yet you mention you fancy thumb scoring against anyone form 25 yards!!!!

Rangers fan?

Anyone pretending Edouard is not a fine player is either blinkered or at it. He is an excellent forward. But anyone saying Morelos isn't is also blinkered or at it.

Edouard:
The best finisher in the league.
Strong physically and clever.
Excellent pace.
He scores in Europe and consistently domestically.
Can be anonymous in some games if not given the ball.
Poor workrate.
Scores plenty but often against weak opposition with a stronger team.
No discipline issues but no real passion.

Morelos :
A good finisher, though he could improve, sometimes a bit rash.
Decent pace.
Very strong, low centre of gravity.
Much better off the ball than Edouard.
Far far better workrate.
Superior in the air despite being smaller.
Can be too fiery and have self-imposed discipline issues, although pre-determined attitudes from referees (Europe as well as domestic strangely) doesn't help.
Scored consistently in what was 1st season a poor team, 2nd/3rd seasons a good team.
European scoring record is exceptional.

Valuations?
Hard to compare.
The perception of those cunts and the tainted titles/CL games helps them, as does their media friends.
While Morelos gets barely concealed racism from the press.

I believe they will get £20m for Edouard, as they did for Dembele, and I think he is worth that. He will go to play, like Dembele, at the top level.

I see no reason why Morelos can't go for a similar price, clubs should be understanding now that the 'Rangers skint' narrative is very out of date.

Last edited:
None of those players would get near our team for me. If we played with wingers Forrest maybe but he's not a patch on Hagi or Kent. The only players I rate from them is Forster (wouldn't get in ahead of McGregor) and the guy Ntcham who is the only one who would be in the Rangers team imo, which is strange because he hardly even gets in the Celtic team.

I do find it interesting that Edouard is generally considered to be the better finisher yet at the higher level (Europa League) Morelos has proven to be far more ruthless and clinical.

I do find it interesting that Edouard is generally considered to be the better finisher yet at the higher level (Europa League) Morelos has proven to be far more ruthless and clinical.
Considered by who? How people can compare then is bizarre to me. Edouard does nothing but just knows how to shoot and score, when teams lie down to them. He's a decent goalscorer by Scottish league standards. Morelos has everything and more. I won't list his attributes as its been done already, but he could terrorise any defender, and he's got the pace and physicality to do it at the top. Edouard will get found out anywhere else. He's slow and lazy.

Edouard will get found out anywhere else. He's slow and lazy.

Call him what you want, but Edouard's not slow and lazy. That's just deluding yourself. Is he better than Alfie? I don't know, it's pretty close anyway. But until we win the league again our players will go for less. Clubs pay prime price for proven winners who can deliver throughout a full season. Edouard was fairly consistent last season, while Morelos disappeared after the Old Firm. Scouts notice things like that. Hopefully Alfie stays for next season and shots us to the league title and leave for a hefty sum this time next year.

Considered by who? How people can compare then is bizarre to me. Edouard does nothing but just knows how to shoot and score, when teams lie down to them. He's a decent goalscorer by Scottish league standards. Morelos has everything and more. I won't list his attributes as its been done already, but he could terrorise any defender, and he's got the pace and physicality to do it at the top. Edouard will get found out anywhere else. He's slow and lazy.

Read through the thread. Even amongst bears it seems to be a common opinion. As much as it’s nauseating to see the extent to which some are licking his arse on here, I think you’re severely underrating him.

Anyway, on league form I can kind of see it though I still see people talking as though Morelos wastes lots and lots of chances which isn’t accurate at all. But at the higher level in the Europa; Morelos has been utterly clinical and absolutely blown Edouard away, not only grabbing more goals but scoring technically superior goals too.

Anyone pretending Edouard is not a fine player is either blinkered or at it. He is an excellent forward. But anyone saying Morelos isn't is also blinkered or at it.

Edouard:
The best finisher in the league.
Strong physically and clever.
Excellent pace.
He scores in Europe and consistently domestically.
Can be anonymous in some games if not given the ball.
Poor workrate.
Scores plenty but often against weak opposition with a stronger team.
No discipline issues but no real passion.

