Ellis Simms

I wasn’t keen. Said to my son that I couldn’t work out if he was a really poor player that had a couple of good moments or a good player that had a few bad touches, Best left at Hearts or Everton I think,

He's only in his second spell of first team football - 2 half seasons. He scored 8 in 17 starts for Blackpool who got promoted via playoffs and now 5 in 11 starts with Hearts who are best of the rest and in a cup final. Given his inexperience, his record is fairly decent. He wouldn't get enough exposure to football with us and Everton seem to rate him highly so I don't think he'll come here - they'd want to loan him out probably to the ECH first or use him in rotation/as a sub. He is out of contract in summer 2024.

Thought he looked a right handful won a lot in the air has pace and strength and going by his record this season can finish wonder how much Everton will want for him could be a decent rotation option for us obviously not his best game today but think that was due to lack of service over anything else
He’s score plenty for us with all the service our game provides

Been decent for Hearts since he signed.. would be a good permanent signing for them.

Not for us though.

This thread made me smile it's a classic.
"What we need is a big centre forward, who will win battles in the air, yon laddie looks alright, with the service he will get from us he could do us a turn"
It is part of our clubs culture we love a big battling striker.
Honestly I don't think that is Gio's vision. I don't think he wants to recruit warriors. I think he likes versitile ball players who have the technique to adapt, then coach them so they are super fit and motivate them so they will run through doors for each other.
I think our next striker will be a poacher in domestic competition but who can come deep and link up play in Europe.
Gio is all about flexibility.

This thread made me smile it's a classic.
"What we need is a big centre forward, who will win battles in the air, yon laddie looks alright, with the service he will get from us he could do us a turn"
It is part of our clubs culture we love a big battling striker.
Honestly I don't think that is Gio's vision. I don't think he wants to recruit warriors. I think he likes versitile ball players who have the technique to adapt, then coach them so they are super fit and motivate them so they will run through doors for each other.
I think our next striker will be a poacher in domestic competition but who can come deep and link up play in Europe.
Gio is all about flexibility.
Seems to miss out that he’s fuckin rotten.

Hearts started the game with two physical players up front. Neither caused our defence any problems today. Well handled by our back line and contributed very little.

Be interesting to see how some of these Hearts players do in the European group stages next season. If Sims is still there and does well in those games he will suddenly look a more interesting prospect. Can't say I'd put money on it though.

He gave us a lot of problems early on but faded second half.

I think there is a lot of potential there and he’s the kind of striker who suits our style of play.

One to keep an eye on before he’s potentially out of our price range imo.

Hard to judge in a fairly average team. I have heard others in our support sing his praises though but I would imagine Everton would want decent money and his wages may be inflated.

Thought he looked a right handful won a lot in the air has pace and strength and going by his record this season can finish wonder how much Everton will want for him could be a decent rotation option for us obviously not his best game today but think that was due to lack of service over anything else
Must admit during the build up on BBC when they did the wee bit on him I thought the same. Then by the end of 1st half forgot he was playing.

What is it with some people on here loving big lumps all the time.

He is Hearts level not Rangers ffs we just played in a European final.

He’s got a name like a musician that I get told I’m too old to understand how good they are. For that sole reason he can get to fck

He gave us a lot of problems early on but faded second half.

I think there is a lot of potential there and he’s the kind of striker who suits our style of play.

One to keep an eye on before he’s potentially out of our price range imo.
I still can’t think of a problem he gave us.

Everyone saying he was anonymous aye so would you be if the game plan was to smash it long at every opportunity big mans decent not sure if a would sign him but people are talking like he’s Kevin fucking Kyle behave

I think he’d be a cracking back up to Morelos.

Remember what Morelos was like 5 years ago.

I think he'd be a great addition to our squad. Would give you something different to Alfie & Roofe(who offer different from each other).

Looks like loads of potential.

I like him. Think he would be a useful squad option. Just need to see some of his goals from this year to see he has quality.

The right sort of person we need but am thinking he’s not the one great probably in the league games
Not for me

Back