England favourite to win the Euros - is this fair?

England massive favourites and should be given talent they have up front.

That said, they've crumbled in meaningful games and in particular that last euros final which they should have won if Southgate hadn't tried to shut up shop in the second half of the final.

England massive favourites and should be given talent they have up front.

That said, they've crumbled in meaningful games and in particular that last euros final which they should have won if Southgate hadn't tried to shut up shop in the second half of the final.
They aren't massive favourites by any measure.

Couldn’t care less if they’re favourites or not - if they win it, fair play to them, although I don’t think they will - but I’m actually beginning to get excited about the tournament.

Bizarrely we even have Scotland to cheer on in it (for three games at least :oops:)

France are favourites to me. England probably next behind them but they'd need a manager with anything in his scrotum to lift the trophy.

Hope England win it as it's were my dad was from, and i have always supported them. France are my favs though

Good to see plenty of folk interested in it anyway, be a good laugh on here when it’s on. Getting the buzz for it now.

On paper France should be favourites for me. I think people are writing the Germans off too easily also. They don’t have the best squad but have quality players like Kroos, Gundogan and Havertz. They also have home advantage and arguably the best coach in the tournament.

IMO
Their forward line will give most defences headaches
Their defence will give most opponents hope
Their midfield can be hit & miss
Their tactics are more miss than hit

All that said their rivals will need to be at their best to beat them

Do the odds reflect not only how good a team they are but also the likely opponents in their most likely pathway?

The draw has given them a great chance of going very deep in the tournament so naturally that needs to be strongly considered in the odds.

Do the odds reflect not only how good a team they are but also the likely opponents in their most likely pathway?

The draw has given them a great chance of going very deep in the tournament so naturally that needs to be strongly considered in the odds.

Yeah. People just don’t get it. England are 1/6 to make the quarters, Holland are 13/8, Italy are 11/10. Makes perfect sense why England are favs when you look at the draw.

It’s actually how I was taught to price up an outright event. Say in tennis, you know the draw so you start with the player you are wanting to price up and look at who he is most likely to play in each round and price each match up and do it is an acca, at the end you’ll have a rough price of what they should be for the outright.

It’s actually how I was taught to price up an outright event. Say in tennis, you know the draw so you start with the player you are wanting to price up and look at who he is most likely to play in each round and price each match up and do it is an acca, at the end you’ll have a rough price of what they should be for the outright.
Makes perfect sense. In fact, if you did it any other way that would be a bit strange!

Englands attacking options are incredible.
Kane, Foden, Belligham, Saka, Palmer to name some.
The defence is what could let them down though.

Depending on the luck of the draw I could see it being another Semi-Final and oot for England. Southgate refuses to change his style of play.

Back