Eintracht Frankfurt legal adviser slaughters Sevilla

I don't do 'second teams' but will hold a soft spot for Frankfurt. Their fans I met were class and like us follow in big numbers. I was sat next to a few on a train back to Jerez and they kept apologising for winning as they knew how much it hurt us. No singing or gloating out of respect. Quite surreal actually.

I don't do 'second teams' but will hold a soft spot for Frankfurt. Their fans I met were class and like us follow in big numbers. I was sat next to a few on a train back to Jerez and they kept apologising for winning as they knew how much it hurt us. No singing or gloating out of respect. Quite surreal actually.
Exactly the same as the guys in our hotel.

"We complained wildly and we have followed it up in the strongest possible terms.

"The water deliveries were far too small. A kiosk was open for five minutes and then supplies were gone. And we found out the same thing happened on the Rangers side

" UEFA have promised to report on it. What happened was completely against the spirit of the association.

"All that prevented a far worse situation from developing was a lot of luck and the discipline of the fans.

"Fans were dehydrated and some had to drink extremely unhealthy water in the toilets. Even that became impossible because of a burst water pipe.

"As organisers, UEFA takes overall responsibility, but I believe Sevilla FC are responsible.

"It was all extremely dangerous to their health.

"It was already clear to us that the cause of this was not directly with UEFA, but with the service providers involved. In this case, a stadium operator, or Sevilla FC.

"They simply did not fulfil what was officially promised and recorded in the meetings in the morning of the game and two days before.

"Despite very clear indications of the temperatures and the conditions, they failed in the anticipated need for water and drinks."
Aye, but Rangers are pyoor bad losers. (Ra Sellick fans 2022)

All we ever hear about is "UEFA take over the stadia" - the blame lies with them for several things:
  1. Venue was half the size and capacity it needed to be based on the size of both fanbases.
  2. Venue infrastructure overall not at an adequate level to host top tier European football events. Let's not beat around the bush the upper tiers are a death trap.
  3. Venue catering facilities inadequate for top tier European football events overall, and I mean before you consider the soaring temperature.
  4. If 3 is not valid, and the facilities are generally adequate, then the planning for catering facilities was inadequate or not executed properly.
  5. Access to the venue was either poorly planned, or plan was not executed, see fans being kettled in (with the soaring temperature), items being confiscated that were pre-approved, and refusal of entry around pre-approved fan arranged tifo and displays.
The blame lies with UEFA, they knew the stadium is a shit hole with inadequate facilities, they done nothing about it and approved the stadium for use in a European final.

Neither Rangers nor Frankfurt will publicly blame UEFA as they know UEFA will apply fines or some other punishment to the Clubs.

For context, I was in one of the fanzones where entry was organised, ticketing was organised, thorough search took place but never heard anyone having things stolen from them, and there was plenty water (and other food and drinks) for circa 20,000. The venue was safer than the stadium and the security / police were present but looked generally happy to be there and mingled with the crowd (taking photos of groups etc...). I saw 2 people being chucked out and I won't go into but if I acted in the way they did I'd expect to be turfed out.

Point 1 would be the only one I'd disagree with on it's own if it weren't such an antiquated shithole - you can't take away the final from a stadium based on travelling support numbers at short notice as you don't know what clubs are going to be involved until after the semi.

UEFA should have 100% done a risk assessment on the stadium this time last year and removed it from Sevilla as it's clearly not fit to host a European final.

Could be mistaken but don't UEFA take control of the stadium beforehand for their cup finals and Euro Championship venues. If that's the case then it's solely UEFA's responsibility.
Yeah I would have thought so too,............... under the auspices of UEFA, as they are quite happy to take over an event for their tournament final , they would be responsible for paying the costs of policing LOL first aiders etc. as well as an event Insurance should there have been any fatalities under their watch/responsibility.

Does the Toytown Parliament have a Foreign Minister who should be taking this up on behalf of Scottish citizens.......no I won't hold my breath either,

The SNP's John Swinney is too busy up on his hooves at Holyrood slagging off Murdo Fraser for " skiving off " to watch us in Seville.

