England Romania Under 21

Abraham just rattled the bar in injury time.

Romania look decent coming forward but their defence is gash, England just strolling past them

Romania look like they have a very good crop coming through.

From the little I have seen if this tournament, it's been enjoyable.

There is alot of good young players coming through.

Maybe puts a bit of perspective on Croatia (and Katic) performance against Romania

Croatia with another tough match against France in 30 mins

A lot of their eligible Under-21's have already been taken up to the main squad, though.

Guys like Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Chilwell, Cook, Winks, Deli Alli, Rice, Loftus-Cheek, Sancho. Hudson-Odoi and Rashford would all have been eligible to play in the tournament but they were playing in the nations league (or were injured)

Got them at 6/1 this afternoon. Watched them against Croatia the other day looked a fair side.

Boothroyd not picking Foden from the start should be enough to see him lose his job.

That's unbelievable.

Foden is a tremendous prospect who imo has a hint of a young Gazza about him.

Got them at 6/1 this afternoon. Watched them against Croatia the other day looked a fair side.

Boothroyd not picking Foden from the start should be enough to see him lose his job.
Got them at 9/2 last night, I was happy to back them to win.

Just been speaking to my Romanian friend who tells me that the top players in their national league earn about 2500euros a week. Wouldn’t think it would be an expensive market to dabble in.

That's unbelievable.

Foden is a tremendous prospect who imo has a hint of a young Gazza about him.
Making 5 changes makes you think that after the French loss either they underestimated their opponents or they decided just to give more players experience of tournament football.

A lot of their eligible Under-21's have already been taken up to the main squad, though.

Guys like Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Chilwell, Cook, Winks, Deli Alli, Rice, Loftus-Cheek, Sancho. Hudson-Odoi and Rashford would all have been eligible to play in the tournament but they were playing in the nations league (or were injured)
The salty tears of Plastic Nigel.

The salty tears of Plastic Nigel.
He is right though.
England could have fielded a much stronger eleven if it was all about winning tournaments.
But there is a balance with these things and it is between doing well and blooding young players for experience.

Back