Ejaria

goldson bollocks

Thought he was our best player in the first half (although that wouldn't be hard) few of us were discussing after the game half of us thought he was ok and the other half thought he was poor. Just wondering what everyone else's take on him was. Or is he going to be one of these players who splits opinions of the fans most weeks?

I thought he was our only decent player today, at least he wanted the ball, unfortunately he seems to have attracted a few boo boys.

I thought if anything was going to happen it would be through him. Very surprised Tav didnt do better with the nice ball Ejaria played in to the box for him in the first half.
Agree most of our chances came through him first half, also had a shot on target which was comfortably saved, just a few of the lads saying he slowed us down too much.

I thought he was shocking today tbh dwells on the ball far to long and slipped basically anytime he had possession.
That's exactly what the other half of the boys said, to be honest I thought he faded 2nd half but definitely thought he was our biggest threat first half.

Agree most of our chances came through him first half, also had a shot on target which was comfortably saved, just a few of the lads saying he slowed us down too much.

I think he can be quite deceiving in his style, he doesn't look like hes going to burst in to a sprint but he keeps the play moving forward and covers a lot of ground. If there is a pass on he will find it and I think that is the best option. The way we play doesn't really require a rapid attacking midfield player IMO.

Technically he's great, however, he doesn't half slow play down. He seems incapable of playing a first time pass or only having a couple of touches, he's always got to spin two or three times, taking multiple touches and slowing us right down, it definitely affects tempo. We were awful today, however, the one moment of urgency we had in the first half when Coulibaly beat a man and drove forward and we could have caused them trouble, he slipped it to Ejaria who then done his usual spins and all momentum was lost. He's young and still learning the game with lots of potential, however, I hope he gets past that habit soon.

I am shocked people thought he was our best player. Wanted too long on that ball, kept falling over, he had one lovely ball to Tavernier in the first half but I thought he was was wholly ineffective.

I think he can be quite deceiving in his style, he doesn't look like hes going to burst in to a sprint but he keeps the play moving forward and covers a lot of ground. If there is a pass on he will find it and I think that is the best option. The way we play doesn't really require a rapid attacking midfield player IMO.
Exactly mate, thats how he plays, it was the same at Sunderland last season, the way he plays wasn't suited to a relegation battle but a lot of the Sunderland fans didn't see it. I was told Chris Coleman wanted to sign him permanantly but Klopp wouldn't sell as he rates him highly.

For me he’s our best midfielder, he’s a kid and will be inconsistent at times. Always showed for the ball when others hid

Thought he was our best player in the first half (although that wouldn't be hard) few of us were discussing after the game half of us thought he was ok and the other half thought he was poor. Just wondering what everyone else's take on him was. Or is he going to be one of these players who splits opinions of the fans most weeks?
Sorry but he was awful.. looks good but he is all legs, can,dribble a bit but his tracking back and heart for a fight is just not there...not saying he isnt going to be a player,just not at RANGERS...

Exactly mate, thats how he plays, it was the same at Sunderland last season, the way he plays wasn't suited to a relegation battle but a lot of the Sunderland fans didn't see it. I was told Chris Coleman wanted to sign him permanantly but Klopp wouldn't sell as he rates him highly.

He has a bit of the Delle Ali style (unfortunately not the talent!). Classy player but I think when things arent going well people will jump on his back. A bit like Zelalem in that way, people might get frustrated at his style.

Think he's just like most of the loanees we've had over the past few seasons.He plays when he feels like it,disappears when things get tough and is really only concerned with getting in some game time till the end of his loan when he will move on to some Swedish mob ,or Hibs.Sound familiar.

He was the only one of the midfield doing much of notice I agree with the OP's assessment but yes at the same time he toiled at times during the game. I'd like to see him in a free role rather than trying to dictate the game.

If anything was going to happen it was going to come from Ejaria or Kent absolutely no one else creating anything

Spent most of the game on his arse for me, he was slipping on the surface, there is talent there but I didn't think he was great today, he seemed to chase the game and try to do to much to compensate for it.

He had the pass of the day with the ball he put in for tav in the first half,all tav had to do was control it and he scores but he failed to control it.

I said on here afew weeks ago, Ejaria is a flair player, he can make things work and has a good eye for a pass,he will be an important player for us. I thought Goldston was not at his best today playing out from the back, his defending was ok, but his build up play was not great, a lot of passes going across the park, then long balls. Just a bad day at the office
Also, the park is fucking shocking

I find him very frustrating as he seems incapable of knowing when to play a quick pass.

He also keeps dropping too deep for my liking. Would prefer him to use his neat passing further forward more often.

In saying that he was nowhere near the worst today. He had a good 1st half but a dire 2nd as he badly faded.

He has a bit of the Delle Ali style (unfortunately not the talent!). Classy player but I think when things arent going well people will jump on his back. A bit like Zelalem in that way, people might get frustrated at his style.
spot on mate

Ejaria was one player who seemed to struggle on the artificial pitch today and it showed in his poor performance

I think that he’s a good player but slows us down far to often when we are attacking. I would prefer to see him furyup when he only has to beat the last man

I think he's going to split the support.

Obviously has quality and a great touch but seems to slow the game down and was largely ineffective today.

Livi's tactics and shape were spot on today, our midfielders weren't creating much and our wing men couldn't get into decent positions.

He is Windass without the goals, how anybody could say he played well today.

He cant stay on his feet most of the time and just keeps giving the ball away.

No idea what he is meant to bring to the team.

We need a midfield battler who can grab the team with the scruff of the neck when the chips are down.

Someone like our manager was as a player. I’m surprised he of all people didn’t identify one and went for the ball player type first. I also accept that players like that are hard to come by but we genuinely need an experienced winner in there imo.

I think that in games like this where we are going to scrap we need to start with McRorie in midfield.

I think that in games like this where we are going to scrap we need to start with McRorie in midfield.
We needed creativity yesterday, not more defensive minded players.

The team ran out of a ideas and began lumping crosses in to the box for Livi to consistently clear.

I would agree with everyone saying that first half he looked like the only one who was going to create anything. Second half he disappeared but that’s probably down to the sub of Coulibaly.

I would agree with everyone saying that first half he looked like the only one who was going to create anything. Second half he disappeared but that’s probably down to the sub of Coulibaly.
Yep thought that was a strange decision too. Subbed Coulibaly and pushed Ejaria further back when he was the only one who looked like causing any problems.

Different player yesterday from the one I saw against Ayr. Maybe the surface or the in your face presence of Livi didn’t suit him.

He is the only midfielder we have with real quality.

I tend to agree but in a different way he's our only real creative player in midfield and I think he's vital to us.

Coulibaly need to be given more freedom to go forward and Arfield is better further forward and we missed Jack in the holding role.

My point is we need to be more open and dynamic similar to our earlier games.

The Maribor game at Ibrox is a template for how good we can be.

We needed creativity yesterday, not more defensive minded players.

The team ran out of a ideas and began lumping crosses in to the box for Livi to consistently clear.
We needed a player in the middle of the park who doesn't get knocked off the ball easily and could compete for high long balls Livvi were playing all day

Back