According to Timothy in the comments on the Heralds on line article Sevilla are now saying fans attacked the Kiosk staff who were valiantly trying to restock the outlets with water.
Probably Timothy making up more pish but it wouldn’t really surprise you if Sevilla resorted to this kind of lie to cover up their incompetence.
One of the coppers guarding the closed kiosk on the far left of the Rangers end said to me in broken English at HT the kiosk was closed because "Rangers fan. Robbery" and just shrugged. I pleaded with the tosser for a plastic cup to get tap water and he just growled and put his hand on his baton.

Then 2 woman came out pushing a grey trolley with Heineken in it and folk were grabbing cans out it and the cunts waided in batons drawn.

The whole setup was a shambles but we really don't help ourselves at times. Even if some idiot did bump a beer or whatever it didn't justify the inhumane treatment of the rest of us. That stadium was an absolute shitehole.

Spain should never be allowed to host another final, their poor organisational skills, their contempt for fans and their thuggish police force should see them excluded.

"We complained wildly and we have followed it up in the strongest possible terms.

"The water deliveries were far too small. A kiosk was open for five minutes and then supplies were gone. And we found out the same thing happened on the Rangers side

" UEFA have promised to report on it. What happened was completely against the spirit of the association.

"All that prevented a far worse situation from developing was a lot of luck and the discipline of the fans.

"Fans were dehydrated and some had to drink extremely unhealthy water in the toilets. Even that became impossible because of a burst water pipe.

"As organisers, UEFA takes overall responsibility, but I believe Sevilla FC are responsible.

"It was already clear to us that the cause of this was not directly with UEFA, but with the service providers involved. In this case, a stadium operator, or Sevilla FC.

"They simply did not fulfil what was officially promised and recorded in the meetings in the morning of the game and two days before.

"Despite very clear indications of the temperatures and the conditions, they failed in the anticipated need for water and drinks."
Just damming. A German lawyer standing up for us more than our own custodians and media/politicians etc have ever stood up for us.

I'm sure if you were sparked out cold by 10 punching into you then you'd have a different view. They are liberty takers and you're an apologist.
To a man and woman every EF fan I met were brilliant. You expect everyone to take your point of view because some of their scum acted, well like scum do? I agree those who suffered will hold a different view, but those of us who didn't have deep respect for Eintracht Frankfurt.

The Apologist.

I'm sure if you were sparked out cold by 10 punching into you then you'd have a different view. They are liberty takers and you're an apologist.
Bore off. I'm an apologist because I spent 3 days in Seville, encountering Frankfurt fans plenty of times, and didn't see the slightest hint of trouble? Aye ok then.

To a man and woman every EF fan I met were brilliant. You expect everyone to take your point of view because some of their scum acted, well like scum do? I agree those who suffered will hold a different view, but those of us who didn't have deep respect for Eintracht Frankfurt.

The Apologist.
#ApologistFootballClub

Some of them did kick fųck out of some of our fans but aye they're sound as a pound
come on!

I presume you are talking about the 20 or so who went for us, and then only 5 threw a few chairs and a few probably threw a punch?

Or was there other mass kickings that were missed?

50k frankfurt fans, a few threw a few punches and a couple of dozen acted like arseholes.

I'm willing to make an assumption that frankfurt fans, like bears, are generally spot on

Point 1 would be the only one I'd disagree with on it's own if it weren't such an antiquated shithole - you can't take away the final from a stadium based on travelling support numbers at short notice as you don't know what clubs are going to be involved until after the semi.

UEFA should have 100% done a risk assessment on the stadium this time last year and removed it from Sevilla as it's clearly not fit to host a European final.

The city of Seville got ready for 100,000 Bears and however many tens of thousand Frankfurt fans with 2 weeks notice.
If a City can organise and prepare for a sporting event then the governing body of the sporting event should have, at least, the same level of organisation.

I think a bit of common sense needs to be applied with the stadium selection with 2 or 3 options on the table.
If it ends up with Clubs who are known for small / medium / large travelling support in the final - with 2 weeks notice from the semi-final - then the correct venue would be chosen.

