England to win euros

IMO the Belgian and France attack would maul England's defence. England are excellent up front but could do enough to cover the defence?

I’d fancy France as they have a better squad. But Belgium Spain and Croatia have all beaten England in the last year alone.

Who did England beat at the World Cup that you wouldn’t except them to ? They only won 3 games out of seven in 90 Mins and that was against Tunisia panama and Sweden. A very over-rated team who haven’t achieved anything to deserve the title of being up there with the best in Europe.

You’re right about the World Cup - they flattered to deceive really - but they have begun these qualifiers with aplomb.

England do have a habit of looking good during qualification however only to revert to type when the big tournaments kick off in earnest and depart the minute they face anyone decent.

Varane v Maguire
Umtiti v Keane
Pavard v Walker
Kante v Dier

I would suggest there is a fair bit between the teams even after the 3 French players you admit are on a different level.
World Cup winning team v a team who have beat Czech Republic and Montenegro recently? Don't believe the hype

Never heard of Varane. Maguire very good player even so.

I think Kyle Walker is a terrific player, can easily hold himself up against Pavard.

I'll give you the other two.

But even so, England have Alli in the middle, Sancho, Sterling and Kane up ahead of him. I'd put Kane and Sterling up there with the 3 French players the other poster mentioned!

Plus its a team game. England playing very well as a side at the moment.

Never heard of Varane. Maguire very good player even so.

I think Kyle Walker is a terrific player, can easily hold himself up against Pavard.

I'll give you the other two.

But even so, England have Alli in the middle, Sancho, Sterling and Kane up ahead of him. I'd put Kane and Sterling up there with the 3 French players the other poster mentioned!

Plus its a team game. England playing very well as a side at the moment.

Kane and Sterling over Griezmann and Mbappe??? Not sure if you're serious.

Varane only plays with Real Madrid

Kane and Sterling over Griezmann and Mbappe??? Not sure if you're serious.

Varane only plays with Real Madrid

I think Griezmann and Mbappe playing in foreign leagues gives them that allure.

Kane and Sterling are key players in two of the top teams in the world. City arguably in the top 3 sides in the world.

Absolutely they are bang up there with those two.

Kane and Sterling are key players in two of the top teams in the world. City arguably in the top 3 sides in the world.

Go and look at Mbappe's stats at the same age as Messi and R7, Griezmann has won European and World trophies too. Kane and Sterling won in European or World honours? No they haven't, which to me suggests they are streets ahead of anything England have. Don't believe the hype

Two of the top teams in the world, really?

So when did Spurs sell Kane?

Sadly for them the French are going to dominate world football for the next 4 or 5 years. Only question mark I would guess is finding a replacement target man for Giroud.

The Germans and Dutch seem to be coming back into things as well.

It's all about The England.

I still remember those lengthy, England world cup threads.

Such high interest, especially in Scotland.

Quite exciting times on the international landscape. Seems to be a “changing of the guard” across the board with the next generation of talent coming through. Many nations in this transitional period.

I’d fancy France as they have a better squad. But Belgium Spain and Croatia have all beaten England in the last year alone.

Who did England beat at the World Cup that you wouldn’t except them to ? They only won 3 games out of seven in 90 Mins and that was against Tunisia panama and Sweden. A very over-rated team who haven’t achieved anything to deserve the title of being up there with the best in Europe.
They are improving but you are right. This qualifying campaign tells us nothing about their ability in the finals as they regularly do this and none of them offer much of a challenge. But Portugal and Greece win it and they were imho opinion weaker. If they get to the last 4 who knows though France look capable of doing what Spain did.

Many games at Wembley so I think England should be considered contenders. No outstanding favourite IMO but France are proven winners and would fancy them. England could go far though. They attack more than in the past and are not afraid to use young players. No doubt Southgate has been good for England.

France have 3 geniune top class options in each position, along with several world class players in their ranks, it's theirs to lose.
England look fantastic though have to say they are clicking well, but to win a tournament I'm not sure, they don't have an Mbappe, or a Griezman, or a Pogba (just 3 examples) in their team.

Their depth is unbelievable. Big Rabiot never even made the world cup squad and for me he is one of the best midfielders in the world.

I'd love to see it happen to be honest, the seethe and meltdown from Michael Stewart downwards on Twitter was an absolute joy to behold on Twitter last summer.

France are way ahead though to be honest and could dominate for the next few years.

I'm not saying this in any anti-English partisan manner, but I would never place England as favourites or near favourites for any tournament. English national teams are rarely good enough to compete with the very best and I think the national players have long come with psychological baggage which further hinders them.

They'res an enormous amount of shite spewed about English getting 'over excited' and 'too confident' etc. etc. In reality it's just because English people like celebrating when we win, whoever it's against, and other nations think it's 'arrogance'.

I've never met an English person in my life who thought they'd win the world cup or euros.

For the last 30 years most english fans have been entirely 'meh' about England with a lot of dislike towards certain players.

I'd bet my house the vast majority of England fans feel like this; 'We've a young squad, we play quite well, let's enjoy the ride and see where we get' but that truth doesn't play well with the anti-english brigade.

Spurs are in the Champions League quarters and third in the EPL.

They're world class mate.
If being in the CL quarters and a distant 3rd in the best marketed league in the world this season makes you world class, then so be it.

Historically they are piss poor as well.

I think the French are ahead of the rest , But they have peaked and England are very on the rise .
If they played just now would back France to win 2-1 .
If England progress like they should and with home advantage and it was England Vs France final would bet England 3-1
Holland is the value bet though

They'res an enormous amount of shite spewed about English getting 'over excited' and 'too confident' etc. etc. In reality it's just because English people like celebrating when we win, whoever it's against, and other nations think it's 'arrogance'.

I've never met an English person in my life who thought they'd win the world cup or euros.

For the last 30 years most english fans have been entirely 'meh' about England with a lot of dislike towards certain players.

I'd bet my house the vast majority of England fans feel like this; 'We've a young squad, we play quite well, let's enjoy the ride and see where we get' but that truth doesn't play well with the anti-english brigade.
Stop talking sense

I think this Nations League could be massive for them should they win it, to go with the penalty shoot getting the monkey off the back last Summer

Back