Enough. Stop blaming the UB.

As the fantastic fans that we still are, we're a collective support. We take praise together, we must put our hands up to acknowledge mistakes together, and we - as one - have caused this problem but we - as one - can easily fix it without blaming each other. Those who may seek us harm, over singing or any other point, and are lurking round this forum must be delighted that the aged old well practiced divide and conquer mentality seems to be creeping into so many posts. Where we are is not due to the Union Bears.

I'm lucky enough to go watch Rangers home and away, which gives first hand exposure to the fans, songs and add ons week in week out. When the support is in full voice, it's simply not the case only the UBs belt out the phrases getting us, correctly, in bother. The rubbish I'm reading that they are finished or not welcome is bang out if order and wrong.

Which isn't to say they are absolved of blame. They often start songs, encourage the tone and need to wrap the guff that's now resulted in these sanctions....but you can lead a horse to water but no make it drink. As a collective, home and away, the majority partake so drop the blame game and lets fix the problem minus the attempts to kill off the UB

For make no doubt about it, this group brings colour, atmosphere and fun to the games and are to be credited for the atmosphere generated. Totally as culpable for the bad songs as the rest of us, and totally needing to drop it like the large numbers of us who dont stand in their section or nearby yet are happy to join in.

The vision going forward has to be minus all sectarian lines, but must include and still be led by the energy the UB bring. Let's do this as one solid group of fans.
Spot On.

Those boys get the blame all the time. On this occasion I'm sure that a lot of supporters in and around that section are not regulars. It's a shame to be honest.

I've every confidence that the U.B.s will take this head on and adapt their song sheet drop tha add ons and take their place as leaders off.

It’s an absolute joke the amount of comments on here jumping the gun and blaming the Union Bears. Do folk on here even go to Ibrox? Sectarian songs/abuse is widespread all over stadium. They’re songs, they’re words. Please don’t say in all these years following Rangers you haven’t shouted or sung something that contains a sectarian word.

The Union Bears aren’t the only folk that sing songs at Ibrox. They sing countless Rangers songs that other folk don’t know but as soon as the Billy Boys/Super Rangers starts everyone else in the stadium sings it.

I am happy to put the blame at anybody who is responsible for it.

I do find the comments that ‘the whole stadium is doing it’ a little bit at odds with ‘the place is a morgue without these guys’ is a bit confusing.

At the moment, regardless of how pathetic the rules are they are there. Whoever is responsible needs outed and told not to come back. If the UB are not responsible then they absolutely should not be getting stick for it.

However, the people who are responsible should be getting stick they can't recover from. They're not welcome back. 3000 people cannot go to the football to support Rangers because of them. The need to hold their hands up, say sorry and don't come back. They hurt the club they claim to support.

The punishment does not fit the crime it's been set up to do that and we're going to end up being chucked out of Europe.

The Union Bears aren’t the only folk that sing songs at Ibrox. They sing countless Rangers songs that other folk don’t know but as soon as the Billy Boys/Super Rangers starts everyone else in the stadium sings it.
They know by singing these songs the trouble it brings to our door through media attention or now having part of Ibrox closed down, It's a strange way to show you care about something when through their actions it has cost the club perhaps £100k in lost revenue along with the damage to the image of the club it has also brought. So perhaps you can understand why the club are pissed off and closed their section.

Loyalist songs, add on's about fucking the pope, 19th Century Terrorists and their blood have no place in our football stadium, by all means if that's the way you feel then hire a wee hall and sing to your hearts content then you only get yourself in trouble and the club doesn't get punished or dragged through the mud, always confuses me also when people sing them while being video'd by the cops and risking losing your job or job prospects if convicted as most employers will do a disclosure check, losing your job for singing a song, think about that.

Stop singing the words or songs that's damaging the club, the same club we admire and love, yet some of us wish to do harm to the thing we love by singing them.

I was thinking could the UB use this to there advantage if they put out a statement to say they will not sing these songs at Ibrox would it not help them in the long run with the safe standing area they are trying to get, PS I am not saying they caused this only that they can use it to help them get what they need , Ibrox without them is like a library long live the UB .

They know by singing these songs the trouble it brings to our door through media attention or now having part of Ibrox closed down, It's a strange way to show you care about something when through their actions it has cost the club perhaps £100k in lost revenue along with the damage to the image of the club it has also brought. So perhaps you can understand why the club are pissed off and closed their section.

Loyalist songs, add on's about fucking the pope, 19th Century Terrorists and their blood have no place in our football stadium, by all means if that's the way you feel then hire a wee hall and sing to your hearts content then you only get yourself in trouble and the club doesn't get punished or dragged through the mud, always confuses me also when people sing them while being video'd by the cops and risking losing your job or job prospects if convicted as most employers will do a disclosure check, losing your job for singing a song, think about that.

