Ejaria - Gedion Zelalem Mark II?

He seems to be playing deeper and deeper as the weeks pass and he is the one player in our team who can play that telling pass so get him further upfield and let the likes of Jack, Couli, Rossiter, McCrorie do the donkey work.

In terms of ball rentention and overall ability i still think he's a stand out in the squad, he needs to do it more consistently though.
That telling pass? He has 1 assist to his name. Are these telling passes back to the defenders?

No wonder hes not as hes bloody hopeless. Jaded? Nope he just not very good. Get Haliday in the middle he wont prance about thinkin hes thd next Pirlo and better than everyone else with daft wee flicks and wee circles with the ball. Zelalem had a wee bit of steel about him Ejaria is a shitebag.
Utter nonsense that he is a shitebag,I have seen him put in pleanty of challenges and in most games so far most players trying to force him off the ball have failed.yes he hasn’t been at his best recently but he is stronger than his build suggests

I didn’t say you can. That’s something you’d need to tell the guys signing and playing him.

Majority of the time when you loan a player in, you get an unfinished product who’s here to make the mistakes, learn and is going to be inconsistent.

I never said that you said you can. I made an additional comment on your post. Aye, I'll give the management team a wee phone, sure they'll want to hear the thoughts of punters on a messageboard.

That's true and in the majority of the time in recent years, those loan signings have struggled to maintain the necessary consistency to make their loan spell a success at Rangers, especially in the middle of the park.

I’ve seen enough of Ejaria to think he’s still got a lot to offer us this season.

But he is in a poor run of form, can’t deny that.

Reactions: TQ3
He's neat and tidy, but just doesn't contribute enough. Barely scored and barely any assists. It's not enough for the role he plays imo.

Sometimes looks like a player and then others he looks like he could barely trap a bag of cement, he spent most of Wednesday hiding behind an Aberdeen player,

o_O

What does this even mean?
My reading of that post is he suggests Gerrard has a black and white choice, keep or bin, now!
He’s here for a year and this might simply be a form issue which, if so, he’ll come out of a better player.

He’s 21. Whether we like it or not, he’s here to devolop, he’s going to be inconsistent.

Liverpool don’t want a player who’s not the finished article, they want him being inconsistent elsewhere.
And here lies the problem with young on loan player's being put out to nurture their careers

Where is this attacking flair player that he's meant to be? He doesn't take anyone on. He was doing an old James Milner role, running along the half way line passing sideways or back to the defence. For too long he has been started and produced nothing. He either plays as an attacking midfielder, or play someone like Halliday that at least knows what it's all about.

No wonder hes not as hes bloody hopeless. Jaded? Nope he just not very good. Get Haliday in the middle he wont prance about thinkin hes thd next Pirlo and better than everyone else with daft wee flicks and wee circles with the ball. Zelalem had a wee bit of steel about him Ejaria is a shitebag.
Don’t be so vulgar and stupid.
It’s no way for any Rangers fan to describe any Rangers player.
Maybe, you’re not a Rangers fan though.
The rest of your post is absolute crap as well.

Seems off form and playing within himself.

Physical games don't suit him, he's still young and learning.

Gerrard said we'll need to show patience with him. When he's hit form this season he's been excellent and he's stepped up more often than not.

Let's lay off the scapegoating. It's not helpful.

He has been woeful from day one. Tbe onky people backing him are the same ones that have backed every young acadamy player we have had on loan. They just say and think he is from such and such a club so he must be good.

He must be the slowest player i have ever seen.

But with the Liverpool connection we better get used to seeing him.

Where is this attacking flair player that he's meant to be? He doesn't take anyone on. He was doing an old James Milner role, running along the half way line passing sideways or back to the defence. For too long he has been started and produced nothing. He either plays as an attacking midfielder,

or play someone like Halliday that at least knows what it's all about.
Talk about zero to hero!
I’ve no problem with this but, there was a reason Halliday wasn’t in the frame initially and why nobody wanted him as a central midfield player.
Halliday has done well under Gerrard but, do we really think he’s the answer for centre midfield?
This not withstanding that he is a totally different type of player from Ejaria.

