Enzo Maresca? New bookies’ fav. for scum job

if that's the case, then they'll sell as many season tickets as they had when they were loaned hampden for the season, here's hoping

We’ve just got to focus on ourselves, continue to improve and be the best we possibly can. We are in a great position right now.

Hopefully the man they appoint is an absolute disaster and sets them back years.
He could do a good job there but they’ll accept no less than the league and matching us in Europe. Their arrogance from the last decade won’t allow anything less and he’ll be chased with more protests.

Just hope hes a failure.

Football can turn on its head very quickly.

I won't get ahead but these names dont sound marquee.

What are their connections with Man City? It seems quite a few things emanate from there.

Lawells boy works there as head of recruitment or scouting or something. They also heavily schmoozed City's top men when they played in the CL a few years ago. Heavily pushing for a move to the EPL on the back of it.

I’ll still be amazed if it isn’t Clarke in the summer. Ticks the box of being one of their own and a track record of making teams hard to beat on a budget which is where they are heading.
He couldn’t possibly manage them, he dislikes Scotland due to the sectarian element (I refuse to believe anyone thinks like this).

Doesn’t sound like one of their own but whoever they get and however nice he is I just know i’ll end up disliking him .

I’ll still be amazed if it isn’t Clarke in the summer. Ticks the box of being one of their own and a track record of making teams hard to beat on a budget which is where they are heading.
I would prepare to be amazed then, everything ties up for maresca to be the manager, cheap friend of the new dof, ability for loans as they rebuild.

Sounds like another Angelo Alessio and look how he turned out in Scottish Football.

You tend to think a back to basics approach would improve them instantly. However Clarke does seem an absolute oddball and poor with the media....then again I think of their last manager......there just seems to be something about Clarke that makes me think they would have doubts about him.....

As long as he's Kafflick...he'll fit right in.
It will take more than a good coach to get that performing tricks.

New CEO can't leave his post until 1st July, so this is Pig eyed Pete's parting gift. Hmmm let's hope they let him fire money at the sinking ship, wonderful

They’re obviously trying for their version of Gerrard. They don’t have an original thought in their head. Hopefully it’s their version of Pedro.
I'm just surprised they haven't approached Liverpool for permission to speak to their U-18s Coach Steven Gerrard.

He was Pellegrini's assistant at West Ham, and now he's in charge of Man City's U23 team who are top of their league.

If you squint hard enough he looks a bit like Pep so that's what they'll be pinning their hopes on.

This is the start of the banter years for these diddys. He's another Pedro. There will be no happiness in Timmys house and their sisters/wives will be hiding behind the couch when this is announced.

Celtic hit the jackpot with Rodgers and an appointment like that is never going to happen again.

With the child abuse case, unsettled fans and a resurgent Rangers, I can't think of many managers willing to stake their managerial credibility on trying to take them back to the top.

An unknown quantity might be the best they could hope for.
Hit the jackpot in what way?
Sure they dominated domestically, what did they achieve in Europe, a couple of record defeats aside?

Agree. Also big bad Rangers fans have already hurt his feelings so he is a ready made victim. Perfect fit.

New CEO can't leave his post until 1st July, so this is Pig eyed Pete's parting gift. Hmmm let's hope they let him fire money at the sinking ship, wonderful

I wouldn’t imagine that anything will be sanctioned without McKay & ultimately Fritzl’s say so.

Produced some great music for the Spaghetti Movies, my favourite being the good, the bad and the ugly

Was a decent midfielder for Sevilla years back. Football can change so quickly, it's obvious to say it could be a success or a failure. What we have on our side is that the margins to qualify for success are much smaller than failure for them at this point. Will they give him time if it's not instant? I'd be surprised, and it's not like us where Gerrard really was our last chance and thank God how it's turned out.

I think they'll go for Clarke who I don't think will appease their boarded. They'll be looking for a box office akin to SG. You can just hear the rattling of the biscuit tin,wondering if they can afford it. I hope it's Clarke who doesn't have the pull SG has got in terms of attracting players.

Hit the jackpot in what way?
Sure they dominated domestically, what did they achieve in Europe, a couple of record defeats aside?

Celtic were a plodding, mediocre team who'd just been beaten by a team managed by a guy who thought Rob Kieran was a centre half. Rodgers came in and was responsible for winning them two trebles and going unbeaten in one of those seasons. The perceived quality of the opposition aside, that's a pretty incredible feat. We didn't denigrate Smith's records domestically by pointing to his failures in Europe.

Unfortunately your own underestimation of Rodgers was shared by the board, who decided to appoint Pedro as the man who'd take us back to the top. If they'd thought Rodgers was a better manager, maybe they'd have appointed a better manager for us, and we wouldn't have had to endure those barren years.

Back