Eintracht Frankfurt legal adviser slaughters Sevilla

It’s a throwback to the rave scene of the 80s and 90s. Used to turn off the water so you would have to buy it. Doing it in Seville in that heat though is just wrong. Anything to make a euro.
It was turned off at the end when all the kiosks were closed. It was to get us away from the stadium ASAP.

"We complained wildly and we have followed it up in the strongest possible terms.

"The water deliveries were far too small. A kiosk was open for five minutes and then supplies were gone. And we found out the same thing happened on the Rangers side

" UEFA have promised to report on it. What happened was completely against the spirit of the association.

"All that prevented a far worse situation from developing was a lot of luck and the discipline of the fans.

"Fans were dehydrated and some had to drink extremely unhealthy water in the toilets. Even that became impossible because of a burst water pipe.

"As organisers, UEFA takes overall responsibility, but I believe Sevilla FC are responsible.

"It was all extremely dangerous to their health.

"It was already clear to us that the cause of this was not directly with UEFA, but with the service providers involved. In this case, a stadium operator, or Sevilla FC.

"They simply did not fulfil what was officially promised and recorded in the meetings in the morning of the game and two days before.

"Despite very clear indications of the temperatures and the conditions, they failed in the anticipated need for water and drinks."
We should put on a united front in formal representations to UEFA.

Would be great to see a joint legal action against UEFA re this. Hit them in the only place they care about, their pockets.

UEFA / Sevilla should be liable for ticket refunds to all spectators as a minimum.

Barcelona city coped with far bigger crowds for the Grand Prix last weekend. Big crowds aren’t a problem if you plan properly. Seville city authorities, Sevilla FC, Guardia Civil and Andalucian local police, UEFA didn’t give a f..fig for the fans. All they wanted was the spectacle. It’s a miracle nobody died but we’ve read about folk returning with gastric problems as a direct result of drinking unsafe water. I just hope that everybody fully recovers.

Its quite obvious seville fc couldnt handle a big occasion like the europa final , the facilities were a joke , even the fanzone set up was a joke stuck under some motorway underpass , i think UEFA really need to do due dilligence on venues before selection a host city , the whole thing has probably soured it for a lot of people
Speaking of that motorway underpass, a lot of buses etc just dumped people off there and told them to be back straight after the match, that was fine for those going to the other stadium and auditorium screenings as it's right beside them. Those going to the actual match the stadium was miles away and faced a struggle to get back in time with extra time and penalties, I just made it back by the skin of my teeth and an understanding driver who came and found me.

I’d like to see Rangers and Eintracht Frankfurt working together on this and putting pressure on UEFA. With a German club also affected then there is a stronger voice.

The entrance processes at the stadium wee not fit for purpose with police confiscating items that fans were told were permitted; the provision of food & drink inside the stadium was not fit for purpose, and the turning off of water inside (at least) the Rangers end of the ground is something that someone at UEFA, police and/or Sevilla FC should have to come out and explain.

There are significant enough grounds for formal complaint.

UEFA dish out fines at every game making thousands if not millions in cash for zero effort. Will they dish some of that back? I doubt it! An utterly despicable organisation.

The fact that they were trying to restock the kiosks rather than just handing water out for free shows that whoever was stage managing things on the day was absolutely clueless.

Clueless or at it? A €2.50 bottle of water was eventually €5, allegedly.

It’s a wonder nobody fell seriously ill either with dehydration or sunstroke due to the weather conditions the stadium was a shite heep dangerous and not fit for a normal game of football let alone a European final Uefa and Seville have to take the blame for a complete lack of due care for supporters it really was horrendous conditions for all the people in the stadium/shite heep

Speaking of that motorway underpass, a lot of buses etc just dumped people off there and told them to be back straight after the match, that was fine for those going to the other stadium and auditorium screenings as it's right beside them. Those going to the actual match the stadium was miles away and faced a struggle to get back in time with extra time and penalties, I just made it back by the skin of my teeth and an understanding driver who came and found me.
We were the same, marched an 11 year old and a 16 year old about an hour right after the game to catch a bus when they were already tired and dehydrated.

I’ve felt guilty since I’ve been back for what they went through.

According to Timothy in the comments on the Heralds on line article Sevilla are now saying fans attacked the Kiosk staff who were valiantly trying to restock the outlets with water.
Probably Timothy making up more pish but it wouldn’t really surprise you if Sevilla resorted to this kind of lie to cover up their incompetence.

People are rightly having a go at seville fc ,aye you areaybe correct but at the end of the day UEFA are in control of that stadium and everything else ,it's on their shoulders

My (Celtic supporting ) son in law said Seville in 2003 was similar, very warm and hardly any water available.
He said finals should be played in Germany because they would ensure supplies, decent policing and guaranteed transport after the match for every fan. Can't argue with that, especially the transport side.

To put this into perspective. My mate goes home and away with the scotland national team and has done for over 20 years. He said the time scotland played in Alicante a few years ago there was free water being handed out left right and centre both inside and outside the stadium.
All we had was Hankook Tires with daft hats.

"We complained wildly and we have followed it up in the strongest possible terms.

"The water deliveries were far too small. A kiosk was open for five minutes and then supplies were gone. And we found out the same thing happened on the Rangers side

" UEFA have promised to report on it. What happened was completely against the spirit of the association.

"All that prevented a far worse situation from developing was a lot of luck and the discipline of the fans.

"Fans were dehydrated and some had to drink extremely unhealthy water in the toilets. Even that became impossible because of a burst water pipe.

"As organisers, UEFA takes overall responsibility, but I believe Sevilla FC are responsible.