Stop singing the words or songs that's damaging the club, the same club we admire and love, yet some of us wish to do harm to the thing we love by singing them.
Never did I say once I agreed with it, but it’s ingrained into the football club. We have to change now. I’m saying that the UB aren’t the only group of supporters who sing TBB or Super Rangers. Rapid Vienna game had Super Rangers getting belted out by the entire stadium.

I’m partly responsible as I sung the songs mentioned and I sit in the Copland rear.

We should not be singling out individual groups, we are all grown ups and responsible for our actions.
We have to take this on the chin as a hole and make the change together.

At the moment, regardless of how pathetic the rules are they are there. Whoever is responsible needs outed and told not to come back. If the UB are not responsible then they absolutely should not be getting stick for it.

However, the people who are responsible should be getting stick they can't recover from. They're not welcome back. 3000 people cannot go to the football to support Rangers because of them. The need to hold their hands up, say sorry and don't come back. They hurt the club they claim to support.

The punishment does not fit the crime it's been set up to do that and we're going to end up being chucked out of Europe.
We shouldn’t be pointing fingers at one group it’s obvious it’s in every stand. It’s time to drop these songs and keep the ones that won’t get us fined i.e A Trip To Ibrox etc.

If its a choice between the UBs and some random part of the stadium then the UBs have got to go.
They lead the singing so they have to accept the majority of the responsibility.

As I said in another thread, the UBs held a silent protest last season against Aberdeen. The reason was the club wouldnt support their standing section or moving g to a more prominent section or something like that.

The very first song they sang in the second half was about the UVF.

How can the club support or show any empathy to them when that's the sort of idiotic things they do?

What song did the Union Bears sing?

If its a choice between the UBs and some random part of the stadium then the UBs have got to go.
They lead the singing so they have to accept the majority of the responsibility.
How is this going to come down to a choice between UBs and some random part of the stadium? Genuine question.

Never did I say once I agreed with it, but it’s ingrained into the football club. We have to change now. I’m saying that the UB aren’t the only group of supporters who sing TBB or Super Rangers. Rapid Vienna game had Super Rangers getting belted out by the entire stadium.
The easiest answer for you,me and countless others who want rid of it is to just stop singing them, easy for those that want it stopped but it's the ones as you say that it's ingrained into that's the problem, banning people also isn't the answer as they would still get into games through other means, education doesn't work because despite the club telling people the harm to the club it does for years, even those aware of it still do it like some sort of bravado.

This has been going on for hundreds of years, personally I don't think it will ever be stopped regardless of what action or sanctions are put in place, In all my many decades of going to football i haven't seen any change throughout the years and if being honest i've never seen it so bad as it is right now, social media in my opinion has also helped in ramping it up a few levels from both sides of the divide, social media is absolute poison and has only helped to increase hatred, so rather than tackle the problem we are only feeding it and making it worse.

Don't think anyone has the perfect answer to stop it, apart from playing in an empty stadium.

Last edited:
Whay if you are just near them is that any justification to deny somebody on ccs their tickets? Because in the hysteria to blame them thats what has happened

The UB are the voice of the support, they don't sing anything that the rest of us haven't sung before (maybe the Ole Ole Ole stuff but we've all sung TBB etc) but they are the most vocal so 90% of the songs sung by the whole stadium are started by the UB.

I love the UB, the atmosphere, the displays but they now have a decision to make, they either become the driving force for change or it will effectively be the end of the group - there is no way the Club and the rest of the support can allow UB to continue to sing songs that will land Rangers in trouble.

Above everything else, we all love Rangers, we all want what's best for Rangers and everyone knows how important Europe is. I really hope UB take it upon themselves to bring about change in our support, we sing whatever they start so they're the most likely solution to get us out of this problem that we (the support as a whole) have created for the Club.

The songs were sung before the UB were created, the UB aren't the problem but hopefully they'll provide the solution!

As the fantastic fans that we still are, we're a collective support. We take praise together, we must put our hands up to acknowledge mistakes together, and we - as one - have caused this problem but we - as one - can easily fix it without blaming each other. Those who may seek us harm, over singing or any other point, and are lurking round this forum must be delighted that the aged old well practiced divide and conquer mentality seems to be creeping into so many posts. Where we are is not due to the Union Bears.

I'm lucky enough to go watch Rangers home and away, which gives first hand exposure to the fans, songs and add ons week in week out. When the support is in full voice, it's simply not the case only the UBs belt out the phrases getting us, correctly, in bother. The rubbish I'm reading that they are finished or not welcome is bang out if order and wrong.

Which isn't to say they are absolved of blame. They often start songs, encourage the tone and need to wrap the guff that's now resulted in these sanctions....but you can lead a horse to water but no make it drink. As a collective, home and away, the majority partake so drop the blame game and lets fix the problem minus the attempts to kill off the UB

For make no doubt about it, this group brings colour, atmosphere and fun to the games and are to be credited for the atmosphere generated. Totally as culpable for the bad songs as the rest of us, and totally needing to drop it like the large numbers of us who dont stand in their section or nearby yet are happy to join in.