Morelos :
Decent pace.
Far far better workrate.
Can be too fiery and have self-imposed discipline issues, although pre-determined attitudes from referees (Europe as well as domestic strangely) doesn't help.
Scored consistently in what was 1st season a poor team, 2nd/3rd seasons a good team.

Valuations?
Hard to compare.
The perception of those cunts and the tainted titles/CL games helps them, as does their media friends.
While Morelos gets barely concealed racism from the press.

I believe they will get £20m for Edouard, as they did for Dembele, and I think he is worth that. He will go to play, like Dembele, at the top level.

I see no reason why Morelos can't go for a similar price, clubs should be understanding now that the 'Rangers skint' narrative is very out of date.

I think that’s a very reasonable summary.

The issue we could have however is if Alfie is insistent that he wants away this summer.

Easier said than done of course if no one actually bids for him - we had the same situation twelve months ago where the transfer window came and went without any firm offers - but, if someone does and offers a low bid (let’s say for the sake of argument around the £10-12m mark) and that’s the only one on the table when we’re holding out for a lot more (I think it’ll be about £18m) do we reject it and run the risk of being lumbered with a player who’s made it clear he’s had his fill of Scottish football?

At the same time however, we can’t be seen to be easy touches if we want the buy low / sell high model to work. £12m would represent a huge return on our original outlay, but he’s worth more than that.

It’s vital we get top dollar for him in order to make a statement to other suitors looking at our players that they can’t expect to get them on the cheap, but it’s a tricky situation that will tell us a lot about Ross Wilson’s credentials in this area.

You’re trying too hard

The whole "hasn't scored against celtic" thing is a load of absolute rubbish btw, in recent years we've had Josh Windass, Joe Garner and Daniel Candeias score against them. That didn't suddenly inflate their transfer value by 5-10 million quid. The only people who truly seem to be bothered by him not scoring against them are folk who perceive it as some sort of stick that we can be beaten with. I'd rather take his insane goal tally in Europe over a goal against them if I'm perfectly honest.

You’re missing the point completely. We have been under strength in comparison to them due to finances. They have been able to buy superior players and have not come up against similar ability in Scotland.

The tide is starting to turn with that as was shown in games last year and even the previous year. McGregor and Christie have been anonymous in these games due to the improvement in the quality of our players. As for thumb, you really are having a laugh. How has he performed in Europe? Like a fucking donkey and bottle merchant. Couple of free kicks against the magnificent Joe Hart and scoring in Scotland does not make him a feared striker. McGregor and Christie have been found wanting when playing for Scotland.

Everyone of them has had the luxury of playing inferior and less talented players since 2012. Our teams were an abomination against them but what could we do when we couldn’t buy a better quality of player. You can then factor in the corrupt officials (last season was disgusting from the cup final to the game at the glitter dome, against the sheep and the assaults on the Hivs players that went unpunished) we are swimming against the tide massively, in fact it would probably be easier to push water uphill.

Remarkable milestones, really, they have had it easy, the only time they fucked up was employing delia. They went for the cheap option, if they didn’t they would probably be on 6 quadruples. Their achievements mean nothing, they are hollow, embarrassing one horse races and as soon as we start to get close, the cheating increases to monumental standards.

With the language you use to describe them you seem to be a bit of a fan boy which I find somewhat strange.

As for Kent and Morelos, Kent is scoring and performing against the strongest and your best team in the league whilst Alfie was joint top goal scorer in the Europa league. Strange how you dragged them into this talking them down whilst ignoring what I have just said about them yet you mention you fancy thumb scoring against anyone form 25 yards!!!!

Rangers fan?
Just because I have a grip on reality doesn't mean I am not a Rangers supporter (not a fan).

I appreciate the talents of the players regardless of their employer or demeanours.

Just because I have a grip on reality doesn't mean I am not a Rangers supporter (not a fan).

I appreciate the talents of the players regardless of their employer or demeanours.
You don’t have a grip on reality, very easy to say whilst ignoring every counter argument I’ve provided you with. You’re also a pedant with your supporter comment.

