Ejaria - Gedion Zelalem Mark II?

The more i see this boy the more he makes me think of Zelalem. Not doubting that hehas loads of technical ability. A neat and tidy player, but is missing that cutting edge to really be a top footballer, no drive, no X factor.

we have too many water carriers.

The X factor comment sums this up for me.

His ability to keep hold and retain a ball while simultaneously managing to do fuk all with it is like no player I’ve ever seen!
Agreed.
Bags of talent but in too many games seems to do a whole load of nothing.

Playing against Football teams he’s good.
Playing the back to the wall pub teams up here he has no chance.

Also worth noting he’s still very young and extemely inexperienced, with the age he is, there should still be considerable improvement to come.

I think these sorts of threads sum up why young players just aren’t a good fit for Rangers. They need a good bit of patience and a lot of our fans don’t have it and will destroy them if they don’t hit the ground running and progress at a rate of knots.

He’s one of those players I just completely forget are on the pitch for long stretches of time.

He comes through with a good bit of fancy footwork on the ball but can’t say too much ever comes of it.

There needs to be a level of reality check here, people expecting Ejaria to be the finished article etc.

In the same way that we’ve loaned Docherty to Shrewsbury to get more first team football & experience, Liverpool have loaned Ejaria to us.

When was he last ‘on form?’ We have lost a few goals because of his play and lazy tracking back and he’s contributed 2 goals and an assist all season. He was infuriating against Aberdeen and actually hid from the ball at times. He isn’t an attacking midfielder in any sense.

He has good feet and clearly some ability somewhere, but we can’t afford to play him right now. Even with our central midfield options being very poor he shouldn’t be starting on Sunday because Dundee (shite as they are) will just do what the sheep did and allow him to have the ball.

Ejaria has shown glimpses of all the attributes needed to be a great player, but the games seem to pass him by.

This might be normal for a young player gaining experience but not sure he's shown enough to be a better option than mccrorie, docherty etc.

I just can't agree with the negative on Ejaria on here, I think he is a fantastic player and creates a lot of opportunity for us and given he is built like the side of a pencil his strength in winning the ball is fantastic.

Sure he has had a couple of off games but I think he will be a big player in a few years time.
Agreed.

Far more about him than Zelalem,just a bit inconsistent.

He scored 2 goals in a week and I got laughed at on here for saying Arfield is a superior player that week.

He is pish when he has to think, seems to be really good in tight spaces and under pressure and that's about it, offers very little positive. Decent at winning the ball back when he gives it away. Would like see his loan cancelled in Jan with another loan coming in. Can't see that happening though.

Ejaria plays much better in european games, not sure the Scottish league suits him.
I think hes trying in Europe but hes not giving a toss in the premiership obviously the Europa Leagues the bigger stage he is probably trying to play himself into a move through Euro performances

Also worth noting he’s still very young and extemely inexperienced, with the age he is, there should still be considerable improvement to come.

I think these sorts of threads sum up why young players just aren’t a good fit for Rangers. They need a good bit of patience and a lot of our fans don’t have it and will destroy them if they don’t hit the ground running and progress at a rate of knots.

I would say more so young loan players. Middleton hasn’t been at his best the last few games, but I think most rational people are patient enough to give him time to develop.

I can understand more apprehension in giving a young loanee time, unless it’s a 2 year deal. If Ejaria is going to take time to settle and be generally inconsistent, I can’t help but feel we’d be better allowing one of our own players that time instead, say McCrorie.

I have no problem with giving loans time to settle, but on the whole the majority of them need to be coming in and hitting the ground running. I don’t see any benefit in us giving another team’s player 40 games in a season, but he only plays well in ~10.

I would say more so young loan players. Middleton hasn’t been at his best the last few games, but I think most rational people are patient enough to give him time to develop.

I can understand more apprehension in giving a young loanee time, unless it’s a 2 year deal. If Ejaria is going to take time to settle and be generally inconsistent, I can’t help but feel we’d be better allowing one of our own players that time instead, say McCrorie.

I have no problem with giving loans time to settle, but on the whole the majority of them need to be coming in and hitting the ground running. I don’t see any benefit in us giving another team’s player 40 games in a season, but he only plays well in ~10.

I agree with that. If it’s one of our own they’ll always get a bit of time and probably more hype than they’re worth.

At this point Middleton is probably worth of the hype, I think people went overboard with McCrorie though, seems maybe Gerrard agrees too.

I think hes trying in Europe but hes not giving a toss in the premiership obviously the Europa Leagues the bigger stage he is probably trying to play himself into a move through Euro performances

What utter pish. Did you see the effort he put in last Sunday after we went to ten? He was pish on Wednesday granted but no need for this hysterical pish.

Maybe his game is more suited to Europe rather than the rough and tumble of the SPFL?

FF's mark of a player seems to be to write a player completely off after one poor performance.

Forget all the previous very decent performances before them, one poor performance and he's shit.

What utter pish. Did you see the effort he put in last Sunday after we went to ten? He was pish on Wednesday granted but no need for this hysterical pish.

Maybe his game is more suited to Europe rather than the rough and tumble of the SPFL?
Well whats your excuse for Aberdeen he wasnt exactly getting roughed up he was found hiding and wasnt willing to drive with the ball complete lack of effort

Hes a sub not a starter imo.
Got a 2 day ban in the match thread for saying him coolibally and flanagan were shit, mindless player abuse, lol, its the facts, they have been shit for weeks now and all three need dropoed from the starting lineup.

Our problem in midfield is needing a player like ejaria to link the play,, in a proper game of football ejaria will excel, unfortunately we play too many teams who park the bus with everyone behind the ball, giving guys like ejaria no space to play in

Our problem in midfield is needing a player like ejaria to link the play,, in a proper game of football ejaria will excel, unfortunately we play too many teams who park the bus with everyone behind the ball, giving guys like ejaria no space to play in
I get what your saying but good players find space to play in

Back