The vision going forward has to be minus all sectarian lines, but must include and still be led by the energy the UB bring. Let's do this as one solid group of fans.
Excellent post mate , got no connection with the UB but how anyone on here can say they have never sung TBB at Ibrox I just don't believe it . I have never seen anyone booing the songs when they start most join in and I admit I have . But no more , my club means more to me than a couple of lines in a song , but please don't say its all the UB 's fault its not true

The op has a fair point in that We are All in this Together. We need to have each others backs as the enemies of our club circle around us.

The points have been made about the songs and chants that offends. Our beloved club have asked us to refrain. Our fantastic manager has pleaded for it to stop now.

We need to take this on board as we move on beginning with tomorrow. Let's stay united for that is what our haters fear the most, our unity and loyalty to one another and The Rangers Football Club.

Let's show our club and manager that we have listened. We owe them. Big time!

Are people on here seriously trying to say that the UB have never started the singing of The Billy Boys or Super Rangers.?

It is unfair to blame the UB for this.

We are all Rangers fans - we all sing the songs - we celebrate together - we bite our nails together - we have been through the last 7 years together. We take this together and we have to fix it together.

My challenge to the UB is to be leaders - they are the main singing section and the colour and atmosphere begins with them.

Please don't go on the defensive.

Take this on behalf of the support and vow to lead the way forward and let's move on.

Approach the board and C1872 and agree the way forward.

As was posted earlier - with great power comes great responsibility.

Let's Go UB.

Well surely they shoulder some of the blame? That's my point.
Yeah, they shoulder some of the blame but not cause they're UBs...but for the same reason any of us have sung one of these songs.

They didn't write these songs nor force the thousands to belt them out that do. Hence, it's a collective issue.

To simplify it to this binary choice between UBs and everything being ok is daft. And if its daft, then were laying blame at the wrong place.

Well surely they shoulder some of the blame? That's my point.
So does every single rangers fan who joined in .it doesn’t matter who started it nobody is forcing the other parts of the ground to sing along but they did.we have got to move away from the finger pointing and the blame game amd realize it’s up to every single one of us to take responsibility and stop tbb and super rangers

I blame the older generation. We were warned about this, fined etc nearly 15 years ago by Uefa.

Back then we were told to stop, we should have then started new songs or other songs. And teach the children and future fans what songs we should sing.

The UB get stick because they sing the songs, but maybe if they had been taught differently years ago growning up the song sheet could have been different.

Everyone knows how the UB work. It is not karaoke where some random walks to the front and starts a song. If I am not mistaken the songs are directed from the front and aided by the beat of a drum. As a fans group who have been allowed to congregate as a singing section they should lead by example. If they are not responsible they should be directing their members to desist from singing anything that we are going to get in trouble for.

There are always people who will follow like sheep and it is human instinct when we are in a group setting to think we can get away with something if everyone else is doing it.

As soon as that song was sang I knew we were going to get in bother for it and it was not just the UB. There was plenty around me singing it and the majority of them I had never seen before. Some looked as though it was their first game since the eighties.

We have been duped and led into a false sense of security. Because no one was making waves we thought it was ok and carried on regardless. FFS weeks ago we thought that a report was being suppressed because it was going to put the mhanks in a bad light. All they were doing was giving us enough rope to hang ourselves with and biding their time.

Our enemies can smell blood and they are revelling in this blame game we are having. Are we clever enough to box our way out of this or are we going to fall into their trap. ?

Unlike others who do not seem to believe that strict liability is a goer I am 100% certain that this is inevitable. As someone who has personally spoken to Dave Scott from NBM this was their end game from at least 5 years ago and this UEFA punishment has now got the ball rolling.

The fan base know that in European home games they can't sing the Billy Boys. Warnings are issued on social media and Rangers forums, including here when FARE are attending.

The Union Bears are part of the problem and the main player in this particular issue. They en masse sang the Billy Boys. If i was on the Board i'd be wanting a meeting asap to ask them what the fck do they think they are playing at.

European home games ?? it was an away game in Eindhoven that got us into bother in 2011

I love the Union Bears for their enthusiasm and support for the club that I and they love. But it's necessary to point out that they need to address their reportoire. They're the guys who generally lead the singing in support of the team. And when they do, most often others join in. I'm just asking that they recognise this and don't give our tunnel visioned media the opportunity to pile in with free hit accusations of bigotry. We need the UB's, but we need them to heed today's reality. We are not follow following Rangers to Dundee, Hamilton or a place that rhymes with it, and we're certainly not going to do over an elderly Argentinian gentleman that resides in Rome. Our iconic club anthem would be a good place to start in ridding Ibrox of pointless offensiveness and help save it from being the next target of all the Rangers haters out there, who are salivating at the prospect. Come on Union Bears rise to the challenge!

Was just about to make a thread on this until I saw it

Back