Elgin players trying to scam the bookies

Last time the Thumb played against Rangers his behaviour was weird. Came on and had about 3 deliberate fouls until he got booked and then stopped.

I never bet on lower league in Scotland and don’t go lower than championship in England.

Anyone sticking a grand on an elgin player getting booked is dodgey. 5 seperate bets doing the same is asking to be caught.

This.

Should've scattered it across more people for much much lower sums, in these sort of scams you're relying on the bets falling into the monotonous pattern of regular bets, and even then if it's a player that is not booked often etc, the bookies are more suspicious.

Five folk chucking a grand each on it screams "Hey! BOOKMAKER! look!!!"

These accounts could have been good losing accounts, why they had high limits for a market like that. Lads involved might well have been desperate to recover gambling losses, very much doubt they were 4 fresh accounts.

There were a few times I would get some decent tips for junior games, bookies were quick to stop me from betting on them though

My biggest ever win on a coupon came from betting on the juniors with McBookie. Had an accumulator on with a few junior games and a few regular games. Ended up betting on my own team to win as we hadn't lost a game all season and it was a cup tie against a team in another division. Cracking odds but knew we'd win.

The thing is if i played against celtic im sure my pals might bet on me getting sent off as they know i hate them that much.

How can you prove this has not happened here. He might hate hibs and be a hothead and his pals seen that as an opportunity without his knowledge??

Doubtfull but more than believable.

Looks like 4 x 1k bets at 5/2 ish.
Fuds

Surprised at 1k on that type of bet not being referred to a trader. Last week Betvictor wrongly priced Sunjae Im at 14/1 to be in the top 20 at the american golf when everyone else was around the 11/10 mark. Put in a bet for £50. Got referred to a trader and was offered £35.75, clicked to accept that and betting got suspended, never got on and they adjusted their odds to 11/10. I should have just chipped away at £2.00 bets.

1k does seem a lot for a single bet in that type of market and would/should raise some concern for the bookie beforehand.

How did the bookies pick up on this one, given it’s probably widespread ? They must miss a lot. Anyone worked for a bookies able to advise?

How did the bookies pick up on this one, given it’s probably widespread ? They must miss a lot. Anyone worked for a bookies able to advise?
Just spot the market was a loss, it would stick out like a sore thumb really on a match like that - then look at addresses of accounts, betting pattern etc.... Like I say they may have been decent losers already - hence the high limit on the account, I very much doubt they would be able to get a bet on like that with that liability on a new account or even a lightly used one.

It's more about being seen to do something than the actual loss, it's not a big loss in the grand scale of things for a Firm as big as 365. I know people say serves them right for offering these markets but if I had a bet on these matches and lost because players were at it I would be pissed off, someone could have bet under cards for example.

These are the leaders really in spotting dodgy stuff, not sure 365 would have needed them for this mind:

It would quickly flag up as a suspicious bet.

The betting company can then inform the police who chap the person's door and take mobile phone etc to look for evidence.

This story is about Kane Hester and his friends putting on this bet and not about him and his Elgin team mates.

Some Elgin players have been charged about betting on other football games though.

And here was me always puzzled why Elgin, arguably the biggest of the Highland League clubs to get into the league can never get up from league two whilst a bang average Highland club like Ross County could get organized and up in to the top league.

And here was me always puzzled why Elgin, arguably the biggest of the Highland League clubs to get into the league can never get up from league two whilst a bang average Highland club like Ross County could get organized and up in to the top league.
Ross County would be nothing without Uncle Roy.

Defo wasn't bet365 as stated. There's no card market for those games.

This has been going on for years. Had a mate who would always get booked on my birthday weekend.

What odds do you reckon you’d get on Mr Clancy booking Alfie?
Anything better than 1 million to 1 ON would be worth a look

Defo wasn't bet365 as stated. There's no card market for those games.

This has been going on for years. Had a mate who would always get booked on my birthday weekend.
It was, I know a lad who works for them.

Back