England’s chance’s against France, what do you think?

Do you think England will win ?

• Yes

Votes: 492 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 836 63.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the England focus will be on Mbappe - but Dembele up against Shaw, and Griezeman drifting in between midfield and forward positions will decide the game.

Standard false confidence brought on by 2 major tournament runs where they lost to the first decent side they faced and this current one where they have managed victories against Iran, Wales and Senegal as well as an insipid draw against the yanks.

People are forgetting that good teams in the Nations League have been throwing them around like an empty tracky for 2 years now. France will take them to bits.

I just don’t think the English defense is good enough to stop the French from scoring at least two although England pretty easily get a couple themselves.

England's weak area is the defence, with Mbappe always cutting in from the left, it'll cause them problems on their right side. Giroud is also a danger to them with his athleticism and unpredictability. If Bellingham, Rashford, Foden, and Kane are on their top game I can see England doing well and winning. The first proper test for both teams.

They have lost 2 goals their first game and none since

I think it is 60/40 England

Ive not seen the bookies odds, id guess France are slight favs to get through would be close though maybe 4/6 and 11/10.

France do look very strong and powerful all over the pitch and ofcourse have the star player of the tourney so far. England have had a nice run of fixtures but they have been pretty ruthless. A lot will depend on the England defence and keeper.

I will defo have a bet on penalty kick agony for England just incase because i wouldnt be surprised if even extra time does not decide it.

Would like to see England win right enough as its always funny living up here and listening to the madness that follows.

I think the World Champions France are bookies favourites to win for a reason.
England have been perennial underachievers.
This time England have played a lot of attractive football and have outstanding players in both midfield and attack.
However to get over the line in a WC you also need to have a decent defence.
Right through the centre of defence they have a weakness with Maguire and Stones.
Both of them have not really been tested yet in a sustained kind of way which will surely happen against France for a period of the game.
They look vulnerable to pace which France have.
Both Maguire and Stones can’t get regular football for their respective clubs and undoubtedly they are England’s Achilles heel.
This is the first time they’ve faced a quality team and I expect France to be too strong.

Potential for a good few goals. France favourites because whilst both teams are good going forward, England just aren't strong enough at the back or in goal. Can see it finishing 3-2.

Ive not seen the bookies odds, id guess France are slight favs to get through would be close though maybe 4/6 and 11/10.

France do look very strong and powerful all over the pitch and ofcourse have the star player of the tourney so far. England have had a nice run of fixtures but they have been pretty ruthless. A lot will depend on the England defence and keeper.

I will defo have a bet on penalty kick agony for England just incase because i wouldnt be surprised if even extra time does not decide it.

Would like to see England win right enough as it’s always funny living up here and listening to the madness that follows.
To qualify 3/4 France 13/10 England

England have got the talent to win but they won’t. They never beat teams who are slightly better than them in these competitions, and France basically only need a draw to go through.

Don’t fear anyone with our attacking threat. My only worry is seeing the chances we gifted last night with sloppy mistakes.

France would punish that.

Taking away personal bias , France are the right favourites but it wouldn’t be a shock if England go through , i can see both teams scoring and France edging it.

I think the French will edge it.

It's the back line that are their Achilles heel for me.

England have not really been tested defensively yet, and playing a better level of opposition could've (should've?) been a couple behind inside half an hour last night.

England are a far better unit and team that most folk give them credit for. The play some good football and take their chances and that’s what it’s all about.

They’ve got some top players and probably the best pound for pound forward player in world football in Harry Kane, easily the best midfield product for generations in Bellingham and some proper excellent midfielders in Rice, Foden and Mount, as well as Saka who is really dangerous.

Their obvious weakness is in defence with Harry Maguire the main weakness, but Stones is a good player as is Walker with his pace and would be the obvious choice to try and stop Mbappe.

It’s going to be en epic contest, one I can see England winning but it will be a tough game for them, they will sneak it by the odd goal in 3.

Was about to make a really hot take that the winner would have a really good chance of winning the tournament. "But semi finalist with chance of winning tournament" isn't really that good an insight.

England have managed to get to the quarter finals only playing jabronis again. Think France have too much quality for them though. As much as I'd like to see l'Angleterre gagner. Je pense que la France va les battre.

Walker shackled Mbappe last season in the champions league quite well, although he doesn’t seem 100% after injury. No doubt England will go to a back 5 though and it will take away their attacking impetus a bit.

France will batter England. Walker won't get anywhere near Mbappe, he's still well off it following injury, and the form Giroud is in slab heed will be having nightmares.

England were lucky last night with a good few poor passes out from the back. France will take advantage of that. If I'm Deschamps, I'm telling my team to sit off and let Stones and Maguire bring the ball out at every opportunity

I fancy France to win but I'd never fully commit to a team that has Hugo Lloris in goal.

He's too partial to throwing one or two in to put the weans Christmas on it. If I had weans.

England will be embarrassed and it will be glorious. They’ve comfortably beaten some very poor sides, so their usual unfounded confidence grows. The only half decent side they played in the USA, they were poor against them.

France are a few levels above that.

3-1 France, with England taking the lead for added pain, so we get the It’s coming home shite at half time, to then have those in the studio in tears after.

Last edited:
England can win though they’ll need France to underperform. That France attack running at that English defence should given England fans concerns

The skill and pace of Mbappe is awesome.
Walker will have to be doing sprint training this week. I expect they will play Mount on right to assist Walker. Both defences can be dodgy, two great keepers and attacking units.
The young lads in the England midfield are fearless.
Should be a great game, if England can somehow shackle Mbappe they could win.

There hasn't been a stand out team at the tournament. If England get through, and Southgate goes for it, then no reason they can't go on and win it.
I agree mate , I don't think there's one team in the tournament that I'd say were a good side . The overall standard of international football is poor which gives England a good chance of winning it.

France by a few, diddy McGuire will get ripped to shreds.

Him and Stones are a problem and I say that knowing they have not conceded yet.

I think they will drop another one in and go with. 3. Walker maybe.

The game is 50/50, England have a great chance.

France are missing a load of key players but I’d still fancy them even at a disadvantage.

I just can't see their defence being strong enough to cope with the attacking options France have.

They've been fortunate against USA and for the first half hour against Senegal that they didn't take their chances.

If they play out from the back with such slow build up as they have in previous games Mbappe will be on them in seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back