English ref admits bias corruption

davstr

Sorry for the non Twitterers

https://twitter.com/billykilby/status/1037090873589329922?s=12

Basically says they’re instructed to ignore certain incidents. And this is with “professional” refs

I wonder what the clowns up here are up to?abd which team is benefitting? (I think u can guess)

No one will say or do anything and we’ll have the usual suspects saying Scottish officials are honest as the day is long

Sorry for the non Twitterers

https://twitter.com/billykilby/status/1037090873589329922?s=12

Basically says they’re instructed to ignore certain incidents. And this is with “professional” refs

I wonder what the clowns up here are up to?abd which team is benefitting? (I think u can guess)

No one will say or do anything and we’ll have the usual suspects saying Scottish officials are honest as the day is long

I would be astonished if he said that, looks like internet nonsense to me

Ref.gif

I remember something about betting in America where officials in basketball I think it was told you can’t send off/sin bin certain players as that’s what fans-tv-sponsors pay to see.

Think mobsters got a hold of this information and started using him to bet on games.
He was found out and jailed.

I’m sure it was a documentary i watched.

Fouls, cards etc fine, I imagine they are questionable.

How on earth does a referee control the number of corners though in a high profile televised games. If someone hoofs it out the ref can’t do much about it. If it’s on the half way line he can’t just give a random corner.

Even though many suspect that games are rigged and the evidence is in many cases overwhelming, (think Barca v PSG) whistleblowers are thin on the ground for a reason.

Edit.

I'm in no way swallowing what Halsey says btw. But his claims are interesting nonetheless.

Fouls, cards etc fine, I imagine they are questionable.

How on earth does a referee control the number of corners though in a high profile televised games. If someone hoofs it out the ref can’t do much about it. If it’s on the half way line he can’t just give a random corner.
Yep, that’s the point I’ve just made before I’d read yours.

“We’re told to give a certain amount of corners.”

What a load of shite - and I love betting on corners.

The opportunities to give teams corners falsely is so limited it’s unreal.

I’m sure it was Kenny Clarke who said he did everything he could to keep Neil Lennon on the park at Ibrox , and eventually had to issue a second yellow at full time as Lennon just wouldn’t stop .

As for the Halsey one - that’s an old fake from about a year ago . Pay no heed .

I have mate, and I'm aware that it could be complete bollocks.

Not only could be. Actually is and the guy who posted the comment originally was threatened with legal action by Halsey.

This thread should be binned in all honesty. It just furthers the myth that there might be something in it.

Not only could be. Actually is and the guy who posted the comment originally was threatened with legal action by Halsey.

This thread should be binned in all honesty. It just furthers the myth that there might be something in it.
Not 'could be'. It is complete bollocks.
I don't mean the quote attributed to Halsey. I mean the allegations in general. Think of all the far east betting syndicates that sponsor clubs in England.

As I mentioned previously, there is a reason why whistleblowers are thin on the ground.

I'll let your imagination join the dots.

I don't mean the quote attributed to Halsey. I mean the allegations in general. Think of all the far east betting syndicates that sponsor clubs in England.

As I mentioned previously, there is a reason why whistleblowers are thin on the ground.

I'll let your imagination join the dots.

Do you think Far East betting companies are putting their names on shirts to advertise the fact that they are involved in illegal match fixing?? I'm pretty sure it is more likely to advertise their companies to the millions of Far East EPL viewers.

I'm not naive enough to think that there isn't under the table stuff going on in elite football btw.

Even though many suspect that games are rigged and the evidence is in many cases overwhelming, (think Barca v PSG) whistleblowers are thin on the ground for a reason.

Edit.

I'm in no way swallowing what Halsey says btw. But his claims are interesting nonetheless.

This isn't a real quote, however FIFA being exposed as corrupt to the core was real and undoubtedly our game will have been compromised at some point. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if many members of the Scottish and English FA have been involved in suspect activity in the past, as well as referee's and players.

Edit.

They’d only be interesting if there were a possibility that they were true.

Paul Scholes

"It's just a strikers challenge"

How often did we hear that ?
I’ve never had a problem with this one.
So long as it’s an excuse for an infringement and not that it shouldn’t be an infringement because it was made by a striker.

I was being sarcastic re the alleged quote (I'm a bit lax in my use of emoticons).

Surely, (and this is purely rhetorical btw) we are all grown up enough to recognise that where there are serious amounts of money swirling about, corruption can't be too far away. We all want to maintain a sense of purity about 'the beautiful game' that we grew to love as youngsters. But our experiences when we get older and logical reasoning dictates that football is like any other walk of life and can't be placed on a pedestal.

But I agree with a previous poster, fake news isn't great and threads like this can be counterproductive.

I’m sure it was Kenny Clarke who said he did everything he could to keep Neil Lennon on the park at Ibrox , and eventually had to issue a second yellow at full time as Lennon just wouldn’t stop .

That's how I remember it as well mate. I'm sure the appeal by Celtic against the sending off was the one they took a lawyer into and used Kenny Clarke's statement, ("I did everything he could to keep Neil Lennon on the park") against him as proof of incompetence! Couldn't mark their neck with a blowtorch!

That's how I remember it as well mate. I'm sure the appeal by Celtic against the sending off was the one they took a lawyer into and used Kenny Clarke's statement, ("I did everything he could to keep Neil Lennon on the park") against him as proof of incompetence! Couldn't mark their neck with a blowtorch!
Said above and I'll say again, Stuart Dougal:D

Back