EFL Season suspended indefinitely

Interesting with players being out of contract etc come 1st June.
I honestly think they have to bite the bullet and scrape this season and look towards a shorter 20/21 season.
If thay also means no european football next season so be it.
The appetite for football is waining every day with people dying and losing jobs etc

EFL 2019/20 SEASON SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY
The EFL have agreed to suspend the current season "indefinitely" as a response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Women's Super League and Women's Championship have also been put on hold until further notice.

A League statement said: "The situation will be kept under constant review with matches only returning at an appropriate point and based on the latest guidance provided by the relevant Government departments and health authorities."

And there it is. Matt Hancock should have kept his trap shut publicly and concentrated in his own role in the “government response“ fiasco

Hardly a difficult decision to make in the circumstances. But I doubt we’ll see a similar statement from the idiots running our game

The only way forward is to declare it null and void and start 20/21 season in the late summer autumn.

Id be gutted if i was a liverpool fan however finishing this season just isnt going to be possible.

And there it is. Matt Hancock should have kept his trap shut publicly and concentrated in his own role in the “government response“ fiasco

Hancock was asked a direct question during a live briefing and gave an honest answer.

The players have yet to agree to a 30% cut the PL are only discussing it with them.

That’s were it is at the moment.

Hancock was asked a direct question during a live briefing and gave an honest answer.

Ahh. 100,000 tests by the end of the month I seen that - very honest.
I understand the government have enough to deal with wading through some false scientific advice they have been given. It is just my opinion, he will be media trained & he could have diverted the direct question easily - it’s not his remit as the health secretary to pass comments from his podium on it when clearly behind the scenes Clubs are working with players to put together a package to contribute to the NHS. I thought it was inappropriate at that point myself.

And I think he is a dick, with his “shout outs“. It was all a bit crass, yes take the opportunity to thank people - but his manner in doing it would have been quite comical if not for the severity of the situation.

Back