Enclosure renovation photo

Bearskin

Clearing out the loft recently and have dug out some old Rangers News and came across this. Was going to post in old Ibrox photos thread but now that's gone just starting this thread to share the photo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-05-21-18-37.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-05-21-18-37.png
    607.4 KB · Views: 710
remember they started getting this prepared before the season finished,,im sure those of us who had season tickets in the east enclosure were given other seats for the last game of the 6 in a row season (Dundee) I was moved to the broomloan that day

remember they started getting this prepared before the season finished,,im sure those of us who had season tickets in the east enclosure were given other seats for the last game of the 6 in a row season (Dundee) I was moved to the broomloan that day

The West Enclosure was partly built from Janaury 1994 to enable those in the East to move into as well

The Celtc game on 30th April 1994 was the last game or the East Enclosure and work starts the week after including a new tunnel in time for the new season

My teenage years were spent in the east enclosure.I know its a different argument but thats where I would have safe standing.

Many a happy time sitting on the barriers in the enclosure watching the nutters round about me. might be wrong but I think my last game in the enclosure was when hertz had 4 players sent off

My first season ticket was in the west stood at the same wee bit every week, was moved to the east for a season when they started seating it then punted into the Copland

There was a poster given away in the FF fanzine which had the date and the game and I can't remember it at all at the moment

Many a happy time sitting on the barriers in the enclosure watching the nutters round about me. might be wrong but I think my last game in the enclosure was when hertz had 4 players sent off
Almost certain it was seated by that game.

The West Enclosure was partly built from Janaury 1994 to enable those in the East to move into as well

The Celtc game on 30th April 1994 was the last game or the East Enclosure and work starts the week after including a new tunnel in time for the new season
I was a ST in the West from the date they made it ST availability,they decanted us to the Broomloan Rear while the work was getting done.

Like the rest of the terracing, the old enclosure was concrete on top of rubble. It was also curved at the ends fitting in with the terracing. When the new stands were built, the trackside walls were raised at the curve. I think the first few rows of steps were below track level. It was rebuilt on top of a steel frame in a straight line, so they could have facilities underneath.

Loved the EE when it was bouncing, watched the John Greig testimonial from the wall at the tunnel

Clearing out the loft recently and have dug out some old Rangers News and came across this. Was going to post in old Ibrox photos thread but now that's gone just starting this thread to share the photo
I have a picture of them putting in the founds,unfortunately im having issues trying to post pictures tonight.

You live and learn. I had assumed they simply bolted seats onto the terracing.
That's what they did at hampden. Basically one new stand and 3 terraces with seats. Then you look what Wales and Northern Ireland did with their renovations.

I had my first season ticket as a kid in the West, then into the East for a season while the West was being seated.

Used to get in early to get a spot near the top, with a passageway to my right, so that no big guys would block my view of Gers shooting towards the Copland in the 2nd half!

Great memories of some big games standing in there, scoring goals and finding yourself somehow halfway down the terrace when celebrating, at times it felt like there were more in there than would have been allowed!

I don't think I managed to do the posting pictures thing 100% correct but got close enough

*Meant to reply to lumbear1872

bUrbgH4.jpg

Loved the enclosure, we used to go in the Broomland Road end and then pay to get in to the enclosure

I loved the east Enclosure. I preferred days when we played wee teams, and the patter was constant. Big games took care of themselves, but hearing the Enclosure in full swing slagging Bradley Kerr (an Arbroath sub in the league cup), or chanting for Frank Bruno the afternoon before he fought Tyson and we were playing St. Mirren, or the relentless stick Charnley got, ...,

A special time in a special era for the club.

Always loved the old enclosure, used to stand in the West enclosure next to the tunnel in the 70's and 80's.

I remember the east enclosure with red barriers. Fourth barrier up, second stairway along next to the tunnel in the EE was my place. EE and WE for safe standing would be great.

FF gave away a 2 page poster of the last game of the old enclosure before the seats were put in

my brother and a few members of the Calvay are in the picture

has anyone got a photo of it

I loved the east Enclosure. I preferred days when we played wee teams, and the patter was constant. Big games took care of themselves, but hearing the Enclosure in full swing slagging Bradley Kerr (an Arbroath sub in the league cup), or chanting for Frank Bruno the afternoon before he fought Tyson and we were playing St. Mirren, or the relentless stick Charnley got, ...,

A special time in a special era for the club.

Bradley's gonnae get ye..... All time classic sung at Fergie I'm sure.

The enclosure, oh how I miss it, how many Bear(young at the time) remember sitting on the railing shitting yerself,holding on to dear life, while yer dad was off celebrating.
Good times

Fond memories of being in the enclosure. That's where our safe standing should be. Who cares if you can't see it on TV!

Loved it in the enclosure, the bouncy was a thing of beauty, just had to make sure you didn't have a fag lit or a steaming hot bovril in your hands when you hear "OOOOOH BOUNCY BOUNCY" or you would be wearing it:eek:

Back