Empty Seats

I watched the PSV Real Sociedad game and lots of empty seas there .....

It was actually sold out but attendances are still restricted in Holland. PSV were allowed 23k from their 35k capacity last night. Clubs in Holland are allowed full crowds from next week.

Really need to get the Livingston tickets on general sale and get promoted asap or be less than 30,000 in attendance.
I think the Livi game will be one of the lowest attendances we have had in years. £25 for a league cup match is another shocker, champions league Malmo game was £29. Apart from Rangers taking the piss, the cost of living has shot up recently with crazy electric and gas price rises coming into winter. Football won't be a priority for many if they are priced out of it.

Almost 45 thousand, remembering we loose almost 1000 seats to the embarrassing red zone and around a thousand to away fans .

Doubt I’ll go to any of the other games.

The biggest game of the season and we got our arses felt and our support didn’t fancy it.

But at least they robbed over 40k of 3 match packages the club don’t care about us.

Reactions: d72
No display in the broomie either tonight which is unusual for a European night . Some good songs for the first few minutes then sadly the UB lurched into an ulsterfest and forgot it was a Rangers game they were at , rest of the stadium just stopped joining in at that point

I’ll say again it’s still one of the biggest crowds in Europe tonight , despite pricing, covid issues, game on tv . Well done bears
When we can't sell out a big European game then you simply have to look at the cost involved to supporters.

The ticket office made a right arse of how we sold these matches. Obsessed with 3 match packages. Time frame all wrong also. Prices way to high, Peoples bank accounts are getting hammered and people are not all millionaires.

Lots of empty seats tonight which to me was a surprise given the competition and standard of opponent.
I guess this is because of the high cost and I can’t say I blame folk . Time for a rethink on pricing I feel from the club
Mine and the one next to me were empty as we are self isolating

Didn't look to be too many empty seats.

My son had my ticket and said it was mobbed!!
It wasn’t mobbed. Probably more than a quarter of the Broomloan Rear empty. Plenty of seats in Club Deck. Lots of areas dotted around the ground empty. £39 a ticket is a joke. This is starting to give me the feel of the champions league package that was an unheard of £50 a ticket. Attendances weren’t great, atmosphere was crap and team was nothing to shout about either.

pricing for the package was scandalous. I think they might just be pushing people to the limit in terms of their loyalty.
This month alone they’ve took off more than a third of a season ticket price off people for extra tickets. 3 match package and Livi. Families simply might not be affording that. The pricing is ridiculous. Wouldn’t surprise me if we were the most expensive in The Europa League.

No display in the broomie either tonight which is unusual for a European night . Some good songs for the first few minutes then sadly the UB lurched into an ulsterfest and forgot it was a Rangers game they were at , rest of the stadium just stopped joining in at that point

I’ll say again it’s still one of the biggest crowds in Europe tonight , despite pricing, covid issues, game on tv . Well done bears
I noticed that on the sound on TV. I’m a season ticket holder and I can’t remember them pushing those kinds of songs before.

Its been a horror month for some folk financially

Last season ticket payment
Champs league qualifiers
Livvy game
3 match euro package

The pricing of the euro package is all wrong. Its far too overpriced as evidenced by the empty seats last night

Hopefully our MD reconsiders this next year

I
I noticed that on the sound on TV. I’m a season ticket holder and I can’t remember them pushing those kinds of songs before.
It’s been ramped up massively since the start of the season by the Union bears . I’ve no idea why that is. For all the brilliant displays , excellent support and colour they bring, the whole IRA/Sands guff has become permanent and more prevalent . A weird quirk

Lots of empty seats tonight which to me was a surprise given the competition and standard of opponent.
I guess this is because of the high cost and I can’t say I blame folk . Time for a rethink on pricing I feel from the club
The price of the tickets would have been a factor imo. My mate took his son and for the tickets ( two adults from our supporters bus) and travel he was over £100.

Did anyone else have a problem with their cards not working. I couldnt go so gave our tickets to my mate and his nephew. Card wouldn't work.

We have reached breaking point with the pricing, if it wasn't for CCCS that crowd would have been a hell of a lot lower. Don't think I have seen so many empty seats for a european game under Gerrard. Livingston cup game will be a shocking crowd. Club have took our good will from last season and shat it back in our faces.
One hundred percent mate. I won't br going to the Livingston game simply because of the prices. I feel it's a bit of a joke now. Club is taking loyalty for daftness.

