Herrera
Rossiter

Loanees

Coulibaly
Kent
Worral
Davis
Defoe

My view is we will sign Davis, Defoe will stay and Kent is clearly wanted.

Other potential outs (as in players who may be rated elsewhere)
Tav
Morelos

I think wes may go and laff

So we need

1 keeper
2 x centre backs
Tav replacement if he goes
Same for Alfie
2 x Creative mid
1 x striker

Last edited:
I believe Tav and Morelos will both be here next season.

I also believe Rossiter will come back and have a pre season with us before anything is decided about him. This loan spell looks like it has done him a load of good though, longest spell of playing football for him in years.

Top three you mentioned will be gone. Along with the next theee you mentioned. Can also add Lee Hodson to that list.

I think we will be priced out of a move for Kent. Like you, can see Davis and Defoe staying which is good.

I think Laff will stay but Fod will go.

All in all, I’m in the same line of thinking as you. McCrorrie might make the step up to number 2 and we get in another promising keeper below him?

Defoe signed an 18 month loan deal, so unless he is recalled then he will be staying here.

McAuley, Wallace, Worrall, Coulibaly and Holt will all be leaving.

With Dodoo, Herrera etc it goes without saying they wont be here.

I also think Dorrans, Lafferty, Rossiter and Grezda will be moved on as well, possibly even on loan.

Middleton alongside a lot of our other highly rated youngsters will be loaned out as well.

Out of contract

McCauley
Herrera (iirc)
Wallace
Hodson

Out on loan currently and unlikely to stay

Holt
Dodoo
Alnwick
Rossiter

Loanees

Coulibaly
Kent
Worral
Davis
Defoe

My view is we will sign Davis, Defoe will stay and Kent is clearly wanted.

Other potential outs (as in players who may be rated elsewhere)
Tav
Morelos

I think wes may go and laff

So we need

1 keeper
2 x centre backs
Tav replacement if he goes
Same for Alfie
2 x Creative mid
1 x striker

Defoe has another year left on his loan.

Yeah, neither have been a success and each has the heart of a mouse.

I think it’s taken them a bit more time to adjust than others we have signed but I think they will both be here next season, Barisic definitely. Grezda might get a loan, who knows. We spent a bit of money on both so can’t see them leaving less than a year later.

You reckon Barisic and Grezda will go? Can’t see it myself.

Gerrard isn't a fan of either and many can see they have been poor and not value for money. Mistakes were made last summer and they won't be repeated again that's for sure, recoup the initial outlay on both and sell them.

Gerrard isn't a fan of either and many can see they have been poor and not value for money. Mistakes were made last summer and they won't be repeated again that's for sure, recoup the initial outlay on both and sell them.

I hear you. Will we get close to the figures we paid though?

I hear you. Will we get close to the figures we paid though?

I think we will ... both are young enough and play for there respective countries there would be interest and I'm sure Rangers and the players agents can round up some possible Clubs.

Sell / Let Go: Foderingham, Alnwick, Hodson, Wallace, McAuley, Halliday, Holt, Dorrans, Lafferty, Herrera, Dodoo, Hardie

Loan Return: Worrall, Coulibaly

Loan Out: Middleton

Make Permanent (if possible): Davis, Kent

TBC: Barisic, Docherty, Rossiter, Grezda (would give them the pre-season before before making a decision)

Pre Contract: Hastie (& possibly loan out), Jones

Keep / Try to Keep: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan, Polster, McCrorie, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Candeias, Murphy, Morelos, Defoe

Think we’d need: 1xGK, 2xCB, 1xLB, 1xCAM, 1xRW, 1xFW

Sell / Let Go: Foderingham, Alnwick, Hodson, Wallace, McAuley, Halliday, Holt, Dorrans, Lafferty, Herrera, Dodoo, Hardie

Loan Return: Worrall, Coulibaly

Loan Out: Middleton

Make Permanent (if possible): Davis, Kent

TBC: Barisic, Docherty, Rossiter, Grezda (would give them the pre-season before before making a decision)

Pre Contract: Hastie (& possibly loan out), Jones

Keep / Try to Keep: McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan, Polster, McCrorie, Jack, Kamara, Arfield, Candeias, Murphy, Morelos, Defoe

Think we’d need: 1xGK, 2xCB, 1xLB, 1xCAM, 1xRW, 1xFW

Out of the TBC category I can see only Docherty staying. Rossiter has done well on loan but if we can get his £10k p/w off the wage bill then we will. Barisic and Gredza are clearly not held in high regard by the manager

Everyone on loan will leave permanantly apart from rossiter and Docherty who may leave again on loan if required Fodringham will go for first team football and Barisic and Grezda will be sold and Middleton and McCrorie will go on loan once all our incomings are complete

First thoughts -

Lafferty’s been hopeless apart from that Villarreal goal, he also doesnt suit the way we play best, ie on the deck - should definitely go.

McAuley gone, no-brainer

Flanagan has earned another 2 year deal, good cover if he stays lean and keen.

Keep Davis and Defoe.

Grezda, Barasic and Rossiter are 50/50 - all down to how they do in pre-season.

Docherty deserves a chance.

I think Tav will want to stay for the title - no one deserves it more than him.

Thanks but no thanks to Coulibally - the biggest disappointment of the season for me, had umpteen chances.

Candeis, I’d keep as a squad player, playing mainly away from home. Struggles in these wars of attrition at Ibrox

Biggest issue, is obviously Morelos. I don’t envy Gerrard that decision.

First thoughts -

Lafferty’s been hopeless apart from that Villarreal goal, he also doesnt suit the way we play best, ie on the deck - should definitely go.

