England given one-match stadium ban

I assume this only applies to UEFA governed matches and not to the FIFA governed World Cup qualifiers?

Not really. It was Boris’ decision re capacity.

Blame lies entirely with the pricks that thought they could do what they want and charged the stadium.
It was the biggest game in the UK since in the 1996 world cup final.

I am assuming your not at England fan , but say if you were, You would 100 percent bribe a steward £20 or run through to get in. If you knew you could get away with it. Anyone that says otherwise is chatting sh**

I am assuming your not at England fan , but say if you were, You would 100 percent bribe a steward £20 or run through to get in. If you knew you could get away with it. Anyone that says otherwise is chatting sh**

So are you defending the scenes that day?

I was at Wembley for the Germany game. Didn’t have any problems then. Different occasion I suppose but that was still a pretty big game which was at 50% capacity I think so plenty of opportunity of sneaking in.

In saying that the security and intelligence force was a complete failure. But that doesn’t excuse people taking liberties and acting the way they did.

They should just have booed their black players, that seemingly doesn't get you an empty stadium any more but you can fill it with children and lots of adult minders.

So are you defending the scenes that day?

I was at Wembley for the Germany game. Didn’t have any problems then. Different occasion I suppose but that was still a pretty big game which was at 50% capacity I think so plenty of opportunity of sneaking in.

In saying that the security and intelligence force was a complete failure. But that doesn’t excuse people taking liberties and acting the way they did.

I was also at the Germany game , and it was a great day. I believe it was the Germany and Denmark games that people noticed the shoddy security and became opportunists on the day of the final , I can't blame them

For eufa to not expect something is so stupid it's beyond belief. You cant expect immaculate behaviour for a game that big that's now how the world works

Uefa where in control of the venue not the FA so they should punish themselves.

Guess I'm chatting sh** then.

A huge sense of self-entitlement. I can't get a ticket so I'm just going to storm the gates. What an attitude...

100 per cent bribe a steward or run through to get in?

I'm not an England fan, but I do live down here and I have to say I don't know anyone who bribed a steward or ran through to get in.

You seem to think the laws of the land don't apply to you, or those you're defending, because it was a big game. Unfortunately you cant pick and choose when behaving lawfully ought to apply to you.

What a clown

I wanted England to win the tournament but the behaviour of those people that day was nothing short of absolutely shameful.

I’m happy to see they’re being punished for it.

Hahahahahahahaha jokes
Surely the final was under uefa jurisdiction as a neutral final? Perhaps they should give bebop and rocksteady security a one game ban

The ironic thing is that the cast majority of the people who caused trouble that night would not be bothered about attending the next game at Wembley. As usual it will be the decent genuine fans who will lose out.
Yeah, the number of families and young kids attending England games from all over the country is great to see and it’s them that are being punished

I'm not an England fan, but that's irrelevant, I'm a NI fan, and no matter how huge the game, I would never "run through to get in", let alone behave like some of these thugs did when they got in. They embarrassed their country, like no real fan would do.

R
Hahahahahahahaha jokes
Surely the final was under uefa jurisdiction as a neutral final? Perhaps they should give bebop and rocksteady security a one game ban
Remember the CL final when that bird ran on the park? Who did UEFA fine for that one?

A huge sense of self-entitlement. I can't get a ticket so I'm just going to storm the gates. What an attitude...
I was at Germany and Final. If I’d have been with my Father (70s) or Nephew (8) I’d have been fuckin fuming, it was an absolute disaster - both sides to blame.

The upshot is a home match in June, that possibly many kids could have gone to, against a major nation is now behind closed doors.

Last edited:
I was also at the Germany game , and it was a great day. I believe it was the Germany and Denmark games that people noticed the shoddy security and became opportunists on the day of the final , I can't blame them

For eufa to not expect something is so stupid it's beyond belief. You cant expect immaculate behaviour for a game that big that's now how the world works

Uefa where in control of the venue not the FA so they should punish themselves.
Last line is interesting. We’re told that UEFA take control of Ibrox for Europa games so why do the club get punished?

I'm not an England fan, but that's irrelevant, I'm a NI fan, and no matter how huge the game, I would never "run through to get in", let alone behave like some of these thugs did when they got in. They embarrassed th

I'm not an England fan, but that's irrelevant, I'm a NI fan, and no matter how huge the game, I would never "run through to get in", let alone behave like some of these thugs did when they got in. They embarrassed their country, like no real fan would do.
I see where you are coming from

But I still think the blame is on eufa.
Last line is interesting. We’re told that UEFA take control of Ibrox for Europa games so why do the club get punished?
Very good question we should be asking .

