Emirates and Stamford Bridge Tour

kilbirnie bear

Heading to London next weekend and got the tour of Stamford Bridge booked for 1pm on the Saturday afternoon .

Just booked the Emirates tour also but this is a flexible ticket where you turn up and hopefully get on any tour,anytime.

Emirates tour and museum seemingly last for an hour and a half so hoping to do this first thing Saturday morning,first tour is 10 am.

What is the quickest way from the Emirates to Stamford Bridge ? Underground or taxi ? I don’t know these areas of London very well .

Westbound Piccadilly Line from Arsenal to Earls Court,

upstairs to District line (for Wimbledon), two stops to Fulham Broadway.

Make sure you get on the one headed for Wimbledon as there is a train every few mins but they all branch off and go to different places.

Taxi would cost a fortune.

Heading to London next weekend and got the tour of Stamford Bridge booked for 1pm on the Saturday afternoon .

Just booked the Emirates tour also but this is a flexible ticket where you turn up and hopefully get on any tour,anytime.

Emirates tour and museum seemingly last for an hour and a half so hoping to do this first thing Saturday morning,first tour is 10 am.

What is the quickest way from the Emirates to Stamford Bridge ? Underground or taxi ? I don’t know these areas of London very well .
Both are zone 2 in the Underground so would imagine that’d be quicker. Probably 45 minutes

Head south on the Piccadilly Line from Arsenal station, swap at South Kensington and get on Dictrict line to Fulham Broadway (1 minute walk from Stamford Bridge).

Just a bit of advice, I’d do Chelsea first and then Arsenal. The Emirates is by far better and you’ll want to take your time there - amazing how much psychology went into designing it, mostly Wenger’s ideas. Chelsea is nice outside but more basic inside.

Both are zone 2 in the Underground so would imagine that’d be quicker. Probably 45 minutes

Head south on the Piccadilly Line from Arsenal station, swap at South Kensington and get on Dictrict line to Fulham Broadway (1 minute walk from Stamford Bridge).

Just a bit of advice, I’d do Chelsea first and then Arsenal. The Emirates is by far better and you’ll want to take your time there - amazing how much psychology went into designing it, mostly Wenger’s ideas. Chelsea is nice outside but more basic inside.
Stamford Bridge is booked for 1 and the Emirates is a flexible ticket for some reason.

Was hoping to do Emirates first thing Saturday morning then Chelsea and the day and night is our own for the football and beers.

Could do the Emirates on Sunday but would mean taking our bags with us as we fly home Sunday night

Better with Earls Court as an interchange mate as you get the trains coming from the Edgeware Road branch as well

Yep, I like Chelsea as my English side and did Stamford Bridge one day about 10 years ago (with my son in full Chelsea kit) and then did Emirates the next day (son in Arsenal shirt this time B-D)
I though Emirates was more impressive and you could do the tour with headphones and a virtual tour guide so you could deviate about and do your own thing.

Yep, I like Chelsea as my English side and did Stamford Bridge one day about 10 years ago (with my son in full Chelsea kit) and then did Emirates the next day (son in Arsenal shirt this time B-D)
I though Emirates was more impressive and you could do the tour with headphones and a virtual tour guide so you could deviate about and do your own thing.

First time I did Arsenal, got a tour and the guide was class. Clocked my Rangers top and gave a bit of chat/banter with it. Lots of wee light hearted digs at Spurs and could tell the guy had a love of the club. Stadium was brilliant too. Few years later did the headset show tour, enjoyed doing at my own pace but probably preferred the guide.

We then had this French student girl give the Chelsea one. All very scripted. Asked her some pretty basic questions at end about the club and she didn’t have a clue. And stadium felt like a generic football stadium tbh. Came out the weekend with more of a soft spot for Arsenal tbh haha.

Would love to do the Spurs one.

First time I did Arsenal, got a tour and the guide was class. Clocked my Rangers top and gave a bit of chat/banter with it. Lots of wee light hearted digs at Spurs and could tell the guy had a love of the club. Stadium was brilliant too. Few years later did the headset show tour, enjoyed doing at my own pace but probably preferred the guide.

We then had this French student girl give the Chelsea one. All very scripted. Asked her some pretty basic questions at end about the club and she didn’t have a clue. And stadium felt like a generic football stadium tbh. Came out the weekend with more of a soft spot for Arsenal tbh haha.

At least my guide had knowledge. I did the Chelsea tour wearing my RSEA polo and the girl doing the tour spotted it and said it looked like I was a Rangers fan and that there was a Rangers link to Chelsea’s founding and asked if I knew about it.
Told her that their first manager was an ex Rangers player who went down south to take up the job.
And yep, after the Emirates tour, I was so impressed with it all I ended up disliking Arsenal less than I used to B-D

Going round their trophy room won’t take long

My son and I did the emirates a few years back and it bears absolutely no comparison to a tour of Ibrox. Instead of a guide who knows the history of the club and who has anecdotes and an obvious passion for the job you get an earpiece.

It’s a fine stadium, but I would save your money and go to the pub instead.

(Sorry, Killjoy was here! :()

Tube Piccadilly line to Earls Ct then change to district to Fulham Broadway

At least my guide had knowledge. I did the Chelsea tour wearing my RSEA polo and the girl doing the tour spotted it and said it looked like I was a Rangers fan and that there was a Rangers link to Chelsea’s founding and asked if I knew about it.
Told her that their first manager was an ex Rangers player who went down south to take up the job.
And yep, after the Emirates tour, I was so impressed with it all I ended up disliking Arsenal less than I used to B-D

Fair mate, depends who you get. Used to be a Chelsea fan in the early 00s but lost interest. Grew to quite like Arsenal and Wenger after the tour funnily enough especially as they were then underdogs (2009).

Went to see Fulham a few years and walked back to Stamford Bridge after. Loved Craven Cottage but whole experience was night and day between a match day at Ibrox haha

Stamford Bridge is booked for 1 and the Emirates is a flexible ticket for some reason.

Was hoping to do Emirates first thing Saturday morning then Chelsea and the day and night is our own for the football and beers.

Could do the Emirates on Sunday but would mean taking our bags with us as we fly home Sunday night
Download an App called Luggage Hero,I use it a lot in London,basically type in a destination and it shows numerous places that takes your luggage,paid by the hour and pick it up when ready to head to airport etc.

The old Highbury is just a couple of streets away from the Emirates. Converted into flats now, but worth a visit just to see the old ground.

Emirates one is conveyor belt style pal, audio guide. Stamford Bridge has a proper guide. That’s why there is a time for Chelsea. Personally I prefer having a guide but obviously you need a good one.

I found the Arsenal Museum good. Chelsea one probably appeals to kids a bit more, few games they can play - Bonetti save one I think and a CL Final from Munich pen shoot outs.

The Chelsea tour guide spent all his time being embarrassed at the state of the place when we done the tour last year, had to agree with him

Emirates tour was good, did it in July 2021.

As others have said, doesn’t even compare to Ibrox though.

I done the Emirates and Wembley in the same weekend around 5 years ago. Emirates was a lot better. Wembley felt pretty soulless for the "home of football"

Back