Email sent to Celtic hospitality clients

Cast your minds back to 2012 to the 'Sink us and we'll sink you banner'.... They thought we were deluded at the time and said our Grandchildren would be Celtic fans.....
Anyone want to start donating Rangers kids strips just now? :cool:
Wouldn't give them the steam off my piss!

In all honesty, I think he walks into most English premier league teams outwith Spurs, City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool

Had a terrible season but he’s a decent player and I’ll be glad if he goes
He’s not really, he looks good against the Hamilton’s, Motherwell, and poor Rangers sides. I’ve never seen a player raise his hand looking for offside as often as he does, he’s no Van Djik, and will get found out in the EPL.

Set for £30M loss, looks to have brought in about £25M between Jan and summer sales(if Ajer goes).

All best players sold from an already shite squad and still making a multi million pound loss with a massive rebuild to be funded. :cool:
If the expected departures occur, the loanees and sales of Edouard, Ajer and Christie, it leaves them with;
3 crap keepers
Julienne, Welsh, Ralston, Taylor
Soro, Turnbull, Rogic, Johnston, McGregor.
Forrest, Ajeti, Griffiths

Guardiola would have trouble making a team out of that lot, they will need to spend millions, which they don’t have. :)

If the expected departures occur, the loanees and sales of Edouard, Ajer and Christie, it leaves them with;
3 crap keepers
Julienne, Welsh, Ralston, Taylor
Soro, Turnbull, Rogic, Johnston, McGregor.
Forrest, Ajeti, Griffiths

Guardiola would have trouble making a team out of that lot, they will need to spend millions, which they don’t have. :)

I think McGregor, Griffiths and Rogic are doubtful to be there next year.

Rogic has been trying to get out for the last two years.

Thats their problem and shambles.

However in terms of folk saying about the action they are taking, no different to when we do it. Just that its easier to take when it's not us.

Rangers just recently set up the MYGERS scheme last season and we never benefitted at all as a support, along with asking back ST money and corporate side of things in line with that. Could easily argue thats a club with financial issues (or moral).

Not taking away from what they have been saying for years and how they have been lording us over. Just that there is always a plea from either club to get money in.

They do have a complete rebuilding job no doubt about it.
Not the same at all though mate. They have portrayed us as skint for years, when they're in the same boat. They crowed about being cash rich we didn't, hence ripping it out of them

Edouard will be £12-15m, obv PSG take a cut and Ajer will be about £7/8m

They’ll definitely recoup £ but whether that’ll be spent on new players is debatable. It very much feels like they’ll be downsizing
Brown needs replaced, virtually need a whole new defence + a first choice keeper. They also need to sign a goal scorer and replace that Moi guy they had on loan. £20m doesn’t touch the sides to replace all that
How much does a good traffic cone cost these days?

Aye we were always renegotiating everything, depends how you see it.....is it smart business or just desperation for money :D
I'm assuming our correspondence with those in hospitality didn't sound like a plea from Comic Relief?

I think that's the issue with their email.

We have schooled them this season and if we can keep the nucleus of our squad we we can do the same next season.

Ive posted on here last year that they didn’t have the cash that we were led to believe they have.

Truth is they got lazy and thought the Champions League would fund them for the foreseeable but they must have forgotten that you need to get in it to make the big bucks.

We have overtaken them in a short space of time and they are in free fall.

Long may it continue.

Failures in Europe over a number of years has battered them. Also which of the 3 companies is cash rich? The 1 based in Ireland id guess. (For tax purposes). Certainly not the football team based in Scotland.

Edouard will be £12-15m, obv PSG take a cut and Ajer will be about £7/8m

They’ll definitely recoup £ but whether that’ll be spent on new players is debatable. It very much feels like they’ll be downsizing

Brown needs replaced, virtually need a whole new defence + a first choice keeper. They also need to sign a goal scorer and replace that Moi guy they had on loan. £20m doesn’t touch the sides to replace all that

Do you honestly believe they'll get that for two players in the last year of their contracts?

Do you honestly believe they'll get that for two players in the last year of their contracts?

Yeah, £6-8m for an EPL team is peanuts so they’ll spend that no probs

Edouard is a very good striker too, £15m is good value for him

In all honesty, I think he walks into most English premier league teams outwith Spurs, City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool

Had a terrible season but he’s a decent player and I’ll be glad if he goes

I don't see it to be honest. Is he better than Helander (£3.02m) , Goldson (£3.06m) or Katic (£2.05m) ?

People on here touting him for £7m in the last year of his contract????

AYeah, £6-8m for an EPL team is peanuts so they’ll spend that no probs

Edouard is a very good striker too, £15m is good value for him
I would say Edouard WAS good but his performance level and body language hasn’t been there this season.

However much they get for him they will need it.

I don't see it to be honest. Is he better than Helander (£3.02m) , Goldson (£3.06m) or Katic (£2.05m) ?

The markets ridiculous now, even compared to fees paid 2/3 years ago

If we were selling one of the above we’d be wanting £10m+ if it was an EPL team, honestly don’t think 6-8m is unrealistic but we’ll see.

He had a terrible season but I think he’s actually not too bad tbh

I wouldn’t be surprised, especially if he goes to an EPL team. Everybody knows they have the money to spend so add a little extra when conducting negotiations with them, most would pay it as well as it really isn’t a lot for them. Plenty of bang average players down there who have cost a lot more.

I think that letter will be too hard for a lot of them to follow/understand.
Struggling to sell season tickets
Got to basically rebuild the whole team. Even Alan Stubbs said on SSN last week they will need a keeper, two centre backs, two midfielders and two strikers at the least.
I think McGregor will see the writing on the wall and be on the phone to Brenda.
Hell mend them.

They are in big trouble

are their accounts not due end of June?
They must owe about 15-20m in transfer fees

they are likely looking at a 25-30m loss for last season

with a trickle of renewals their cash position must be terrible with a while seadon in front of them

they might not be able to sign off the accounts as a going concern

admin awaits and I would laugh my cock off if it happens
The previous set of accounts would be a 25mil loss without the Tierney sale and no covid issues, greater on field success, tv money, sponsorship and merchandising.

A 25-30mil loss this year would be a real best case scenario

I’ve been saying for a couple of tears that their finances are in the shitter with no CL money. I think it’s worse than I thought, if they’ve only sold 11k season tickets I really couldn’t be much happier.

Back