Eintracht Frankfurt took out a full page ad in the Daily Record today

easy to be magnanimous when you've just won a major european trophy, not that we'll ever find out what that's like

Suspect they will be. So you’d rather draw Barca than EF?

A difficult choice.

It'd be nice to draw EF and right some wrongs, but I'd love the chance to head to the Nou Camp too.

If we're in the position to draw either, I'll be delighted as we've qualified for the CL!

Fair points

I just think it’s a bit much. Tweet it once and move on

They will be looking to arrange friendlies and testimonials next

Not everyone see's a tweet and it takes no effort, they've gone to the bother of taking out a full page in a Newspaper to show Rangers respect, sorry but you've got a bee in your bonnet about %^*& all here.

So what if they want to play us in a friendly?

Your posts on this thread are ridiculously stupid.

Class.

Strange to say this as they beat us but I feel we’ll have a special relationship with them now. I’ll look out for their results.

That's real class. I thought their support did really well on the night and all through tue-thur were all pretty decent fellows.
Dont think i'll ever where a white top ever again though!

Fair play to them, they seem a classy club, with genuine fans and a good history.

Maybe a pre season game will happen in the future.

Still fucking gutted though.

That must have been a sickener for the Record editors

Do they publish a good news advert for Rangers, or turn the money down?

The Germans are normally good sports and show respect.
They didn't have to do that, so fair play to them for a classy gesture.

Their fans (except the few ultras that tried to start trouble) in Seville were great. Both sets of fans behaved and mingled in the build up to the game and on trains and planes and bars. In the mixed section i was in there was no rubbing it in, aggression or disrespect, they sang their stuff, we sang ours, we celebrated, they celebrated and before i left the stadium i shook hands with several that had been around me and they said well played, you were very unlucky. I was also stopped a few times at Madrid airport and offered commiserations by guys who said they hope we meet agin in next seasons Champions League.

I'd much prefer that atmosphere than fighting in the stands (would have been people killed in that death trap if it had kicked off) and both sets of fans rampaging around and smashing up a foreign city

Last edited:
Any good publicity for us in the European arena is appreciated as far as I’m concerned. The more the merrier.

We’ve got European footballs attention again. Which is nice.

Germans just love their football and appreciate a proper big club like us with an incredible fan base.

Hope we draw them in the CL next season. Mainly because I'd fancy our chances and also to welcome them to Ibrox.

You know after meeting a lot after the game and stuff like this I have taken a liking to them.

I've taken a liking to them.

Their fans I met were class.

Braga and Liepzig also classy and Dortmund too, especially Bellingham.

Just shows some of the utter trash we face in Scotland with certain clubs directors comments re us not so long ago yet proper clubs give us due respect.

Not that I'm craving an everyone loves us mentality as the moonhowling twats own that

I find this totally weird tbh.

Screams of a Celtic “oh love us please”

Constant replies / official tweets and now this?

Just say it once and move on.

Maybe just me but no chance they do this if they lost
Embarrassing post, so many reasons for you to delete it.

Suspect they will be. So you’d rather draw Barca than EF?
Pot 2 for Barcelona.

Here’s how it stands as it is. I believe which pot we would potentially end up in depends on which Italian team goes in pot 1, i.e who wins Serie A. If it’s Inter it would be pot 3 for us, if AC it would be pot 4 . Also Ajax could go into pot 1 if Real Madrid win the CL or Liverpool win the CL and the League, I’ll assume they do.

If pot 3 - I’d take Eintracht ( full page ad or not), Arsenal / Spurs, Bruge or CL4.

If it were to be pot 4, Eintracht, Arsenal / Spurs, Sporting.

Just have to get through those qualifiers.

Last edited:
I think the hatred we've experienced domestically in the last ten years especially has maybe conditioned us to think all opposition fans are scum when in fact outside of this hate filled country there are normal football fans who know their stuff and respect our history and tradition. There was a genuine feeling of great respect shown by their fans after the game on Wednesday. I was sitting in a bus stop waiting for my taxi when they were leaving the ground and loads of them came over and comiserated with us. The messages from EF since then say to me that they were honoured to have been involved in a big occasion with us and that is fine by me.

Back