English ‘Big Six’ Ruining Their League According to Report

If it was possible I’d go back to the 3 foreigner rule and a wage cap. I mean, yeah, I’d be breaking every employment rule in the world but football would be bette

Said this for years it's the single biggest thing outside of money that's ruined football getting rid of that Rule. At most it should be 4.

It's destroyed international football.

Back in the day the AC Milan Defence for example would of practically been the Italian defence.

Between that and the bastardisation of the UEFA Cup etc. Both that and the CL should be an open draw No Seedings etc. Tough shit if Barcelona Draw Man City or the likes.

Totally corrupt now is football.

A salary scale is effectively a salary cap, because you cannot break the top limit of the salary scale.

The issues are not easily addressed, because not only will players leave for better money, we would struggle to recruit and hold on to a player if we cannot give him a pay rise. We gave Morelos two pay rises last year, under that system we wouldn't be able to.

Ive got two interviews for jobs next week. Both are on specific salary scales. No mention of salary caps. The only reason "salary caps" is used is to push the idea that wages are being unfairly restricted.

With regards to Morelos. You actually back up the point that introducing a salary scale would make our league more competitive. Superstars like him would leave and we'd promote players from our youth set up that we spend so much time on for little return.

Through time things would settle down and our league would be more competitive.

Why not just spilt the TV money equally and then let clubs make their own money off merch, tickets etc?

It would make it more competitive, but also allow advantages for size and success of the club.

The way things are going, the rich will get obscenely rich and the poor will go out of business. The gap is too wide in football, and it is getting worse.

A wee stat I saw which is interesting as it flies in the face of the EPL fan boys is that 'top six' v the rest in EPL is more uneven than Spain, Italy or Germany. The big teams more regularly pump the cannon fodder....it's not 'the most competitive' except at the very top.

This is where it goes wrong......41 players out on loan from one club!!!!
Chelsea-Players-Out-On-Loan.jpg

Sky have fked all off British football, it has enabled clubs in their top flight to pay massive salaries to bang average players.

There have always been dominant teams - Liverpool in the 70s & 80s, for example.

Where money has impacted the game is that it has become more important that winning a trophy.

Said this for years it's the single biggest thing outside of money that's ruined football getting rid of that Rule. At most it should be 4.

Back in the day the AC Milan Defence for example would of practically been the Italian defence.

Between that and the bastardisation of the UEFA Cup etc. Both that and the CL should be an open draw No Seedings etc. Tough shit if Barcelona Draw Man City or the likes.

I agree there should be an open draw, no keeping of sides apart. Tough shit if all the English sides go out in the groups. It’s just protectionism and isn’t good enough.

I would tend to agree however Leicester winning it a few years ago doesn't really rally up with that.
That clearly doesn’t suit their agenda!
And Spurs are making a mockery of it too, not bought a player last season, yet get top 4 again.
I’d love a researchers job like that, get paid for a couple of years and then publish the bleeding obvious, whilst ignoring the facts.

I agree there should be an open draw, no keeping of sides apart. Tough shit if all the English sides go out in the groups. It’s just protectionism and isn’t good enough.

Sooner the Top 8 or so teams fck off and play each other till their hearts content the better for the rest of us then the actual CL might be a far better tournament.

I gave up watching it tbh since we were last in it. Utter shite now and the same handful of teams that will win until infinity.

For me the bigger problem is the cash that the 14 other crap teams have to play with.

There are very few quality games in the EPL between 2 non-top six sides.

The EPL is both incredibly competitive and highly over-rated.

Our league is probably the least competitive in the world with us and them winning 94 titles between us. The ONLY solution, no matter how unpalatable, is to share the limited resources more evenly. Its the only way.

As for salary caps. Whay is wrong with paying footballers on a salary scale just like doctors, nurses, electricians, plumbers, policemen, joiners etc etc? Make the scale affordable and sustainable. This would give "diddy" clubs the chance to build young exciting teams and compete for honours. Games would be less predictable and more interesting. We'd all enjoy it more with more fans coming to support the smaller clubs.

Ive been banging on about this for years but I reckon the game has to get even worse before fans realise what is staring them in the face.

Stewart Milne voted against changing the 11-1 voting set-up a few years back. A decision which could've cost other clubs a change in a lifetime to get a foot up. The lack of criticism this moment gets is astounding.

Six teams, from various parts of the country are less likely to turn on each other and the whole benefits. In a two man race you put a stick in the spokes of your rival and its a one man race. Something we should remember when we catch back up.

Stewart Milne voted against changing the 11-1 voting set-up a few years back. A decision which could've cost other clubs a change in a lifetime to get a foot up. The lack of criticism this moment gets is astounding.

Six teams, from various parts of the country are less likely to turn on each other and the whole benefits. In a two man race you put a stick in the spokes of your rival and its a one man race. Something we should remember when we catch back up.

Absolutely bang on.

Im not sure of the timings but we could have joined with the others and voted for a number of radical changes such as sharing gate receipts etc that would have left Celtic badly exposed financially with their massive wage bill.

We could have proposed a change to the way prize money is distributed eg CL cash shared by all clubs. In rich leagues CL money isnt a major factor but in countries like ours it distorts and skews income levels and makes it impossible for others to compete.

Like I say Im not sure if the timings allowed us to make these moves so I could be wrong. Just thought it was worth highlighting.

Sooner the Top 8 or so teams fck off and play each other till their hearts content the better for the rest of us then the actual CL might be a far better tournament.

I gave up watching it tbh since we were last in it. Utter shite now and the same handful of teams that will win until infinity.

Unless we change the way money is collected and distributed the same situation would occur after the top teams had moved on. Another elite group would appear. Its inevitable. Just like the board game Monopoly.

Totally agree.

The CL is increasingly boring unless your team is in it. I could probably tell you right now at least 15 of the last 16 for the CL. Yaaaawn., Yes it's exciting by quarters but even then I have to admit it lacks interest if there are no English clubs.

Back