McAuley gone, no-brainer

Keep Davis and Defoe.

Thanks but no thanks to Coulibally - the biggest disappointment of the season for me, had umpteen chances.

Candeis, I’d keep as a squad player, playing mainly away from home. Struggles in these wars of attrition at Ibrox

Good post, I agree with basically all
of it. Although I’d go a bit further and say I want and think Morelos will stay next season now. If he wants a bigger move he is going to have to prove that he can keep these outbursts in check during the big games.

Out of the TBC category I can see only Docherty staying. Rossiter has done well on loan but if we can get his £10k p/w off the wage bill then we will. Barisic and Gredza are clearly not held in high regard by the manager

I think that is certainly likely. I’d be wary about getting shot of Barisic too soon, could be one we regret. It does seem that Gerrard isn’t impressed so wouldn’t surprise me to see him or Grezda leave. I’d give them the pre season and hope that they can get fitter and find some form.

In the case of Rossiter, I didn’t think he was on £10k per week. That’s a lot for someone who has never been fit.

I think that is certainly likely. I’d be wary about getting shot of Barisic too soon, could be one we regret. It does seem that Gerrard isn’t impressed so wouldn’t surprise me to see him or Grezda leave. I’d give them the pre season and hope that they can get fitter and find some form.

In the case of Rossiter, I didn’t think he was on £10k per week. That’s a lot for someone who has never been fit.

Wages are always agreed before players get injured

Davis Defoe and Kent will be here

Morelos Barasic Grezda and Lafferty will be sold

Middleton and Rossiter out on loan

I think we will ... both are young enough and play for there respective countries there would be interest and I'm sure Rangers and the players agents can round up some possible Clubs.
No chance Barassie will go. And who told you Gerrard isn't a fan

Foderingham, Lafferty, Barisic, Grezda, McCauley, Worrall, Coulibaly, Alnwick, Kent, Rossiter, Morelos, Hodson, Herrera, Holt, Dodoo, Wallace.

Completely agree but sell Morelos and then we use as many from the Academy as possible, For sure Rudden, Kelly maybe Barjonas or Burt and Houston all promoted and by three first 11 ready players and the rest players like Jones, Stewart and Hastie.

Completely agree but sell Morelos and then we use as many from the Academy as possible, For sure Rudden, Kelly maybe Barjonas or Burt and Houston all promoted and by three first 11 ready players and the rest players like Jones, Stewart and Hastie.

Mate we sell Morelos and the money will be used to strengthen the first 11.

I’d like to see us box clever next season if we’re loaning the likes of Middleton and McCrorie out. Send them to SPL teams so that they can actively damage the bheasts. Those fuckers did the same to us with the likes of Christie and Allan, time to repay the favour.

I’d like to see us box clever next season if we’re loaning the likes of Middleton and McCrorie out. Send them to SPL teams so that they can actively damage the bheasts. Those fuckers did the same to us with the likes of Christie and Allan, time to repay the favour.

100% yes

Good point, and well made .

From a football point of view I hope we can hold onto Tav and Alfie. From a business point of view it makes sense to sell Tav and keep Alfie. Because of his age and this seasons amazing stats Tav will be near his peak value at the end of the season. Alfie's market value is only going in one direction. But we have more chance of winning 55 with them both onboard.

Out of contract:
McCauley
Beerman
Wallace
Hodson

Urgent sell:
Holt
Dodoo
Alnwick
Herrera
Rossiter
Foderingham
Lafferty

Loanees not returning:
Coulibaly
Worrall

Loanees we need to return:
Davis
Defoe
Kent

Sell, only if the price is right:
Tav
Morelos

Shopping list/academy step up:
1 keeper - Robbie McCrorie is ready for #2
2x centre back - Souttar/Cooper, Aidan Wilson ready?
Tav replaced by Polster - no need to buy new.
As of yet unidentified new striker for Alfie
2x Creative mid/attacking mid

First thoughts -

McAuley gone, no-brainer

Keep Davis and Defoe.

Best post and most sensible I've seen regarding outgoings on here mate reckon that'll be exactly how it plans out

Out of contract:
McCauley
Beerman
Wallace
Hodson

Urgent sell:
Holt
Dodoo
Alnwick
Herrera
Rossiter
Foderingham
Lafferty

Loanees not returning:
Coulibaly
Worrall

Davis
Defoe
Kent

Tav
Morelos

Tav replaced by Polster? You having a laugh?

Out of contract:
McCauley
Beerman
Wallace
Hodson

Urgent sell:
Holt
Dodoo
Alnwick
Herrera
Rossiter
Foderingham
Lafferty

Loanees not returning:
Coulibaly
Worrall

Davis
Defoe
Kent

Tav
Morelos

Not certain Robbie mc is ready to step up. I’d like to see him on loan to say Hamilton - like shagger went to Dunfermline

He hasn't really. He's only just re-appeared at the tale end of the season.

I believe Flanagan has a year remaining. At the very most, perhaps add another year now or wait to see his attitude in the first half of next season.

Hardie is Lafferty’s replacement for me. He got another year when he came back from the first team mid season trip to Tenerife. SG obviously saw something there. Would also mean that rather than having to buy 2 forwards (if, and that’s a big if, Morelos goes) we’d only need to buy one who could then be of significantly higher quality.

Not certain Robbie mc is ready to step up. I’d like to see him on loan to say Hamilton - like shagger went to Dunfermline
He smashed it at Berwick a year or so ago, been very impressive at Morton since new year as well. I think he’s ready, just my opinion though, of course.

Back