English Premier League and EFL plan

Wuhan is just opening back up after a complete & total lock down, that took what all up 3 months ? - most countries are in this for much longer.

Putting players health at risk due to pressure from Sky and BT. That's all it is.

Shameful to be honest.

The players could just refuse to play behind closed doors like the Scottish Players have done and they would be well within their rights. If it's not safe for fans to be at the stadium how can it be safe for the players?

The football world has shown itself to be completely detached from the real world during this crisis.

Even if the number of deaths dropped off in a few weeks time, all it would take is a slight resurgence to bring the game to a halt were it ever to restart.

Just one team or even one player infected by the virus would make it very difficult to continue.

The football world has shown itself to be completely detached from the real world during this crisis.

Even if the number of deaths dropped off in a few weeks time, all it would take is a slight resurgence to bring the game to a halt were it ever to restart.

Just one team or even one player infected by the virus would make it very difficult to continue.

Exactly.

They think a second wave of the virus is likely to hit us in the autumn/winter.

Football will be lucky to get through next season unscathed never mind this season. It's corporate interests pushing it to be restarted at the moment.

Warburton said during his interview on Sky, that they'll be doing a pre season when they get a date to return. That would mean start of June if the Epl want to be playing in July....very optimistic imo

The behind closed doors is a myth it won’t happen. The players have families too, and it’s not just the players couching staff, groundsman - what would be the point In doing it for the TV cameras and the watching public? Who would operate the cameras... it’s just not happening. It’s a joke they can’t just come out and say in light of what is going on football is off indefinitely that will kill all the this should happen that should happen nonsense everything you read is pie in the sky 30k reported deaths worldwide not to mention the pause in everyone’s life I think people should have more pressing concerns that when sport will resume. FIFA and UEFA are a farce allowing it to rumble on what was the big meeting about it should have been voided at that point. Everyone knows it’s not starting premier league is not kicking back off in July.

Putting players health at risk due to pressure from Sky and BT. That's all it is.

Shameful to be honest.

The players could just refuse to play behind closed doors like the Scottish Players have done and they would be well within their rights. If it's not safe for fans to be at the stadium how can it be safe for the players?

There’s no way on earth the PFA will allow closed doors games .

Footie will be back soon - the death toll is shaping up to be much lower than expected and schools will be back around May.

SPFL teams will lose around 100 players out of contract at the end of May - so restarting isn’t practical.

Fresh start in August seems about right.
the guy on the news conference just said if we get away with 20000 deaths we will be doing well.
there is no way schools will return in may we are around 3 weeks from them thinking we will hit the first wave of the peak then another 3 weeks from that is where we are now only on the other side. there is no way they are going to let the public out in 6 weeks as all this will be for nothing after that you would need the period of lockdown to continue to try and eradicate as much as possible. my wife (no) is a teacher and they are not planning on being back anytime before august.

I think the truth of the matter is, no bugger knows how this is going to end, when you have professors and world renowned scientists and all the rest contradicting each other and giving different scenarios, we really don’t know what is going to happen.

Interested why some people think that we will still be under lockdown in three months time when China are already relaxing restrictions and Wuhan, the epicentre of the virus is going to open travel in and out (currently just in) on april the 8th.

News reports said in China it started in December, meaning if they do finish their lockdown in April, that means it will have been four or five months so if we are on the same time scale (which I doubt) you are talking about the end of July at the earliest.

Interested why some people think that we will still be under lockdown in three months time when China are already relaxing restrictions and Wuhan, the epicentre of the virus is going to open travel in and out (currently just in) on april the 8th.
Firstly, I just don't trust the Chinese when it comes to any info they give out regarding Covid, plus they now have folk flooding back into the place and there must be an increased chance of the virus being reintroduced.
Also, the void in sport just now is encouraging media organisations with vested interests and agendas to spout any pish to fill a space and avoid facing up to the reality of the whole situation.