Last night, at another showcase final, only 4000 fans from each side got to see their team. You're talking about supporters who may never get to see the team they love at that level of football or that far into a tournament again with tens of thousands missing out. It's a joke.

It must be the only sport in the world where no logic is applied to the choice of arena, and zero care is given towards the fans.

All comes do 1 thing - UEFA being c*nts.

wrong target mate , i have messaged the SLO twice since the final in which he replied and so has a lassie from the ticket office asking for details .......they're doing what they can
Incidentally I bumped into Greg in the ground and he was in "civvies" looking for a seat in the same area as me. So he certainly wasn't being treated any better than us.

Last edited:
The city of Seville got ready for 100,000 Bears and however many tens of thousand Frankfurt fans with 2 weeks notice.
If a City can organise and prepare for a sporting event then the governing body of the sporting event should have, at least, the same level of organisation.

I think a bit of common sense needs to be applied with the stadium selection with 2 or 3 options on the table.
If it ends up with Clubs who are known for small / medium / large travelling support in the final - with 2 weeks notice from the semi-final - then the correct venue would be chosen.

Last night, at another showcase final, only 4000 fans from each side got to see their team. You're talking about supporters who may never get to see the team they love at that level of football or that far into a tournament again with tens of thousands missing out. It's a joke.

It must be the only sport in the world where no logic is applied to the choice of arena, and zero care is given towards the fans.

All comes do 1 thing - UEFA being c*nts.
That seems reasonable. Seville as a city done well organising a couple of stadiums at short notice to beamback for supporters of both teams who couldn't get tickets.

Sevilla FC and UEFA are 100% to blame - RSP not fit to host a Euro final and UEFA really should do more to accommodate those in the city not going to the game - they make plenty of money from the fanzones etc so it's in their gift.

After reading this thread, I'm thinking that a few brown envelopes went to the UEFA officials in order to ignore the state of the stadium and 'award ' the final to Seville based on they have won the competition a few times.
Disgraceful a big final should be played in a dump.

Questions must also be asked of Spanish Plod removing bottles of water from fans entering the stadium as well as sunscreen that would have acted as a barrier to the sun dehydrating fans in the first instance.
So a burst pipe just happens on the day of a cup final just like a BIG SCREEN crashing on a cup final day coincidences? or ordered by someone.
I wasn't at the game, but given that 40000 others were, and they were scrambling about for water, has anyone actually seen any proof of this "burst pipe" that shut down an entire stadiums supply?

neither. How many of that group of fans were actually involved in going towards the rangers fans? Cant be bother counting, but cant be a huge amount more than 20, maybe 30?

I may have low balled the folk launching stuff (fists and chairs), but here wasnt many.

It just looks worse because there was a large group behind them.

Not that its acceptable or right.

But I wont tar a whole support by the actions of the tiny minority

Wonderful to see a club vociferously defend their fans in this way.

Also provided facilities at home for fans who weren't travelling so they could watch together.

Where as in Glasgow....

Clueless or at it? A €2.50 bottle of water was eventually €5, allegedly.
I can vouch for that. Few beer sales, so we’ll jack up the water price. They expected us to hoover the beer not the water. Clusterf@ck of an operation.

My (Celtic supporting ) son in law said Seville in 2003 was similar, very warm and hardly any water available.
He said finals should be played in Germany because they would ensure supplies, decent policing and guaranteed transport after the match for every fan. Can't argue with that, especially the transport side.

The only thing I take from that is you quite obviously failed at parenting your daughter.

Lucky they are not facing a manslaughter charge!

One of the coppers guarding the closed kiosk on the far left of the Rangers end said to me in broken English at HT the kiosk was closed because "Rangers fan. Robbery" and just shrugged. I pleaded with the tosser for a plastic cup to get tap water and he just growled and put his hand on his baton.

Then 2 woman came out pushing a grey trolley with Heineken in it and folk were grabbing cans out it and the cunts waided in batons drawn.

