Eintracht Frankfurt took out a full page ad in the Daily Record today

I honestly hope we draw them in the Champions League and that way they can experience Ibrox and the real atmosphere we are famous for and we can experience theirs. Plus, it'd be the best draw we could get, potential pot3 with them, a big name and a low end pot4 team and I'd be pretty confident of qualification.

Really starting to develop a soft spot for Frankfurt. Their fans and their club (apart from the arsehole director who slagged our lack of noise) have been absolutely brilliant.

Part of me wishes they get Celtic in the CL draw and hope the green lot then annoy their fans about this before they go to Germany. Although maybe a tougher draw is better.

Have Rangers responded on social media to this?

And in the correct language! :))
We play in the manner football should be played, fair and honest, with effort and passion. I suspect Jimmy was a bigger part of that than many of us realised, but that tradition is respected by all our European opponents.

Would be tremendous if we get them in the group stages.

Because they’ll be the worst team in pot 1.

Wont Barca be in pot 1 too?

Because EF shagged them over two legs. Unless, of course, Barca dip further into their gargantuan debt to improve.

I find this totally weird tbh.

Screams of a Celtic “oh love us please”

Constant replies / official tweets and now this?

Just say it once and move on.

Maybe just me but no chance they do this if they lost
RBL did it after losing

I’m sure Braga were tweeting about Rangers after losing

It is nice to be shown respect as a football club out with this cesspit, hateful shitehole that is Scotland. We have more in common and more of a relationship with Frankfurt, Braga etc than any other club in Scotland.

Long may it continue!

RBL did it after losing

I’m sure Braga were tweeting about Rangers after losing

They tweeted once correct.

Not countless tweets, replies on Facebook and now newspaper advertisements?

Bit much but each to their own

Perhaps we would of.

Well they are the classical “every team has to love us” aren’t they?
The difference is, that they beg for everyone to love them, whereas we don't and yet it seems that we are still loved. Isn't that brilliant?
Dortmund, Braga and now Frankfurt all seem to really appreciate us as a club and support. We haven't begged them to, they just do.
The Tims beg for this type of rapport with other clubs.

Result aside, there’s been a lot of vindication for us this week. Streak of piss president aside, Frankfurt have shown themselves to be a real classy outfit. I for one will be wishing them every success going forward (unless of course they meet us again).

Last edited:
Remembered this post I made in the run up to the game. Kinda sad it came true, but I just had a feeling this was going to be a different kind of challenge to the glamour names we faced before.

The majority of their fans are a class act and I'd rather lose to them than a Leipzig/Barca whatever who couldn't care less about the tournament in the grand scheme of things.

I agree that celtics love us attitude is laughable, but we seem to be too far in the opposite direction. We have a hate us hate us attitude.

Can’t we enjoy some good PR for once?

After the game I was in seville airport, seen there was lots of German flights on the board leaving at same time as Glasgow ones and thought aww here we go.

Couldn't have been more wrong, no shouting or singing, no throwing fans faces in it. Just genuine fans travelling to see there team and once the game was done in the stadium treated opposition fans with respect.

A superb gesture from Eintracht. Really classy club, it was a match worthy of a final and the coverage both clubs received is well deserved.

The nicety’s, however, should end now. The match is over, Frankfurt we’re a worthy winner in the end and we have been very gracious in defeat. It’s over now.

It’s nothing like that. They actively go around Europe looking to formulate “special relationships” with any big and/or historic club they play. The claim to have a bond with every side they meet (the same season they they had their tongue up Barcelona’s metaphorical arsehole they were also claiming special ties with Villarreal), and none of it is organic, it’s all fabricated by their board and their orc fans.

We haven’t done anything to try and invoke any sort of positive response from the likes of Frankfurt, the respect we’ve been shown has come about organically, which is great. We don’t need to try and give these clubs a reach around in the hopes they’ll be our friends and say nice things about us.

One of the boys I was there with is the type of guy who talks to everyone so he was chatting to a lot of the Frankfurt fans.

Few of them said they're used to being the kinda dominant support wherever they go and said that they'd never seen anything like the numbers of bears that travelled. They seemed really impressed by it.

Generally a friendly bunch from my experience.

A superb gesture from Eintracht. Really classy club, it was a match worthy of a final and the coverage both clubs received is well deserved.

The nicety’s, however, should end now. The match is over, Frankfurt we’re a worthy winner in the end and we have been very gracious in defeat. It’s over now.

Just wait till tomorrow there will be another tweet either congratulating or commiserating us

Agree with you - let it be it’s over now

After the game I was in seville airport, seen there was lots of German flights on the board leaving at same time as Glasgow ones and thought aww here we go.

Couldn't have been more wrong, no shouting or singing, no throwing fans faces in it. Just genuine fans travelling to see there team and once the game was done in the stadium treated opposition fans with respect.
I was exactly the same. Was flying to munich and thought it might be a nightmare but all I seen was happy but dehydrated people with absolutely no nonsense.

Back