How they can come up with these arbitrary dates I have no idea. No one knows how long this will take. Not even the experts. Even taking the blue tinted specs off for a second, we are getting closer to the point that we should start preparing for a season altogether

The football authorities will have to swallow a dose of realism sooner or later. Better for everyone if it is sooner (i.e. now).

Honestly think this question will be better answered in the coming weeks.
Personally i think all sports as inconsequential as they are just now. Will be back in the last part of the year.
But this hasn't even peaked yet in the uk. Which leads me back to my first point.

I really don't see football or even society back to normal in 2020. I really hope I'm wrong. So planning to get games over and done with is just a pipe dream

No chance of going back to normality by July. This is simply putting of the inevitable decision to void the season - would be much better to do it now and move on.

Wuhan is just opening back up after a complete & total lock down, that took what all up 3 months ? - most countries are in this for much longer.
3 months my arse. This has been going on over there since at least November

Unlikely to be possible or there would have been no need to cancel the Olympics
I think they should be focusing on what will happen with the start of next season being delayed. I think very little chance the League let alone Euro qualifiers - if they can even decide who is in them - will start on time. Also quite possible some clubs just won't exist any more

3 months my arse. This has been going on over there since at least November

Yes everyone knows it’s longer than that - I was talking about how long they have been in lock down & they used a much tighter control method Than countries in the western world.

259 Deaths in the UK alone yesterday, daily death toll and confirmed cases on the rise, UK nowhere near hitting the peak of this yet, Italy now seeing serious social unrest and Spain in a serious state with huge daily cases and death tolls, crazy for anyone to even predict when football should begin, I think null and void will happen in Italy and Spain leaving UEFA no option to order Null and Void across Europe.

When they're converting buildings into hospitals, buying 10,000 ventilators and turning part of Birmingham airport into a mortuary. Also saying if we keep the death toll to under 20,000 then it's because we've listened and stayed at home, but people in charge of football put money before lives, it shows how crass those in charge really are.
Puts you off the game mate

Starting in July, they plan to have the season played to a finish over 4-6 weeks.

What price our mob to do the same?

Apologies if posted already.
p7fkCSS.gif

Once the sun comes out there's no way our country stays in doors.

indeed, I was talking about this to my other half this morning, if we are faced with crackin weather at the end of May, beginning of June, folk will start to go out again, not a chance will we remain on lockdown, especially if we have already been behind closed doors for acouple of months.

indeed, I was talking about this to my other half this morning, if we are faced with crackin weather at the end of May, beginning of June, folk will start to go out again, not a chance will we remain on lockdown, especially if we have already been behind closed doors for acouple of months.

Theres a name for someone as selfish as that but I’d get banned for calling you it.

Footie will be back soon - the death toll is shaping up to be much lower than expected and schools will be back around May.

SPFL teams will lose around 100 players out of contract at the end of May - so restarting isn’t practical.

I hope you don't bet.

So in theory then the season will be completed during the peak of Coronavirus in the U.K.

Aye ok.

Experts saying we could be in various levels of lockdown for 12 months buts it alright the fitba will continue in July:rolleyes:

Theres a name for someone as selfish as that but I’d get banned for calling you it.

I'm talking about the general population as a whole. I'm a recluse anyway. I work from home so this is nothing out of the ordinary to me other than I need to make my lunch each day instead of nipping out to the cafe.

But you know those people who were buying 200 toilet rolls at a time to cope with a virus that doesn't affect the digestive system? They'll not stay indoors once the sun puts its hat on.

So in theory then the season will be completed during the peak of Coronavirus in the U.K.

Aye ok.

Experts saying we could be in various levels of lockdown for 12 months buts it alright the fitba will continue in July:rolleyes:

And if the sun comes out next month %^*& social distancing and try to save lives we’re all going down the local park for a piss up.

Where do you see the facts for your statement. We are about 2 or 3 weeks away from the peak. The lock down might last a further 3 weeks after this lock down. Social distancing could go on until September.

Back