The whole setup was a shambles but we really don't help ourselves at times. Even if some idiot did bump a beer or whatever it didn't justify the inhumane treatment of the rest of us. That stadium was an absolute shitehole.
The toilets at the bit I was in looked new. Way better than Ibrox anyway but last time I was in that seville statium they had us pissing in portaloos :)

Ground in general was shit

Interesting. I normally hate this whole “snow flake” (or whatever they call it) complaint route but I’m a relatively young guy who deliberately didn’t get too drunk beforehand and I was close to leaving the stadium before the end to get a drink. It was fucking horrible.

Exact same boat. I would go as far to say I was one of the best hydrated fans in the ground going in but I was absolutely gasping and I could see my boy was fucked and needed a drink.

Our problem always has been, and seems always will be, blazer chasers.

Greg Marshall is just another one of those folk. What qualifies him as a proper SLO is utterly beyond me. Cronyism at its finest.
Don't know the guy, but one person whether it be the present incumbent, you or I, Mark Dingwall or one of the Hand and Handers will always be pissing in the wind if the infrastructure is not up to the job and proper procedures in place.

In saying that, not one of us, sitting here on the eve of the match thought to bring up the subject of water not being availabe for those in the stadium.

Its quite obvious seville fc couldnt handle a big occasion like the europa final , the facilities were a joke , even the fanzone set up was a joke stuck under some motorway underpass , i think UEFA really need to do due dilligence on venues before selection a host city , the whole thing has probably soured it for a lot of people

Start by hosting finals in cities with 21st century water supplies for a start.

Incidentally I bumped into Greg in the ground and he was in "civvies" looking for a seat in the same area as me. So he certainly wasn't being treated any better than us.
Don't let that get in the way of the blame somebody, anybody mob.

There's posters on here who will critisice the club at every opportunity, deserved or not. Some with an agenda I feel.

It’s absolutely astounding that there was so little water available at a major sporting event. Can you imagine that happening at any other sport or entertainment event?

Not a fcuking chance. Once again it’s football fans being treated like cattle. UEFA are very happy to charge premium fees, yet run it like it’s still the 1970’s. Seville should rightly shoulder some of the blame, but for me, UEFA are ultimately responsible. It’s their tournament ffs.

Spain should be disqualified for their scum police alone, never mind the facilities. And in a city with 30+ degrees temp, free water for every supporter in the stadium should be a minimum.
Has anybody posted their experience at the other fan o/flow ground - re facilities, view of screen etc?

According to Timothy in the comments on the Heralds on line article Sevilla are now saying fans attacked the Kiosk staff who were valiantly trying to restock the outlets with water.
Probably Timothy making up more pish but it wouldn’t really surprise you if Sevilla resorted to this kind of lie to cover up their incompetence.
there was an altercation at half time in the frankfurt end in the concourse, i was in neutral section s13 and was in the concourse.
the police baton charged the germans in the concourse as they were battering the shutters on the kiosk.

I am sure I read somewhere that they broke rules re standards of facilities at the game, and that if they had a class action raised upon them UEFA would lose and be forced to refund the fans for tickets.
Obviously face value only, but this is what will make them take note not just moaning about it

Barcelona city coped with far bigger crowds for the Grand Prix last weekend. Big crowds aren’t a problem if you plan properly. Seville city authorities, Sevilla FC, Guardia Civil and Andalucian local police, UEFA didn’t give a f..fig for the fans. All they wanted was the spectacle. It’s a miracle nobody died but we’ve read about folk returning with gastric problems as a direct result of drinking unsafe water. I just hope that everybody fully recovers.
Check twitter mate #spaingpchaos

that was a shambles as well, people standing in 2 hour bus ques in the sun with no water post race. I had a couple of clients there said it was poorly organised

Last edited:
Have Sevilla FC themselves given any explanation for the fiasco? I’d love to hear it.

Have Sevilla FC themselves given any explanation for the fiasco? I’d love to hear it.

Aye said they didn't expect as much demand for water (%^*& knows why they thought this) and made up lies about our fans attacking staff members to get water.

Back