Pros - Great feet, can keep possession in a tight space

Cons - No sign of being able to produce a killer pass / doesn't score or shoot often / doesn't look to be able to dictate pace of the game / wins a fair few tackles, but not a 'ball winner' / can literally go into hiding behind defenders.

If he was our player, it might be worth persevering, but not enough there to take up a place in our current XI to develop them for someone else.

Looks like he could be a really good player, but I doubt he'll amount to much if he doesn't get his arse into gear gear pronto! He's 21, so not a youngster anymore, despite what many say.

Next European & OF game will be pretty good markers of his chances of making it at a big club.
To thoses saying that the Scottish game might be too fast for him, but he'll be a top player.........that implies that Scottish football is better than the rest of Europe.......well we all know that ain't so.

Think he has decent ability, put a superb ball in from the right wing at Tynecastle 2nd half for Morelos.

Seems to try some of the tricks in the wrong area.

Would like to see him commit to getting in the oppos box more often and getting more shots away

You're a shitebag

Guy runs on quicksand, he actually made dominic ball look decent on wednesday. For a central midfielder thats meant to get forward his assists and goals leave alot to be desired tbh. Id like to see rossiter get a start in there, the wee man was superb against hibs in that shambles of a 5-5 game. Excellent run forward and tidy finish with essentially 0 minutes on his clock. Talks people through the game, wants to be a leader on the park telling people to focus and keep the head. Give him a start against dundee.

The more i see this boy the more he makes me think of Zelalem. Not doubting that hehas loads of technical ability. A neat and tidy player, but is missing that cutting edge to really be a top footballer, no drive, no X factor.

we have too many water carriers.
I was thinking exactly this yesterday. I don’t honestly think he offers much more than what zelalem done.

Too many fancy turns rather than just finding a pass

knew he didn't have the bottle at Parkhead when he literally jogged behind Rogic running 40yards through our midfield for their goal.

any decent footballer would have brought him down and taken the yellow. Ejaria acted like his bloody pacemaker.

Cut the guy some slack.

He is a terrific player who alongside some others their form has dipped.

Not surprising as he has been in the side near enough every week since he came to Ibrox, he hasn’t played at the same intensity or demands on a weekly basis.

Enjoy the guy while he is here.

He's better than Wee Zaleem, but then I never rated him whatsoever.

Not convinced Ejaria has what it takes to become a top player. I suspect his long term future is as an inconsistent, decent Championship player.

Zelalem played against teams like Alloa and Hibs in the first Division.

Ejaria has looked perfectly at home playing in the Europa League.

As an aside the talents Ejaria has do help open teams up, in general we have opened up stuffy sides at home….we do have quite a good home record and have scored plenty of goals you know.

He can hold the ball, take it in tight positions he does the things you expect from a modern player in terms of technical talents – taking the ball, pirouetting on it etc – it does afford other players time to join the attack in numbers and build attacking phases and positions we will actively work on rather than it just all being guess work.

Some of the comments I've seen about the boy recently have been nothing short of disgraceful to be honest. He's going through a sticky patch at the moment but people forget he's a young boy, he's played 25 first team games already this season when he had played about 12 games in his career before coming to us! Of course he's going to have some sticky patches.Over the course of the whole season, he's been one of our best players.

He's massively rated at the club all the players think he's going to be a top, top player and they train with him every single day.

Arfield, Jack and Ejaria is our best combination in midfield.

The thing which infuriates me about Ejaria is, his inability to stay on his feet, how many times does he stumble or look as if he is going to fall in his arse?

As I have commented a number of times, he flatters to deceive. He`s not for me and I think we have better on our books.

He may well become a very good player, in fact he almost certainly will be.