Got to remember it probably didn't help the fact that a huge batch of ticket were made available just yesterday

Yes the price was on high side but there still been a decent attendance

Had the sale/attendance been in the low 30s then the club would have to rethink

Bu they have to be careful on the loyalty of us

Too expensive for a lot of people. Especially with kids etc. Prices were steep. Simple as that.
Also the timings of payments which a lot called out

Final season ticket for some, dunfermline game livi game then European game prob the best part 200-300 within the space of 2 weeks or 165 if I pay season ticket another way

Probably down to the club selling the package and not releasing single game tickets until yesterday.

Surprised to hear there were less than 45k in though because apart from the top of the Broomloan, everywhere looked more or less full. Must have been plenty of seats going in the main stand.
Think you're correct mate, I was able to leave my ST seat in GF2 and move over next to my two mates in GF4 quite easily at half time as seats were spare

Pretty much everyone on our bus is unhappy with the pricing. A few in work have cancelled CCCS.

Taking the Noel hunt out of us with prices like that. I remember loads raising concerns about the pricing when it came out and it got hit with ‘Aye but it will sell out, the demand is there’.

Hopefully a total wake up call for the club.

Mine were empty because the ticket office couldn't bother their arse answering my emails regarding lost smartcards and with their track record recently no way was I driving a 3 hour round trip to see if they were open.

They've priced me out of it. This will be my last season on the CCCS scheme.

Rangers have taken £270 off me this month alone.
Im the same mate. This will be my last season too on the CCCS. Season ticket will do me next year, they’re just ripping the hole right out it aswell as their money making mygers bollocks.

Lots of folk have been touched by the COVID crap…..health, jobs etc. Still an excellent crowd

I'm one of them, unfortunately. I decided last month that I would not go down to Ibrox uni after I'd had the covid booster. It's the thought of the long train journey that made the decision for me. By the way, it's torture not being there.

We seem to have a lot of different fans that go to the European nights,loads of punters on the subway necking bucky and the likes totally blootered.Punter behind me constantly moaning and booing our players then feks of with 15 minutes to go,like thousands of others,i think this contributed to the lack of atmosphere .

Set up the prices to fleece your fans and that's what you get.

I actually considered not going last night for the first time in a very long time, the uber staunch will give it the "I don't mind paying xxx when the money goes to the club" patter but you'll probably find those who think like that are pretty financially stable and don't think much of £44.

The pricing from our club is nothing short of farcical, and it just takes advantage of loyalty and is not proportionate at all to other games.

A large portion of our fans will be working class and/or living wage to wage, paying season ticket instalments, random cup games priced at near 30 quid amongst the 1000th new Castore range and everything that goes along with it. It's a joke tbh but I don't see any signs of it changing as long as we continue to lap it up.

Last edited:
We were told that Ibrox would sell out therefore justifying the club fleecing the support. Most sensible people knew it wouldn't. The most expensive Europa ticket in the UK.

Don’t how people can afford to go to all these games to be honest,Full respect to Bears who never miss a game home and away.

With the red zone in the enclosures, and the section left empty for Lyon fans, any idea what the capacity currently is for home supporters in European home games?
if the away side take the full 5% allocation 2500 and add around 1000 for the Red Zone plus what UEFA need 1000? then around 46500 for us?

Of course if the away don't take up the full allocation then more tickets

Last edited:
They've priced me out of it. This will be my last season on the CCCS scheme.

Rangers have taken £270 off me this month alone.
I won’t be on CCCS next year either. Simply can’t afford it. If they space out the payments, possibly. But the past few weeks has been ridiculous.

With the red zone in the enclosures, and the section left empty for Lyon fans, any idea what the capacity currently is for home supporters in European home games?
Capacity just now is probably down to 47k with the sections you mention off limits . Sa a 45k crowd is hardly a tragedy. Having said that there is a majority opinion that the pricing was just too greedy from the club this time, £99 even makes it that bit more palatable for most. Our fans have backed the club to the hilt with season tickets , kit sales , MyGers , share issue , all in a short space of time . To sell close to 40k three match packages on top of this at £119 is simply amazing

I won’t be on CCCS next year either. Simply can’t afford it. If they space out the payments, possibly. But the past few weeks has been ridiculous.
Is there actually any reason payments for the package couldn't of been staged.

Taking it all whilst a lot of fans had their final payment for their ST the week before, then Livi a week later, is just mugging fans off tbh

they were not quality we were dreadful the teams no got the same drive not got the same belief.
Are you gonna sit and say that the teams got the same intensity and drive and will to win as it did last season? We havnt got out of 2nd gear so far this season
As much as we look a completely different team to last season that Lyon team are quality.

Back