Wembley was a neutral venue for the final , X amount of tickets were allocated to England and italies respective travel club fans (I think it was roughly 9k each).

The rest all went to sponsers and anyone that could afford the crazy money on the eufa portal.

EUFA decided that a bunch of customer service stewards on £9 ph , whos job is to point out the nearest toilet, could handle this huge event alone.(note these people are not security they have no training, or authority to get hands on when needed, not Sia licenced etc)

Instead of taking any responsibility for skimping out on security, eufa point the finger solely at the England fans, knowing most people are gullible or simply anti english, and will buy into their narrative that's it all England fans fault

I see where you are coming from

But I still think the blame is on eufa.

Very good question we should be asking .

Wembley was a neutral venue for the final , X amount of tickets were allocated to England and italies respective travel club fans (I think it was roughly 9k each).

The rest all went to sponsers and anyone that could afford the crazy money on the eufa portal.

EUFA decided that a bunch of customer service stewards on £9 ph , whos job is to point out the nearest toilet, could handle this huge event alone.(note these people are not security they have no training, or authority to get hands on when needed, not Sia licenced etc)

Instead of taking any responsibility for skimping out on security, eufa point the finger solely at the England fans, knowing most people are gullible or simply anti english, and will buy into their narrative that's it all England fans fault
I’m waiting for the full report myself till I make a proper judgement. All involved failed big time for me - UEFA, FA and The Met. I think UEFA must have handed the FA a lot of responsibility though and that is why they can do this, not seen any reaction from the FA but the fact they commissioned a report/review to be done instantly in July must mean something. I don’t think it’s all on UEFA, as much as I dislike them. I would like them looked in to for how they handled ticketing sales, that was another farce, communication was woeful regarding when tickets were being put on sale etc, especially for those of us who had tickets cancelled for matches moved.

This was a good article at the time and this says a lot:

One high-level source with knowledge of fan safety at football tells The Independent: “I’m reliably informed the FA had a crisis with stewarding numbers because so many understandably opted to watch the match at home rather than stand outside the stadium for £10 per hour.

“Clubs sometimes have similar issues so they reach out to other clubs for help, I’m pretty sure the FA didn’t do anything similar.”

The FA have pointed the finger at the Met police for the mayhem at Wembley, but the stadium is completely under its authority, with the responsibility for its immediate vicinity shared with Brent Council and the Greater London Authority.

The police have no input on how the event would be managed in terms of securing the stadium.

Last edited:
On a lighter note which probably shows the lack of pride many have in their job due to being badly paid and lack of respect for the FA, I ordered two beers and a pie last Tuesday at Wembley, lad just gave us them without taking any payment and said enjoy!

The risk sits largely with whoever is responsible for match day security. They got it badly wrong for the Final.
This is true, a lot of people have assumed that is UEFA 100% but it isn’t, it’s passed on to the FA it seems and they go from there.

In their mitigation talks, the FA stressed to UEFA that the Euro 2020 organising body were kept fully updated with the policing and security measures in place for the final.

In all honesty, I think we've got lucky with only the one game being closed off. Will more than likely be our first home League of Nations game that's impacted.

Dissapointed that The FA didn't come out and take ownership of the verdict. How can they be dissapointed after the shambolic scenes in July at the Final that happened on their watch? It's a shame that the match going regulars are being punished by the actions of ticketless fans who wouldn't dream of turning up for Andorra or Albania at home. However, it's highlighted that The FA need to get their own house in order regarding stadium operations.

When you look at what the dhims get away with their paltry fines, you do wonder.
They have to place men within uefa protecting them ! After all they are poor misunderstood oppressed souls. Fine after fine. Aye nae bother. FARE on ira-oke ! Nothing to see or hear. We all
Know how it works.

Some kind of punishment was probably deserved in all honestly. The scenes in and around the stadium were ugly. There were of course huge failures in terms of organisation too but you won't expect UEFA to acknowledge their part in the shambles.

Some kind of punishment was probably deserved in all honestly. The scenes in and around the stadium were ugly. There were of course huge failures in terms of organisation too but you won't expect UEFA to acknowledge their part in the shambles.
I'm not too sure what they could acknowledge really other than saying they shouldn't have trusted the FA and therefore they made a mistake giving this match to Wembley/FA?

I noticed they never dished out a fine to Basel for the Europa League Final in 2016 but did fine Sevilla/Liverpool for their fans, that was probably their way of saying we made a cock up giving this final to Basel (too small a Stadium for who ended up playing in it) and there was little they could do to prevent the issues.

Back