Now Celtc players that I would have taken : Larsson, Lambert, Moravcik (real quality footballers) From their asterisk years (you term them remarkable achievements), Dembele and Edouard.

You don’t have a grip on reality, very easy to say whilst ignoring every counter argument I’ve provided you with. You’re also a pedant with your supporter comment.

Now Celtc players that I would have taken : Larsson, Lambert, Moravcik (real quality footballers) From their asterisk years (you term them remarkable achievements), Dembele and Edouard.
They can only defeat whats in front of them.
the days of Larssons, Laudrups etc al is long gone.
As for the argument at hand.
Would I have McGregor or Davis in my team purely on ability? Mcgregor for me.
Kamara or Christie... Christie for me.
Jack or Brown - Jack for me.
Hagi or Rogic - Hagi based on what I have saw so far.
Its hard to draw a direct comparrisons with Kent/Forrest as Kent is being played out of position.
On sheer ability it has to be Kent, on performance (again hard to draw direct comparison but Forrest has contributed far more to his team over the last 2 seasons than Kent has to ours.)

We have a better defence for me, with the exception of Ajer who I think is a good player.
Better GK as well in Mcgregor.

Read through the thread. Even amongst bears it seems to be a common opinion. As much as it’s nauseating to see the extent to which some are licking his arse on here, I think you’re severely underrating him.

Anyway, on league form I can kind of see it though I still see people talking as though Morelos wastes lots and lots of chances which isn’t accurate at all. But at the higher level in the Europa; Morelos has been utterly clinical and absolutely blown Edouard away, not only grabbing more goals but scoring technically superior goals too.
I think he's skillful and got quick feet but he doesn't really use it to any great effect. And he can finish, but not as well as Morelos. Not sure how that's underrating him but fair enough.

Call him what you want, but Edouard's not slow and lazy. That's just deluding yourself. Is he better than Alfie? I don't know, it's pretty close anyway. But until we win the league again our players will go for less. Clubs pay prime price for proven winners who can deliver throughout a full season. Edouard was fairly consistent last season, while Morelos disappeared after the Old Firm. Scouts notice things like that. Hopefully Alfie stays for next season and shots us to the league title and leave for a hefty sum this time next year.
I'm not saying he is slow in a 100m race but I think he sort of saunters about and doesn't put much effort in unless he's got the ball. I think people think he's good because he's got fancy feet at times. But he won't get away with that anywhere else. A striker is a striker not a number 10 unless your Brazilian Ronaldo which he certainly isn't.

You’re trying too hard
Tell me what's incorrect about what I said? Let me guess Tierney has suddenly transformed into a decent player since he left Scotland off the back of a couple of games? But he will get found out. Armstrong does get a game now because of injury but i don't think he's scored a goal. He's actually one player from then I thought was decent. The rest are overrated shite in my opinion.

I think that perception is typically because people dont see the chances Edouard misses every week. People make the mistake of thinking Alfie is the only one who misses chances. Alfie does typically finish with power, but he is capable of clever finishing too, see Porto and Young Boys games where he uses clever controlled finishing in high pressure situations

Morelos :
Decent pace.
Far far better workrate.

I definately agree that Morelos is physically stronger. (He's an absolute powerhouse in fact.) As you note, he has a very low centre of gravity, as well as hyper-developed glutes and lower body (plus a lean upper body), which makes him an intimidating prospect up-front. All of his power comes from the ground up, which is the way it should be for a modern-day footballer in my opinion. A lot of that is genetics, and some of it is hard training. He was born to be a dominant centre-forward in my opinion.

If he moves on, it should only be for an appropriate fee, which I believe should be in the 20-25m bracket (at least) for a player of his physical and technical quality. Players like Morelos do not come along every day. If the club does not receive an appropriate offer, then I'd like to think he will remain at Rangers. (On that note, I hope Alfredo realises that he is already at a big club -- certainly one of the biggest in the UK and Europe.)

Last edited:
Back