End of celtic financial dominance

It always annoys me that even now, celtic seem to be able to buy their way out of trouble.
What with all the years rangers were not even around, they still have an unfair advantage.
I know we posted 26m losses, but they posted 12.6m losses (not sure why we were so much higher) (knowledgeable punters info welcome).
But what with their continued poor European form, I really hope rangers winning this years league goes a LONG way to redressing the balance of power.
If they have large wage bills it could finally impact on them...

This could be the year

Thoughts
Not yet, no. Thier hospitality, shirt sales and sponsorships are still well ahead of us.

If we can win the league this year and get the CL money our turnover will exceed theirs for the first time in a long long time.

The last time they had CL money thier turnover was a fraction off of 100m. We wouldn't be anywhere near that even with the euro dosh.

Unfortunately, strip away the European money and they are still comfortably ahead.

Because if we sold some of our players. losses will be same as theirs and they would be no gap. They still pay high wages too. Personally I think they will panic buy and gamble in January if we are top still

It always annoys me that even now, celtic seem to be able to buy their way out of trouble.
What with all the years rangers were not even around, they still have an unfair advantage.
I know we posted 26m losses, but they posted 12.6m losses (not sure why we were so much higher) (knowledgeable punters info welcome).
But what with their continued poor European form, I really hope rangers winning this years league goes a LONG way to redressing the balance of power.
If they have large wage bills it could finally impact on them...

This could be the year

Thoughts
They have 10k extra fans at home games and at £500 per season that's 5m a season and 50m over 10 years.
We need to expand Ibrox cause that increases revenue on an ongoing basis.
I'm sure our current board are looking at this.

Not sure why people think they got £12m for Pingpong. They announced in their latest books they made £9.4m in player trading of Pingpong, Hendry and Klimala. We know Hendry went for £2.5m and Klimala around £2.5-£3m. So Pingpong was around £4m. Another example of false info to keep there unwashed followers happy and misinformed.
Clubs don't pay all up front

They pay in installments

Otherwise you will think my house cost me £660

Clubs don't pay all up front

They pay in installments

Otherwise you will think my house cost me £660
They recoded the £24m for chocolate hips in last years full set off accounts. Arsenal didn’t pay that upfront.
Teams publish fees upfront in one set off accounts even if fees are spread over a couple of seasons.

They recoded the £24m for chocolate hips in last years full set off accounts. Arsenal didn’t pay that upfront.
Teams publish fees upfront in one set off accounts even if fees are spread over a couple of seasons.
I've not seen that

Link?

To be honest this was Fergus McCanns shrewdest move a lot of people at the time sneered when he built a 60k stadium but it gives them a safety net/advantage on us every year
TBH it doesn't really. All it does is give them the ability to say they've sold a certain amount of season tickets every year. There is no way they ever sell the numbers they report, you just need to see the empty seats every game and the fact they never give attendance figures. Handy vehicle for Fritzel to clean up the dirty money.

Celtic could've been run by Martin Bain & still have ended the decade financially superior.

The reality is that in terms of long term finances, where remain distant from them and that's just a reality...the gap is closing by their metrics are ahead of ours *off* the pitch in almost every area.

Not saying that to be negative or praise them - it's simply the natural result of the last 10 years.

Yes Arsenal did pay it in a oner. That's why negotiations stalled. Celtic played hard ball and won. Hate to say it but as far as getting decent fees they're well ahead.

June 30th 2023. The financial year end that season will tell a lot about where both clubs are. Ramifications from Covid and most of the infrastructure work at Rangers post Spivs will be behind us.

They have spent about £30m in the last 2 summers. Yes, they have balanced by selling but perhaps they will spend in January.

In summer yes. But I can't remember them spending much the past two January's. We'll find out soon.

Celtic could've been run by Martin Bain & still have ended the decade financially superior.

The reality is that in terms of long term finances, where remain distant from them and that's just a reality...the gap is closing by their metrics are ahead of ours *off* the pitch in almost every area.

Not saying that to be negative or praise them - it's simply the natural result of the last 10 years.

Agree with you.

I've been looking through the prize money for the Europa League and there is a bonus payment for 10 year co-efficient ranking.

Unless am mistaken - which wouldn't be the first time - they get a 2.5m EUR advantage before a ball is kicked just from what has been happening over the last 10 years.

