England’s chance’s against France, what do you think?

Do you think England will win ?

• Yes

Votes: 492 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 836 63.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Closer it gets the closer I realise how close this tie is.

France laboured at times in the groups and Poland, well are shit and they laboured in that game as well.

It’s very unusual for any country to win 2 world cups in a row, I also think Mbappe is a world class player but given the nature of his game won’t have the same impact with the games being so close.

Foden, Bellingham, Saka, Kane are all match winners and I feel France only have the one which in realty should make England favourites

Closer it gets the closer I realise how close this tie is.

France laboured at times in the groups and Poland, well are shit and they laboured in that game as well.

It’s very unusual for any country to win 2 world cups in a row, I also think Mbappe is a world class player but given the nature of his game won’t have the same impact with the games being so close.

Foden, Bellingham, Saka, Kane are all match winners and I feel France only have the one which in realty should make England favourites
I don’t think they are any worse than iran, wales, usa or senegal mate. Wouldn’t read to much into the games prior to this.

Fifty/cinquante I think!! The French are technically better than England, but England have some cracking players that can grace the starting 11 and options to come off the bench

England pretty good from midfield to upfront, as are France.
As a 19 year old in 1966, I'd prefer France to win but I think
Brazil 40%
France 25%
England 20%
Portugal 15%.
The teams with the best attack will win.

Voted England for no other reason than I have a sneaky feeling about them bouncing back this year after doing so badly in that new diddy nations cup

All the makings of a classic. Two excellent teams going forward while at times being suspect at the back. Hopefully it'll be a 3-2 with the lead changing throughout.
I think it could be totally mental, two defenses who couldn't keep weans oot a midden, but two attacks who can both light it up.

I think you can look forward to France 4 England 3 AET.

On the balance of probability- France are the more likely to win, but England have a decent chance of going thru

Not just Mbappe but Griezman and Giroud have been fantastic. Hopefully they will have too much for England.

Take Mpabbe out and is there really much difference between the squads? If anything I think England's pip it squad wise without him.

Think it'll be tight. If they keep Mbappe quiet they should fancy themselves

There is such a focus on Mbappe… I can see a bit more space on the other side of the pitch, and have backed Dembele to score anytime. Also Giroid to score first.

Could be tight and set pieces mattering so backed each of Maguire and Stones to score at any time.

Hopefully it’s an entertaining match though - this has been a cracking World Cup with the first knockouts providing some memorable moments. Would be great to see the next rounds follow that trend.

Two fantastic teams but only one true world class player on that pitch Mbappe.
He’ll be the difference even if it’s creating more space for Griezman

be needing tena pax for all the england fans ( the commentators more then anyone ) once they come up against a decent team

Really looking forward to this game.

Hopefully a high scoring end to end game.

I think France will have enough

50/50 for me if England continue with the same team that played against Senegal. If Southgate switches to 5 at the back and goes to negative then I think France will win comfortably.

If you had to name an England/France eleven I'd have more England players than France players in the side.

England have the better set of players and better strength in depth.

I'm convinced England will go through.

Proper excited for this one.

Anybody's game but Mbappe is such a difference maker and is on fire so you'd give the nod to France but wouldn't be surprised at any outcome.

From a England fan's point of view I concerned folk are forgetting about the pace Dembele has or the movement of Griezmann.
Anyway hoping for a cracking game regardless of the result.

It'll be coming home on the first flight on Sunday morning, the England team that is.

With their tails between their legs after hyping themselves up to ridiculous levels after beating poor sides in a very easy draw. They've not beaten a decent side in a long time.

They won 0 games in their last 6 prior to the world cup, but now they're winning the World Cup and are world beaters, having beaten the might of Iran, Wales and Senegal.

Even USA who are half decent at that level played them off the park.

France will make easy work of it.

Last edited:
Famous last words, but I’ve got a real feeling this will be a high scorer and a proper classic.

Whilst England have kept clean three sheets, they were lucky to do so against both Senegal and USA. Bar a dreadful Wales team everyone else has seriously threatened their back line.

France looked shaky defensively against a poor Poland team as well.

I’m old fashioned and I love anyone who beats the English!
Bit like hating Celtic for me.
No time for France but something inside me hopes they win.

The game will likely play out close simply because its going to be cagey encounter given the sakes but I see England edging it.

The belief within the team seems real and despite falling short at the last two tournaments they came very close and must know its on the cards given how the draw has fallen.

France are very strong of course but they make the Dutch look humble and defensively they are not robust.

Football's Coming Home.

At least on Saturday evening.

I think it will be a good watch.

2 defences weren't up to much in the last game so could come down to attackers & France are superior in that department IMHO.

So although I'm an Englishman I think France will do it but only just.

I hope France scud them but it’ll be pretty close.

Deschamps is a better manager and that should be telling in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back