Enough of the euphoria, where's the negatives?

6 points from 6 and looking good for progressing to next round of the Europa, only negative for me is the poets are top. Hopefully that changes in the next couple of weeks though.

We'll need to beat better teams than the Kilmarnock and Hibs teams we have just beat.

To be frank, the only side that definitely fits that criterion is FC Semtex.

Aberdeen aren't better than Killie, and look to have gone backwards already.

Our challenge will be playing everyone else who comes to Ibrox playing 5-4-1

Our timing and choice of substitutions could be better, but I’m starting to scrape the barrel.

Our best performances (barring games against part-timers) have been against teams who open up and try to commit players forward against us. Such as Marseille, Derby, Midtjylland and Hibs. This was also the case last season with our best performances bring in Europe and against Hollicom FC!

I still wonder how we’ll fair up against robust teams who sit in against us. Which was our main problem last season. The two games of note so far has been Progres and Killie away where we looked like we were last season and toiled to break them down.

But as I said, I’m scraping the barrel and we’ve overcome every hurdle that’s been in our way so far so we’re not doing a lot wrong.

A troubling lack of interest by Gerrard in changing the game against Killie and Hibs, though we were bailed out in both occasions by a late goal and a red card.

He won't always get away with that.

Bailed out v Hibs by the red card? Seriously.

If you are being hypothetical we easily could have been out of sught

I’m all for tempering expectations but it’s just nonsense to say we were bailed out the red card

Were we bailed out in Denmark by a wonderfully crafted 4th goal ?

Bailed out v Hibs by the red card? Seriously.

If you are being hypothetical we easily could have been out of sught

I’m all for tempering expectations but it’s just nonsense to say we were bailed out the red card

Were we bailed out in Denmark by a wonderfully crafted 4th goal ?

Did you bother to read the full page?

A troubling lack of interest by Gerrard in changing the game against Killie and Hibs, though we were bailed out in both occasions by a late goal and a red card.

He won't always get away with that.

That's a fair point. I was astounded Defoe sat on the bench for the full game at Killie when we needed a goal. We basically got lucky in the end with a set piece, albeit Tav done superb driving the team up the park to win the corner in the first place.

A lack of game changing subs is a trend under Gerrard from last season as well. You could forgive him for last season when you look at the options he had on the bench at times but we don't have that problem this season. The squad overall is a lot healthier.

Good points.

When teams are in the ascendency, we are still relatively incapable in the midfield of sitting back & taking control of possession & tempo again. It has got better but its something I've moaned about for ages.

Left back is still a big weakness & one that needs sorted which should help the solidity of the back line.

The final issue is defeating teams who sit back. I still think we need to invest in another quality forward player & using a centre half comfortable at driving into midfield in these games (Edmundson?).

These problems havent disappeared after 2 good results

The only negatives for me, and I am being picky since that’s what this thread is about, then I’d say we still tend to switch off for small parts of games which will hurt us more after we play better teams.

We are playing great so far but we played great at times last year. We will need to wait a bit to see if we have the consistency to win the title.

I reckon both us and the scum will steamroll a lot of teams this year so it will be down to fine margins.

I did and can’t get away from your initial statement

We were always winning the game but it took us until the 75th minute and Hibs to be reduced to 10 men to get the decisive goal. During that time Gerrard didn't make a sub or look to change anything already on the pitch. While this lack of action was more in evidence during the Killie game, it was still evident on Sunday.

timing of subs and when we play teams who have no intention to attack us is where I have a bit of apprehension

not saying Hibs were attacking all game but they are the sort of team who would go out to try, like the Danish side last week. Kilmarnock had no intention of attacking until the 2nd half but we only scored once and didn't really look like scoring after the Arfield goal

Bollingoli dropped by the Dhims tonight is bad news. They must’ve realised that they’ve signed a 3m dud before we get a shot at him.

No negatives I can think of. Our swashbuckling attacking play will undoubtedly have us concede a few goals but couldn't care about that it's football and as long as we keep playing so well and scoring iits all good.

I think hivs are the 1st of many to get a whooping off us this season.

We've had a brain fart in the last 2 games which could've ended up a lot more costly.

A shaky 10 minutes in Denmark keeps the tie alive and a shaky 10 minutes against Hibs might've done the same.

I don't buy into the scoring more goals than the opposition. A good defence and plenty clean sheets always goes a long way for succesful teams.
Work on that, which I'm hoping the big Swede can give us and we're on our way

We've had a brain fart in the last 2 games which could've ended up a lot more costly.

A shaky 10 minutes in Denmark keeps the tie alive and a shaky 10 minutes against Hibs might've done the same.
The tie is dead and we thrashed hibs?

Back