Empty Seats In Away Corner

HIHI

Probably less than 100 away supporters! At least 700 empty seats and loss of revenue for club.
Why not request visiting team to prepay for tickets and if less than 800 sell to Gers fans
Also the amount of wasted seats for segregation is ridiculous. Don't see nearly as much waste in PL games!

Probably less than 100 away supporters! At least 700 empty seats and loss of revenue for club.
Why not request visiting team to prepay for tickets and if less than 800 sell to Gers fans
Also the amount of wasted seats for segregation is ridiculous. Don't see nearly as much waste in PL games!

Move the away fans into the far corner of the WE. All it needs is a few adaptations. Give the fans in there better seats and give the UB a better location.

Support like that should be moved to a different part of the stadium and that area should go to bears.

It's ridiculous that there's nothing we can do but accept it as that is a shocking away support.

Would rather bears got those seats.

Where were all they wee tadgers that think there the dogs bollocks at there home games? In bed for school? pathetic the ticket prices for fans in spfl is terrible as well that doesn't help

There were more bluenoses from livi in the home stands. I only know 2 livi fans and I’ve stayed here all my life!
I've been here 8 years now and the Mrs all 34 years of her life and neither of us know anyone whos a fan. Her old boy used to have access to free tickets through work and would go when they played Hearts as he's a Jambo, his last time being their 5-0 defeat when they got relegated ha ha

I want us to fire the away fans up into CD1 or 7. Keep them out of the way and from making any meaningful impact to their team. Ibrox needs to be as intimidating as possible for the away side.

I noticed this. Couldn't get me and a mate a seat together in mygers sale , because there's ST holders that don't even go

Why wouldn't you seat sub it, so others can get to the game or get seats together?
If seatsubbing is anything like buying a ticket on the website, I dont blame ST holders

see the funny thing remember when livi got into the prem league for first time 01/02

filled the away end

I want us to fire the away fans up into CD1 or 7. Keep them out of the way and from making any meaningful impact to their team. Ibrox needs to be as intimidating as possible for the away side.
Would be ideal to have them up there but not for fans below them who would have all sorts land on them, also the police wouldn’t go for it.

Can't believe your justifying that
I'm not justifying it, infact I am agreeing with you. Just saying that Rangers tech around ticketing is shocking. Could be far more done around ticket recycling. For example, if you could incentivise ST holders to confirm their attendance to certain matches. I bet most ST holders that werent planning on going would be happy to give up their tickets if tech took the leg work out it for them, bunged them mygers or discount or something. Would be win/win for everyone IMO.

Why is there major segregation for matches against the likes of Livingston, Ross County etc? Could separate fans by a few rows instead of a whole section, can’t see there being any trouble in the concourse area with fans mingling.

I understand why a lot of people may have given last night a miss. I have been to Ibrox when it’s been -4, bucketing down, howling a gale and every conceivable weather. But last night was utterly miserable, on the front row of the Govan lip, the wind was swirling the rain right onto our faces in the first half. I’ll never moan about the sun in my eyes again. Add all that to an expected turgid game, mid week in January, I can see why it was only the mentalists that would leave the comfort of their living room.

Would be ideal to have them up there but not for fans below them who would have all sorts land on them, also the police wouldn’t go for it.
I think the fans below would be safe enough with 25 Livi fans above them and don’t see the police having any objections either. There isn’t any segregation outside when we play clubs like this.

I think the fans below would be safe enough with 25 Livi fans above them and don’t see the police having any objections either. There isn’t any segregation outside when we play clubs like this.
Not for livi but for Motherwell, sheep etc you would have problems. If away fans were in top deck it would need to be permanent and not on game by game basis.

I'm not justifying it, infact I am agreeing with you. Just saying that Rangers tech around ticketing is shocking. Could be far more done around ticket recycling. For example, if you could incentivise ST holders to confirm their attendance to certain matches. I bet most ST holders that werent planning on going would be happy to give up their tickets if tech took the leg work out it for them, bunged them mygers or discount or something. Would be win/win for everyone IMO.
Fair enough mate. Good point . Apologies mis understood your first reply

Not for livi but for Motherwell, sheep etc you would have problems. If away fans were in top deck it would need to be permanent and not on game by game basis.
You also have to factor in the location of the Club Deck turnstiles. How do you go about policing away fans into those turnstiles? As you say it would probably work for 30 Livingston fans but 850 Hibs/Aberdeen fans?

Any away support would need a minimum of 2 accessible exits, in case of one being blocked. That’s if there’s 20 or 500 of them. The same amount of seats would be empty if they sat in bf1 as in the corner.

We can’t just stick away fans in the club deck and have them sharing turnstiles, staircases and kiosks with home supporters. And people have season tickets in cd1/cd7, can’t just tell them to move!

That corner is specially set up for away fans. Separate toilets, kiosks, no supporters above so no throwing risk and direct access to the away car park.

I agree it’s frustrating when there’s 500+ empty seats, but short of giving no allocation there’s little alternative.

I can remember in the 80s the likes of Hearts or Aberdeen in the Broomloan and Motherwell or Hamilton in the main stand

They really need to find a way to put away fans in BF1.
Would need to redesign the concourse

Ideal scenario would be away fans in BF1 with a new turnstile, new toilets in the concourse

UB put in GWC then anyone displaced gets put in available seats in BF or GWC

Back