"It was all extremely dangerous to their health.

"It was already clear to us that the cause of this was not directly with UEFA, but with the service providers involved. In this case, a stadium operator, or Sevilla FC.

"They simply did not fulfil what was officially promised and recorded in the meetings in the morning of the game and two days before.

"Despite very clear indications of the temperatures and the conditions, they failed in the anticipated need for water and drinks."
Good news.

According to Timothy in the comments on the Heralds on line article Sevilla are now saying fans attacked the Kiosk staff who were valiantly trying to restock the outlets with water.
Probably Timothy making up more pish but it wouldn’t really surprise you if Sevilla resorted to this kind of lie to cover up their incompetence.
They did say that.

It is and was a lie.

I said immediately after the final Spain shouldn’t be allowed to host a major final agin until they show they can police it correctly and provide a safe and supporter friendly environment. I say this as someone who loves the country, they are decades ahead of us in most things now but this isn’t one of them.

All we ever hear about is "UEFA take over the stadia" - the blame lies with them for several things:
  1. Venue was half the size and capacity it needed to be based on the size of both fanbases.
  2. Venue infrastructure overall not at an adequate level to host top tier European football events. Let's not beat around the bush the upper tiers are a death trap.
  3. Venue catering facilities inadequate for top tier European football events overall, and I mean before you consider the soaring temperature.
  4. If 3 is not valid, and the facilities are generally adequate, then the planning for catering facilities was inadequate or not executed properly.
  5. Access to the venue was either poorly planned, or plan was not executed, see fans being kettled in (with the soaring temperature), items being confiscated that were pre-approved, and refusal of entry around pre-approved fan arranged tifo and displays.
The blame lies with UEFA, they knew the stadium is a shit hole with inadequate facilities, they done nothing about it and approved the stadium for use in a European final.

Neither Rangers nor Frankfurt will publicly blame UEFA as they know UEFA will apply fines or some other punishment to the Clubs.

For context, I was in one of the fanzones where entry was organised, ticketing was organised, thorough search took place but never heard anyone having things stolen from them, and there was plenty water (and other food and drinks) for circa 20,000. The venue was safer than the stadium and the security / police were present but looked generally happy to be there and mingled with the crowd (taking photos of groups etc...). I saw 2 people being chucked out and I won't go into but if I acted in the way they did I'd expect to be turfed out.

Interesting he does not blame UEFA which means he's been told not to blame UEFA.
Exactly. Even a team from the so-called Big 5 leagues has to tread carefully to avoid upsetting UEFA. There's a reason his statement is at pains to avoid blaming UEFA, and it isn't because UEFA aren't to blame!

It’s a miracle no one was killed last week in that shithole of a stadium

UEFA are culpable as they organise the event and select the venue for the final

I’ve completed the FSE survey and it’s good that Frankfurt are going after UEFA

Rangers should do the same

UEFA have already admitted there was an issue but their half hearted apology wasn’t good enough

I paid €150 for a category 1 ticket in the UEFA ballot

UEFA failed in their duty of care to ensure fan safety and fan well-being by not ensuring their stadium partners had sufficient supplies and personnel to deal with the fans

The weather forecast was known well in advance so UEFA have no excuses

I’d support a class action against UEFA as they failed to ensure we were safe

Also that stadium is not fit for purpose either. An absolute death trap

They must’ve had about half a dozen SLOs and club officials in their concourse helping fans and answering questions.

We’re miles off it.

I saw at least 4 Rangers staff who were not Greg working in and around the stadium to assist fans.

Interesting he does not blame UEFA which means he's been told not to blame UEFA.

‘Blame’ is a litigious word. Until it’s investigated properly, the default lays with the party contracted to provided water sales to fans, in this case, Seville FC.

Seville can of course push back and say that they fulfilled their contractual obligation and if that was the case, the ball falls in UEFAs court.

‘Blame’ is a litigious word. Until it’s investigated properly, the default lays with the party contracted to provided water sales to fans, in this case, Seville FC.

Seville can of course push back and say that they fulfilled their contractual obligation and if that was the case, the ball falls in UEFAs court.
I'll bet my mortgage absolutely no blame lands at the feet of UEFA.

Our club are taking this up on our behalf and as frustrating as the lack of comms at times can be i hope they are as forceful with it as Frankfurt seem to be.

Ive filled in the FSE survey and passed on my comments in writing to the SLO. Ive also forwarded on to my MP and the secretary for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport who have indicated a willingness to take this up also

Formal complaint against the host club and UEFA?

Should retroactively disqualify them and award trophy to the runners up...

I wonder if the UEFA delegates at the game had a comfy seat, great view, top notch food and plenty of water and alcohol?

Fans were treated terribly and in a dilapidated dangerous venue, how on earth does that stadium meet the supposed 5 star criteria etc?

They must’ve had about half a dozen SLOs and club officials in their concourse helping fans and answering questions.

We’re miles off it.
All I've seen from us is a questionnaire link to a UEFA sponsored poll. Frankfurt are doing what Stuart Robertson should be doing. We need a director responsible for fan welfare including how to encourage our fans to work with the club on displays and seating far more effectively. The biggest thing done so far fir 150 is the UB organised display at Ibrox. It's amateurish. Frankfurt are acting like a proper corporation and putting their customers front and centre.

Sevilla did lie about that and the Tims as usual flood every discussion with that lie.

I don’t have any issue with them. They’re fans are loyal and they support their club in big numbers. The fans I met before and after were genuinely first class. Sore one for us but can’t hate Frankfurt.
Why would anyone hate frankfurt?

Back