1. positionSSC Napoli (151.000)32 parts€132000 x 32 = €4224000
3. positionOlympique Lyonnais (128.500)30 parts€132000 x 30 = €3960000
7. positionCeltic FC (75.000)26 parts€132000 x 26 = €3432000
16. positionSparta Praha (51.500)17 parts€132000 x 17 = €2244000
26. positionRangers FC (33.750)7 parts€132000 x 7 = €924000
32. positionBrøndby (10.500)1 parts€132000 x 1 = €132000

TBH it doesn't really. All it does is give them the ability to say they've sold a certain amount of season tickets every year. There is no way they ever sell the numbers they report, you just need to see the empty seats every game and the fact they never give attendance figures. Handy vehicle for Fritzel to clean up the dirty money.
Think you’ve missed my point having the ability to sell more seats put them at a decent advantage
for example we both qualify for the CL next year and both sell out home games there x amount of millions ahead

This season is massive.

In terms of Champions League money, we can really hammer our advantage home by winning the title.

If they win, we'll likely have to sell a couple of our top players before we can buy. Whereas if we win the league we'll be able to add to the current squad.

Imperative we maintain our lead over Celtic up until the Old Firm at New Year.
Sell to Buy if we fail to win the league? Sorry my friend I believe the consequences of failure, are slightly, more serious.

The decades of abuse and cover up by a procession of directors should see them closed down. The reputation damage should be catastrophic, I wouldn’t worry about them.
You would like to think so mate, but just remember all their place men in the mhedia and politics - their dumbing down of any onslaught will be in overdrive. Expect all the usual headlines ‘we’re committed to making things right’ yadda, yadda. Whilst not admitting any sort of defeat to them, they have certainly got fellow papists in the right places.

Winning the league and getting group stage CL football is what is needed to put us back on even footing.

That said: We also seem to have a need to re-evaluate our transfer policy. Somehow they seem to get great money for their players and we struggle to even sell anyone (not that I believe we need to right now). That has allowed them to keep ahead of us when it comes to money even though they constantly crash out of the CL qualifiers.

The league title this season is massive.

Whichever team wins it this year “should” leave the other in their rear view mirror (from a financial perspective).

Although they in theory sell more STs i don't think they take in more money?

When we looked at last years published accounts, not the ones published in recent months as I didnt look at them closely, but the ones that were published last year, were we not taking in a similar amount of money (or more even) from STs @Bluedell ?

Don’t forget the clock that’s ticking!
35 and counting in the class action lawsuit! Your talking £35 -£50 easy we just need to keep competitive until their chickens come home to roost and we do that by winning this season and securing automatic CL

Don’t forget the clock that’s ticking!
35 and counting in the class action lawsuit! Your talking £35 -£50 easy we just need to keep competitive until their chickens come home to roost and we do that by winning this season and securing automatic CL group stage!
Hope I am wrong but is it not capped at something like 100k per case.

This season is crucial. Win the league and hope that takes us into CL gives us 30m plus.

We need to start player trading but even just 1 biggish sale a season would do. Another 12m plus probably.

2 other things. Never pay attention to that lots player sale valuations. They always quote the total value of the deal inc players wages.

Other thing for that lot will be the class action law suit. I firmly expect that to hit them hard.

So we could see a massive swing in both finance for both clubs and ultimately domination.

WATP

Not yet, no. Thier hospitality, shirt sales and sponsorships are still well ahead of us.

If we can win the league this year and get the CL money our turnover will exceed theirs for the first time in a long long time.

The last time they had CL money thier turnover was a fraction off of 100m. We wouldn't be anywhere near that even with the euro dosh.

Unfortunately, strip away the European money and they are still comfortably ahead.

That's because the way their merchandise is reported in the figures. For talking sake they could put 25 million revenue but have 20 million costs. Puts their revenue right up but doesnt help the bottom line which is what matters.

That's because the way their merchandise is reported in the figures. For talking sake they could put 25 million revenue but have 20 million costs. Puts their revenue right up but doesnt help the bottom line which is what matters.

Are you sure?

How can you list an income but not deduct the relevant cost of sales?

Thier accounts are audited so I don't see how this would be possible.

Can you expand, please?

If it weren't for their sales they'd be in deep shite. All aided by the fact their super duper fans all asked for refunds on tickets due to covid and them not having insurance cover.

When we get our payout from our pandemic cover and win the league we'll be much better off.

Are you sure?

How can you list an income but not deduct the relevant cost of sales?

Thier accounts are audited so I don't see how this would be possible.

Can you expand, please?
It was highlighted when their accounts came out. They record them completely differently to us.

Assuming class action lawsuit is successful in getting the victims what they deserve and what celtic deserve as well.

Brand damage should be massive. Not only will they have to pay out big time, more victims will come forward and so it will go on.

Who would want associated with a paedo club? Sponsors will be hard to find, players will not want that on their cv, and who knows whether fans would still want to turn up in the numbers.

Financial pressure for sure.

Back