However, his performances of late have just not been good enough and he needs taken out the team.

We're essentially fined when we don't play him though which is something I'm just not comfortable with.

Ejaria is shit of form and likely suffering from a form of fatigue.

A part of the process of becoming a player is surely to learn the fitness load of becoming a player, he is playing oft and in high intensity games of football.

He has plenty talent and attributes, he is a good pivot of play, keeps the ball moving and tends to do it in limited touches while taking the ball from any angle.

He will have a solid career as a player, i quite like him.

Talented enough but he has no real impact on the games he plays in.

I'm not really one for stats, in fact other than goals scored and conceded I tend to ignore them completely, however I did see a stat on Ejaria which was one assist and one goal this season. If that assist stat is accurate then it simply reinforces my opinion that he simply doesn't bring enough to the side to warrant a jersey.

Talented enough but he has no real impact on the games he plays in.

I'm not really one for stats, in fact other than goals scored and conceded I tend to ignore them completely, however I did see a stat on Ejaria which was one assist and one goal this season. If that assist stat is accurate then it simply reinforces my opinion that he simply doesn't bring enough to the side to warrant a jersey.

I think his impact on games is pretty understated - he keeps the ball moving he is always there for a pass, helping us retain possession is great - helping us play higher up the park is great.

I would also add - I am not full enough of my own view on football to think i know more about football, and in particular a midfielder than either Gerrard or McAlister I go with the assumption that they have a masters degree on midfield as an area of the park and will look into a lot deeper than stats.

Re the OP,they are totally different in their styles. Ejaria is bigger,stronger with terrific skills on the ball. Zalelem was a lovely passer but lacking in physique.
I think Ejaria is struggling with the schedule and demands of playing for Rangers. Our manager hasn't rotated the midfield enough imho.

I just can't agree with the negative on Ejaria on here, I think he is a fantastic player and creates a lot of opportunity for us and given he is built like the side of a pencil his strength in winning the ball is fantastic.

Sure he has had a couple of off games but I think he will be a big player in a few years time.

Same. He’s went off form and he’s not doing well right now but he’s already shown me enough to suggest he’s capable of making a big contribution to us.

He cant stay on his feet which really does my head in.

He has good skill and control but doesn't have a killer pass and his shooting is erratic.

I'm really unsure re him. The game on Wednesday he was awful but so were a good few.

Ejaria is shit of form and likely suffering from a form of fatigue.

A part of the process of becoming a player is surely to learn the fitness load of becoming a player, he is playing oft and in high intensity games of football.

He has plenty talent and attributes, he is a good pivot of play, keeps the ball moving and tends to do it in limited touches while taking the ball from any angle.

He will have a solid career as a player, i quite like him.

Did you honestly just say keeps the ball moving using limited touches - you ever watched him play ‍♂️

He is not even remotely similar to Zelalem. A really lazy comparison.

He is going through a tough patch but I think he has by far the most potential out of any of our loan players. When on form, he sucks players in to create space & always looks for passes forward.

He hasn't had many assists because he is more suited to being a deeper lying playmaker imo.

I say this as someone who actually finds him frustrating at times however he certainly has something.

He's far better than zelalem but isn't enough of a threat in the final third

Still a lot of improving to do, this the first time in his career he's played so many top level games

I think he’s a decent player but let’s not put the drive and will thing on a young loanee after a couple of poor games

Right now it does feel like in this loan situation he and his parent club will get more out of his experience here than we will but such is the nature of loan deals

I just can't agree with the negative on Ejaria on here, I think he is a fantastic player and creates a lot of opportunity for us and given he is built like the side of a pencil his strength in winning the ball is fantastic.

Sure he has had a couple of off games but I think he will be a big player in a few years time.
Isn’t a pencil the same ‘build’ all the way round? :D

He is talented but needs to add so much more to his game if he has any aspirations of making it at Liverpool.

Zelalem was also talented but very lightweight.

Back